Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Can see Carver's 100% win record as manager taking a dip if he's in charge.

I dont believe you

It's difficult to imagine, but the football under Carver and Stone would be even more grim. It would defy belief.

I doubt it would make much difference tbh. The only tactics we seem to employ are to keep plenty of people behind the ball. What would be the worst that could happen if Carver and Stone weren't able to replicate that? We might concede a few more and we might score a few more.

I'm going off Stone saying he didn't know how we lost because we ran more and kicked the ball longer.

Suarez biting and Pardew headbutting are not expressions of wider issues like Terry/Suarez/Anelka's racist antics. The FA and media are using very strange angles to tackle these questions. The witch-hunt seems more important than the core issue. Biting and head-butting does not represent wider issues, issues that are spreading on political and societal levels at this moment in time. Racism etc. are.

Suspending Suarez for ten games after biting Ivanovic and doing something similar to Pardew - fine with me. But there seems to be a very transparent lack of direction and understanding of the different contexts'. In my opinion, they're sending an unclear message to the Premier League audience if biting and head-butting is regarded as more offensive than racist and anti-semitic actions. Head-butting, biting and other types of violence will always occur as the sport is full of adrenalin and pressure. There's no excuse for neither of those actions, but the reprecussions will not bare any significant impact on generations to come. People will head-butt again. However, racism in all shapes and forms, whether it's islamophobia, anti-semitism or homophobia, can gain access to football and really get a foothold if it's not treated correctly. The Premier League must not become a platform for those ideas, and there is a risk on evidence of what's going on in Southern and Eastern Europe.

Suarez biting and Pardew headbutting are not expressions of wider issues like Terry/Suarez/Anelka's racist antics. The FA and media are using very strange angles to tackle these questions. The witch-hunt seems more important than the core issue. Biting and head-butting does not represent wider issues, issues that are spreading on political and societal levels at this moment in time. Racism etc. are.

Suspending Suarez for ten games after biting Ivanovic and doing something similar to Pardew - fine with me. But there seems to be a very transparent lack of direction and understanding of the different contexts'. In my opinion, they're sending an unclear message to the Premier League audience if biting and head-butting is regarded as more offensive than racist and anti-semitic actions. Head-butting, biting and other types of violence will always occur as the sport is full of adrenalin and pressure. There's no excuse for neither of those actions, but the reprecussions will not bare any significant impact on generations to come. People will head-butt again. However, racism in all shapes and forms, whether it's islamophobia, anti-semitism or homophobia, can gain access to football and really get a foothold if it's not treated correctly. The Premier League must not become a platform for those ideas, and there is a risk on evidence of what's going on in Southern and Eastern Europe.

Superb post that, bang on  :clap:

Whatever anyone says, a manager "head butting" a player is far worse than two players getting aggressive. The manager is the focal point of the club, and has ZERO reason to be involved in a situation like this. Players get caught up in the heat of the battle so they get a little more leeway when it comes to what constitutes aggressive behaviour.

Basically, in any other professional job, acting like that would see you sacked, so I don't see why it should be any different for a football manager. Players rightfully get slightly more leeway as there's every chance of getting into a heated battle with someone. There's is no reason for a manager too.

While i agree its worse, players should still not get any leeway what so ever. Its still gross misconduct and an absolute joke to pass it off of just " heat of the battle".

If players do the same thing they should also be punished severely, especially when like with Shelvey he's not even provoked but goes an headbutts his opponent anyway.... much less not to get any punishment at all.

It's all getting a bit silly really. I voted yes in this poll when it was made because I'd like to see him sacked, but really it's a bit of a nothing incident that deserves a punishment slightly worse than what a player would get, although i'm not sure what that means seeing as the FA took no action against Shelvey. The guy just lost his temper briefly after being pushed, and he didn't chin anyone.

Guest neesy111

Joey Barton:  Seen Pardew incident. As per usual. Massively over-hyped. Don't let a couple of stupid incidents detract from the job he has done at Newcastle. Especially with what goes on behind the scenes there

Massive :giggs:

Also, who takes notice of what that twat says ffs.

Joey Barton:  Seen Pardew incident. As per usual. Massively over-hyped. Don't let a couple of stupid incidents detract from the job he has done at Newcastle. Especially with what goes on behind the scenes there

:giggs:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Maybe they'll dock us points  for failing to control our manager, who is supposed to be in charge of controlling his staff and players.

http://s22.postimg.org/pbg2adcm7/funnyblackmob.gif

Well at least someone in the spotlight can see it for what it is, unlike most pundits on TV.

Well at least someone in the spotlight can see it for what it is, unlike most pundits on TV.

The most interesting bit of that for me is "especially with what goes on behind the scenes there".

Guest neesy111

A championship footballer.  :lol:

The most interesting bit of that for me is "especially with what goes on behind the scenes there".

He didn't get the contract he wanted here so of course he's not going to like what goes on behind the scenes.