Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantastic first half. Ill still never agree with Shola ahead of HBA no matter what anyone says. Top ten nailed on. Job done as far as the club on concerned.

Cashley will be happy but imho he will tell us to back off if we get anywhere near a Europa place sadly

Fantastic first half. Ill still never agree with Shola ahead of HBA no matter what anyone says. Top ten nailed on. Job done as far as the club on concerned.

Cashley will be happy but imho he will tell us to back off if we get anywhere near a Europa place sadly

I dont think thats much of a concern. We will probably finish where we are. Pats on the back all round.

noone else seen this?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10576664/West-Ham-United-1-Newcastle-United-3-match-report.html

Be fair to Newcastle: they were very good indeed, with Yohan Cabaye exceptional. His eye for a pass was unrivalled, his movement off the ball clever, and he also scored two marvellous goals. Cabaye was a smartphone in a world of walkie-talkies.

“He was a class act all day,” Pardew said. “He’s added goals to his game. He has been a big player for us, and it helped us get a nice rhythm.” Can Newcastle continue to resist his sale? “Like all Premier League clubs, everybody’s for sale at some price,” Pardew said. “But we’ll try and keep it together.”

Just fucking shut it ffs  :rant:

Regardless of points and victories and all, if we continue to try and shut up shop like we did in the second half, it will come back to bite us.

For that, he gets no praise. It's cowardice and West Ham were there for the taking. There shouldn't have been a game with 10 minutes to go.

Regardless of points and victories and all, if we continue to try and shut up shop like we did in the second half, it will come back to bite us.

For that, he gets no praise. It's cowardice and West Ham were there for the taking. There shouldn't have been a game with 10 minutes to go.

It wasn't a great second half, but we did go for the throat in the first half to be fair. It's not like we went one up and sat back. Even at two nil we could have had a couple more. Only thing that pissed me off was seeing shola come on ahead of hba.

It wasn't a great second half, but we did go for the throat in the first half to be fair. It's not like we went one up and sat back. Even at two nil we could have had a couple more. Only thing that p*ssed me off was seeing shola come on ahead of hba.

Which is why we should have kicked on and tried to get a third early in the second half - we showed in the first half that they were there for the taking. But no, we put on another Pardew second halfer and were a couple of sitters away from throwing the game - thank god they're shit.

Guest neesy111

He wanted someone to counter Carroll at set pieces. Sad as that is.

Yeap, from his BBC interview it seemed to be for this.

It wasn't a great second half, but we did go for the throat in the first half to be fair. It's not like we went one up and sat back. Even at two nil we could have had a couple more. Only thing that p*ssed me off was seeing shola come on ahead of hba.

Which is why we should have kicked on and tried to get a third early in the second half - we showed in the first half that they were there for the taking. But no, we put on another Pardew second halfer and were a couple of sitters away from throwing the game - thank god they're s***.

I'd say the goal before half time changed things a lot. We certainly should have pushed more but they were always going to come out with their tails up. It was a good result and a good afternoon.

I'm not sure what he's expecting from Shola. His contribution is minimal, I'd sooner have Cisse on as much use as he is right now.

Agree. Shola is a 32 year old striker who was only hit double figures in maybe 1 or 2 seasons? Fucking dreadful.

Agree. Shola is a 32 year old striker who was only hit double figures in maybe 1 or 2 seasons? f***ing dreadful.

I'm sure he's only done it once in the league and that was in the Championship.  :lol:

Agree. Shola is a 32 year old striker who was only hit double figures in maybe 1 or 2 seasons? f***ing dreadful.

I'm sure he's only done it once in the league and that was in the Championship.  :lol:

And didn't he get that in the first few weeks of the championship season? Then got hurt of course...