Tottenham vs. Newcastle United - Sun 10th Nov @ 12pm (live on Sky Sports 1)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4-4-2 With Shola ffs.

Anita and HBA left out.

Pardew really?

Thoughts Brett?

I moaned at this against City and they put in a canny performance, i had half a moan at the line up before Chelsea and they won.

Can see why he's done it, options are limited, Cisse out of form, Ben Arfa struggled up top, Shola has give us something to aim at. Agree with the person a couple of posts up about the 4-4-2, Norwich played it and hardly seen the ball, hope we can do better than that. Feel sorry for Anita like, he should be starting. Dont' think Ben Arfa/Cisse/Colo can have too many complaints as they have either not took their chance or others deserve to be playing ahead of them.

Shola f***ing Ameobi is starting instead of Hatem Ben Arfa, there's no excuse for that man.

"he works hard"

"he's a jawdee and the jawdees wanna watch jawdees play"

"presence"

"Nigerian international"

4-4-2 With Shola ffs.

Anita and HBA left out.

Pardew really?

Thoughts Brett?

I moaned at this against City and they put in a canny performance, i had half a moan at the line up before Chelsea and they won.

Can see why he's done it, options are limited, Cisse out of form, Ben Arfa struggled up top, Shola has give us something to aim at. Agree with the person a couple of posts up about the 4-4-2, Norwich played it and hardly seen the ball, hope we can do better than that. Feel sorry for Anita like, he should be starting. Dont' think Ben Arfa/Cisse/Colo can have too many complaints as they have either not took their chance or others deserve to be playing ahead of them.

We played for a draw against city and got beat in extra time, doesn't strike me as good gameplan.

Shola serves no purpose apart from defending corners, To be fair I would have left out Colo for this and Mike and Mbiwa have looked decent.

In regards to Cisse the man isn't good enough for me but Anita should be starting, when he came on last weekend we looked a lot more fluid and attacked with purpose.

4-4-2 With Shola ffs.

Anita and HBA left out.

Pardew really?

Thoughts Brett?

Shola f***ing Ameobi is starting instead of Hatem Ben Arfa, there's no excuse for that man.

I've said it many times, i'd have Ben Arfa playing every single minute of every single match but he's clearly a frustrating player for a football manager. We've generally played well when he hasn't been playing though.

Guest bimpy474

Surely AVB will know Pardew will try this again, seeing as Pardew is a tad predictable :lol:, should be interesting in how Tottenham approach this.

We won because we brought Anita and Cisse (much lesser extent) on. I guess that's it this week too  :undecided:

:lol: If you can place bets on when subs are made, go take a look at that Chelsea game and open your wallet.

We won because we brought Anita and Cisse (much lesser extent) on. I guess that's it this week too  :undecided:

:lol: If you can place bets on when subs are made, go take a look at that Chelsea game and open your wallet.

:lol: I'm especially looking forward to Obertan reprising his "pacy outlet" role to see us home for the win.

Classic Pardew, he clings to what works for any period of time until it doesn't work, then abandons it completely for something totally different.

Shola ffs.

That's definitely his trademark these days - if this doesn't work again he won't just tweak it for the next game, it'll be the whole blueprint in the bin and start again.

4-4-2 With Shola ffs.

Anita and HBA left out.

Pardew really?

Thoughts Brett?

We played for a draw against city and got beat in extra time, doesn't strike me as good gameplan.

Shola serves no purpose apart from defending corners, To be fair I would have left out Colo for this and Mike and Mbiwa have looked decent.

In regards to Cisse the man isn't good enough for me but Anita should be starting, when he came on last weekend we looked a lot more fluid and attacked with purpose.

Couldn't disagree more about Cisse simply not being good enough. But that's for another day, the side has been picked, it's a decent side on the back of a win agaisnt Chelsea and there's no reason to why we can't expect another decent showing today. I don't think we will win, not getting carried away off last weeks result but we have a fair chance of taking a draw off these. They are a very good side but have struggled themselves in recent weeks even if they have popped up with late winners.

Aye not to sure its reward for winning more he clinging to the hope it will work again, I just hope he has the arse to change it sooner rather than later if it isn't working.

May as well have written his tactics out on AVB's whiteboard, or maybe he has been a bit braver and instructed them to keep it tight for 55 mins not 60 just to add a little surprise.