Newcastle Utd 2 - 0 Chelsea - 02/11/13 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

They're allowed 60 seconds contractually apparently.

I must have blinked and missed it.

I was pottering about doing stuff in the house with it on and when it got to 1220 I hadn't seen us so rewound but it only went back 62 minutes and we weren't there???????

Any one else do themselves some serious damage after Remy's goal? I celebrated so hard that I was blind in one eye for a few minutes. Was shitting meself.

I was chucking the bairn up in the air while she was waving her scarf about shouting "Who are ya!".

I ache all over today.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Watching it back.  David James as the teams are in the tunnel: "I think Chelsea will walk this".

:yao:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/11/article-0-00029608000001F4-982_306x423.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01633/david-james_1633708c.jpg

To be fair to David James he was the only one talking any sense whatsoever before the game.

Seriously? all he was doing the entire time was saying how Chelsea would thrash us and when they didn't saying how lucky the win was.

Sounded like he had a huge chip on his shoulder and couldn't stand the fact that we won the game.

Weather conditions were awful for playing football yesterday, yet Chelsea's control and passing in the first half was amazing, they really do have a lot of exceptionally talented players. Once upon a time you'd have needed a ticket for a world cup QF to see that level of quality.

As one of many who didn't give us a hope in hell before kick off it was a brilliant game to be at.

Weather conditions were awful for playing football yesterday, yet Chelsea's control and passing in the first half was amazing, they really do have a lot of exceptionally talented players. Once upon a time you'd have needed a ticket for a world cup QF to see that level of quality.

As one of many who didn't give us a hope in hell before kick off it was a brilliant game to be at.

They were horrible throughout the game. Amazing passing? They couldn't string a sequence of more than four passes together man.

They were horrible throughout the game. Amazing passing? They couldn't string a sequence of more than four passes together man.

They were very good first half and showed excellent control considering the weather. Did you watch it live ?

Chelsea boss Jose credits Newcastle Utd’s fans

JOSE Mourinho says St James’s Park is one of his bogey grounds – because of Newcastle United’s support.

Mourinho’s Chelsea team were beaten 2-0 at the stadium on Saturday thanks to second-half goals from Yoan Gouffran and Loic Remy.

The result brought an end to the club’s six-game winning streak.

And Mourinho blasted his players after the game, and claimed he had made “11 wrong choices” with his team selection.

Amid a subdued first-half atmosphere at St James’s Park given recent events on and off the field at the club, Newcastle absorbed intense pressure from Chelsea.

But St James’s Park came to life after the interval as United took the game to their visitors, and won the fixture for the second successive season.

And Mourinho – who has never guided Chelsea to a Premier League victory at the stadium – felt his team didn’t have the right “mentality” to play and win on Tyneside.

“I have never won here, and I have had champions teams,” said Mourinho.

“I have won here in the (League) Cup, I think, never in the league.

“Of course, it’s difficult. They have a fantastic crowd, and the crowd is always behind the team, but you have to come here with a certain kind of mentality.

“If you want to win matches, you have to come with a certain mentality and today, for sure, we didn’t come.”

Reflecting on the game, Mourinho said: “We were too soft.

“We were too soft with the ball and without the ball, but especially with the ball because we had the ball for a long time, and we were not aggressive, we were not intense with the ball, so it was a really bad performance by us.”

Mourinho made nine changes from the side he fielded in last Tuesday’s Capital One Cup win over Arsenal.

Asked about his team selection, he added: “I made 11 mistakes. I should have picked another 11, and not this one.

“It’s the feeling I have. When my team plays so badly, it’s the feeling I have.

“I’m exaggerating. Of course we had some guys with some normal, good performances, but the feeling is that I made 11 wrong choices.”

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-utd/chelsea-boss-jose-credits-newcastle-utd-s-fans-1-6211511

To be fair to David James he was the only one talking any sense whatsoever before the game.

Seriously? all he was doing the entire time was saying how Chelsea would thrash us and when they didn't saying how lucky the win was.

Sounded like he had a huge chip on his shoulder and couldn't stand the fact that we won the game.

In fairness, most of us would have been saying the same thing at the start of the game.

Thought we were very sloppy and far too easy to play against for the first 20 mins or so. Chelsea didn't capitalise. As the 1st half wore on i thought we looked better. In the 2nd half i thought we looked the hungrier team. Quick to close them down, looking for ways to attack. Was very good to see.

Thought Tiote was very good but then again, so was Anita. MYM i thought was really on it, very good game from him. Debuchey was good again (odd lapse but he was playing against a top team).

Very enjoyable 2nd half. Well done to all of them. Especially Mike Ashly :lol:

"If we get to the last 15-20 minutes of the game."

Jesus fucking Christ.

Pardew comes out before the game, tells Mourinho what our game plan is, dares him to do something about it and still wins the tactical battle.

:lol:

I was as delighted as anyone with the win, but as I alluded to in another pre-match post: setting up like that at home will never be for me and shows why I'll never be able to back a manager like Pardew. Ruined by Keegan and Robson, I suppose.

To me it's actually as high risk to be so ultra-defensive from the outset as it is to play our normal game, but I can't deny that it seems to suit Pardew's management style more.

"If we get to the last 15-20 minutes of the game."

Jesus fucking Christ.

Pardew comes out before the game, tells Mourinho what our game plan is, dares him to do something about it and still wins the tactical battle.

:lol:

I was as delighted as anyone with the win, but as I alluded to in another pre-match post: setting up like that at home will never be for me and shows why I'll never be able to back a manager like Pardew. Ruined by Keegan and Robson, I suppose.

To me it's actually as high risk to be so ultra-defensive from the outset as it is to play our normal game, but I can't deny that it seems to suit Pardew's management style more.

It's the best chance we have of coming away from these games with a result. Wouldn't say we were ultra-defensive either.

Unless we get some nutjob like Bielsa in, the approach against the likes of Chelsea isn't going to vary much. Keegan and Robson benefited from having teams with nearly as much quality as the best in the league.