Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of the most depressing things is the thought that to Mike Ashley this has been a successful season. So every season can be like this one and he'll never get the sack.

Just think about that for a moment

:(

Guest chopey

Pardew staying just confirms that Newcastle no longer compete in competitive sport, we just make up the numbers 

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/475134/EXCLUSIVE-Mike-Ashley-set-to-back-Alan-Pardew-as-he-hands-Toon-staff-10-per-cent-bonus

EXCLUSIVE: Mike Ashley set to back Alan Pardew as he hands Toon staff 10 per cent bonus

NEWCASTLE UNITED'S controversial owner Mike Ashley has handed every member of the Toon staff a 10 per cent bonus for the club finishing in the top ten.

By: John Richardson

Published: Sun, May 11, 2014

And in a move which will infuriate many St. James' Park fans and impact on season ticket sales, Ashley is sticking by manager Alan Pardew.

Even though he was close to sacking Pardew earlier in the season after a dismal run of home defeats Ashley believes that his manager has delivered the minimum requirement set out last summer - a top ten finish.

Despite there being a concerted campaign amongst rank and file members of the Toon army to have Pardew removed Ashley will once again defy their wishes and back his under fire boss.

Having decided to share some of the Premier League cash windfall for finishing either ninth or 10th amongst the staff which includes Pardew, the players and everyone else employed by the club, Ashley felt it would be wrong to get rid of the man who has made the generous payments possible.

So Pardew leads his side out at Liverpool today with his immediate future secure and with the promise of substantial transfer funds to regenerate a squad which has lost 13 of their previous 18 Premier League games, including the last six.

But he will be under pressure to deliver improved results from the moment the new season kicks off on August 16th.

The fear for Ashley is that many fans dismayed by the decision to stick with Pardew, who in their eyes has become a boardroom puppet, will refuse to renew their season tickets.

But as he has proved since taking over the club in 2007 Ashley is always prepared to tough it out and won't listen to public opinion.

He has been the subject of protests and cruel chants from frustrated fans but insists on running the Tyneside club his way.

Ashley is now preparing himself for another deluge of criticism after deciding to stick with Pardew.

"The fear for Ashley is that many fans dismayed by the decision to stick with Pardew, who in their eyes has become a boardroom puppet, will refuse to renew their season tickets."

Most season ticket holders will be on the 9 or 10 year scheme. They had to cancel their season ticket by the end of January. Even if they didn't and decided to cancel it later, direct debit payments for next season's ticket started in February. That being the case, NUFC will know how many season ticket holders have already cancelled.

It would be very interesting to know how many people have cancelled their season ticket. Jeff Stelling said 16,000 a few weeks ago. That seems a very high figure. The family section of St James' Park gets bigger each season.

How do you know how many are on the 9-10 year scheme?

I don't but I'd be surprised if it wasn't the majority. The 9-10 year scheme spreads the cost of the ticket over the year rather than one big lump. It also fixed the price. The 9-10 year scheme was the obvious choice to take for someone who intended to keep getting a season ticket.

Having decided to share some of the Premier League cash windfall for finishing either ninth or 10th amongst the staff which includes Pardew, the players and everyone else employed by the club, Ashley felt it would be wrong to get rid of the man who has made the generous payments possible.

Stopped reading there.

http://i.imgur.com/0koea2p.gif

Guest reefatoon

Fuck this club and all the cunts involved in it.  Football is wank and I am done after today if this bastard hangs around.  They haven't just managed to make me bored of a sport I have loved since I was a bairn, they have actually managed to make me not enjoy football altogether.  We are a dead club.

nah. aren't these banned papers? may be Ashley is playing games by passing on false info that pards is staying, only to make fools of them by sacking the c***. we can only hope.

Guest diddimz

I was hoping the club would come out today to say this is his last day im charge so make sure we farewell him properly.

If this is true, there's our summer ruined.  They just think a bit of pr spin in the week with Pardew looking remorseful, accepting some of the blame and sucking up to us with the promise of substantial funds to spend will have us saying righto we'll back off and wipe the slate clean ready for next season. Do they honestly think we are that stupid and gullible? I know we weren't born in Southampton so are clearly cerebrally challenged in the Padew way of thinking, but this crap should just make us intensify efforts to get shot of the useless smarmy creep. Bet they will start a cahrm offensive with the banned media to get them back on board and drop some of the negative reporting stuff. Hope the fans give him hell today so he dare not show his cowardly face to the public and hides in the dug out. Can't wait to see the banners and hear the chanting.  :dave:

Stopped reading there.

Expect nowt different from the Express.

This bit gets me:

Q: So you're obviously hoping that the rebuilding job is yours, what's in the back of your mind, what's the sort of philosophy, the blueprint, that you'd like for the team when you rebuild it?

A: You're using words that are not particularly in my mind, I think that the most important thing is that have a responsibility at Newcastle to play the game on the floor, play with passion and speed and play with an integrity. Those principles I stand by, and next year I expect to deliver on those.

So he doesn't have in his head any kind of football philosophy or blueprint for how he wants his team set out or how he wants them to play. It's just fast football init, keep it dahn and knock it abaht or sumfink?!

Admitting his ineptitude there, just fuck off Alan.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm right to hate Pardew as much as I do, then he comes out with stuff like that. Utter bullshit and a total admittance of cluelessness.

Guest bimpy474

He's like a kids teams manager, a team who has one outstanding player who wins games on their own. That kids ill or missing he hasn't got a clue, instead of building a team within a system so they can cope with the loss of a better player. It's lets give to little jimmy and let him do it all, no Jimmy, Fucked.

That wouldn't be so bad if we weren't so fucking boring with it, that and the fact we can't defend. He really is just fucking hopeless.

He's like a kids teams manager, a team who has one outstanding player who wins games on their own. That kids ill or missing he hasn't got a clue, instead of building a team within a system so they can cope with the loss of a better player. It's lets give to little jimmy and let him do it all, no Jimmy, f***ed.

That wouldn't be so bad if we weren't so f***ing boring with it, that and the fact we can't defend. He really is just f***ing hopeless.

Wouldn't be so bad if we were a hopeless nothing club from a lower league too. But he owes his wedge to the likes of Nolan, Carroll (and the transfer bonus), Ba, Cabaye, Cisse, HBA, and Remy for bailing him out time and time again, the slimy fraudulent cunt. 

I still believe that if he is still manager going into the new season that he will be sacked by Christmas.

If Ashley is stupid enough not to see the downward trend that we are on then it will be his fault if we end up in a relegation scrap (just like his poor decision-making led to the last one).

No doubt though he will blame someone else.

My hope (unlikely though it might be) would be, if Pardew ends up staying, is that Ashley is planning to sell and doesn't want the hassle of replacing a manager at this point.

Guest bimpy474

He's like a kids teams manager, a team who has one outstanding player who wins games on their own. That kids ill or missing he hasn't got a clue, instead of building a team within a system so they can cope with the loss of a better player. It's lets give to little jimmy and let him do it all, no Jimmy, f***ed.

That wouldn't be so bad if we weren't so f***ing boring with it, that and the fact we can't defend. He really is just f***ing hopeless.

Wouldn't be so bad if we were a hopeless nothing club from a lower league too. But he owes his wedge to the likes of Nolan, Carroll (and the transfer bonus), Ba, Cabaye, Cisse, HBA, and Remy for bailing him out time and time again, the slimy fraudulent cunt. 

Aye he's been fucking lucky to a point, like all frauds though he's been found out, especially by us. It's getting on to the terraces, and if the results carry on everyone else will eventually see it. He'll end up going but it's just how long it takes.