Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The most important thing is that you have a responsibility at Newcastle to play the game on the floor, play with passion and speed and play with an integrity.

Those principles, I stand by and next year, I expect to deliver on those."

Starts off very well, then f***s it up with his next breath. what a t***.

Why not try to play that way now though? What's stopping you from trying to instill those habits right now? I mean we've been comfortably entrenched in a non relegation position for ages now, so what are you afraid of? Besides, we're getting hammered playing it long anyway right? So it's not as if that alternative makes us more likely to pick up a result.

I don't understand how this guy's brain works. Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I've said for long enough you can't load your squad with frenchies thn ask them to play 442 clogball. A French manager was always a logical move.

Never had to be French, just a manager who played a more continental style.

Guest firetotheworks

Saying things like that do nothing but make me feel that it's all deliberate. He's definitely not ignorant, just egotistical and comprehensively shit.

"The most important thing is that you have a responsibility at Newcastle to play the game on the floor, play with passion and speed and play with an integrity.

Those principles, I stand by and next year, I expect to deliver on those."

Starts off very well, then f***s it up with his next breath. what a t***.

Why not try to play that way now though? What's stopping you from trying to instill those habits right now? I mean we've been comfortably entrenched in a non relegation position for ages now, so what are you afraid of? Besides, we're getting hammered playing it long anyway right? So it's not as if that alternative makes us more likely to pick up a result.

I don't understand how this guy's brain works. Just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Agreed, this is what baffles me the most. He's untouchable yet continues with the most cowardly football known to man.

Wullie nailed it in his article imo, Pardew probably is capable of more but raising expectations will just create more pressure on him.

It's not that plausible to me, deliberately failing so he won't be expected to do anything in future? Would be truly bizarre that. Was he gutted when we finished fifth and he was manager of the year?

I think more likely he's just not very good, especially when under pressure and especially with players he doesn't really understand.

Guest firetotheworks

I didn't mean deliberately failing like, I meant deliberately not attacking. It's probably easier if I just say that I meant what The Flasher said.

"The second half of the season, we weren't. I wasn't good enough and the results weren't good enough for this club, and we need to face that to find the solution.

"I will be as honest and frank as I can be as the manager on what I think we could do to improve that, and I am sure there will be opinions from Mike about what I should do better as well, and that's how it should be.

"Hopefully we get the right solution for us to have a season like we had two years ago when we were competing at the top of the Premier League."

Asked if he expected to still be at the helm at the start of next season, Pardew replied: "I hope so."

starting to come out with this shit too late. looks like he really is starting to fear for his job.

He isn't deliberately failing. He's playing it safe and failing as a consequence.

He's a limited manager who knows one way of playing football. I don't think it's playing safe he genuinely doesn't know how to coach passing football. Why would he? Look at the teams he's managed previously and he's pretty much replicated the same thing here, except he's doing it with Cabayes and Ben Arfas instead of Mullins and Harewood.

When you read things like that it makes his job safety seem far from certain, this is why the pressure and protesting is so important, any little thing that could tip the fat man in the right direction could do the job, getting an absolute pasting from Liverpool is crucial.

Guest Roger Kint

"The second half of the season, we weren't. I wasn't good enough and the results weren't good enough for this club, and we need to face that to find the solution.

"I will be as honest and frank as I can be as the manager on what I think we could do to improve that, and I am sure there will be opinions from Mike about what I should do better as well, and that's how it should be.

"Hopefully we get the right solution for us to have a season like we had two years ago when we were competing at the top of the Premier League."

Asked if he expected to still be at the helm at the start of next season, Pardew replied: "I hope so."

starting to come out with this shit too late. looks like he really is starting to fear for his job.

Pretty sure thats exactly what he said this time last season when we guaranteed our safety. The gutless prick cant grasp why the last two years have been different to when he played a formation that suited our attacking players as opposed to forcing them into a rigid heap of shit

Wullie nailed it in his article imo, Pardew probably is capable of more but raising expectations will just create more pressure on him.

It's not that plausible to me, deliberately failing so he won't be expected to do anything in future? Would be truly bizarre that. Was he gutted when we finished fifth and he was manager of the year?

I think more likely he's just not very good, especially when under pressure and especially with players he doesn't really understand.

He basically admitted regretting that high a finish the next season when he was moaning about European football. We started the season well enough to compete for a European place but dropped away massively when we were almost certainly safe.

We also played it a lot more on the ground at the start (and started Ben Arfa) but as the season wore on we got more and more negative, were losing lots of games and shipping in the goals.

starting to come out with this s*** too late. looks like he really is starting to fear for his job.

Same shit different season, he's had way too many chances to "find a solution.". The only solution left is the one that includes a new manager. Just his usual soundbites in preparation for his grilling/excuses end of season session.

“The first time I met Alan Pardew I asked him ‘How do you want to play? What is the style?’,” Cabaye told the Sunday Sun.

“He said ‘With you, it will change’. I told him I want to have the ball at my feet, I want to pass the ball, pass again.

“It reassured me a lot to hear that the first time I met him. It was my first move since Lille and not to another French club so it was more difficult.

“I was pleased and relieved for him to say that. My mind was calmer because of that. I was reassured and I felt good.”

"It will be about a performance that makes our fans at least believe we have some good players and just need a couple more to boost it on. I have to be careful how many numbers I use, but I know we need new players."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/475026/Alan-Pardew-We-will-give-our-all-against-Liverpool?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29

well there you go. f***ing backtracking already. Ashley had a quiet word?

"It will be about a performance that makes our fans at least believe we have some good players and just need a couple more to boost it on. I have to be careful how many numbers I use, but I know we need new players."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/475026/Alan-Pardew-We-will-give-our-all-against-Liverpool?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+daily-express-sport-news+%28Daily+Express+%3A%3A+Sport+Feed%29

well there you go. f***ing backtracking already. Ashley had a quiet word?

I f***ing hate this c*** man. We know we have good players you self loving smarmy f***ing prick...its you that's s***! F***ing s***! die.