Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

wonder where ashley would have heard of this fucker from if the rumour turns out true, maybe carr?

Let's be honest, Ashley still probably hasn't heard of him. This is almost certainly just newspaper bollocks based on his agent touting him to premier league clubs.

pretty much this

The only honest thing he could do is offer his resignation as he's obviously not capable of taking the club forward in any capacity.

He will however say that we need more "fret" and therefore have to go for English players in the summer.

Ashley seems to rely heavily on Carr though, the entire model would falter if we didn't have him. Maybe he'll listen to Carr in terms of the manager as well.

I still think this is another PR move from the club. Pardew acting as if he's not sure whether Mike will keep him on or not, and the club playing all secret about some monumental "end of season meeting".

He's safe as f*** and knows it. He just has to appear as if he's not sure to give any credibility to his own sackability, i.e. his actual reasons for being in the role.

He wasn't the best man for the job in the first place, there's no need for him to be that now.

Wouldn't be nice if he declared his leaving in the post-match interview.  Deep down I know there will be a statement on Monday backing Pardew but I am going to try to live in hope and blind optimism until then.

why would he resign? Worst case scenario for him is he gets sacked by some miracle post this season or the far more likely some time next season (if at all) and get his payoff and tbh his reputation isn't terribly hurt by it as the vast majority of pundits put it down more to Ashley reasons while he can point to two top half finishes and a european quarter final on a net profit transfer wise which should be able to get him a prem job somewhere or at very worst top half championship.

Is this actually happening? L'Equipe don't often report s**** do they?

They do, and also this is us. Nothing good ever comes true.

I don't know anything about the man, but he's not Pardew. I'll try not to hope.

So he's just pressed the "Declare interest in job" button from FM?

Oh, y'all got FM stateside nowadays?!

:lol: Yeah man.

Reading the FM 2014 thread in the games section has me convinced there actually are worse managers than Pardew around.

Sound dude. I remember when you guys used to take soccer penalties like they do in hockey, with that run up. Trying to be inventive with it. So don't take these things for granted.

Reading the FM 2014 thread in the games section has me convinced there actually are worse managers than Pardew around.

:lol:

Will have to check that out some time. Don't think I've ever been I the games section.

Sound dude. I remember when you guys used to take soccer penalties like they do in hockey, with that run up. Trying to be inventive with it. So don't take these things for granted.

:lol: Really? Shola to the world cup and you're acting like this? Melo vs Nigeria and this is what you type?

Caulkin piece free for another 45 mins.

http://blogs.thetimes.co.uk/section/the-game/108818/newcastle-and-sunderland-survived-but-their-existence-remains-unsustainable/?shareToken=ae6f3e81b9f43a1230f472061d79ca0f

This is very true:

It is difficult to feel sympathy for a man who understood the restrictions he was signing up for, who declared “this win is for Mike,” when Newcastle beat Chelsea 2-0 in November, but if Pardew is part of the malaise, it also stretches far deeper. David Moyes and St Etienne’s Christophe Galtier, both of whom have been linked with the role, may be able to get more from players, but how would either have worked with Kinnear, with an owner who has an indefatigable capacity to undermine?

Imminent negotiations will not just determine who the managers are, it will determine what kind of clubs Sunderland and Newcastle are and can become. Will Short be obliged to start again for the umpteenth time or will a spirit of compromise emerge from a remarkable recovery? Does Pardew’s box-ticking guarantee his survival or is the breakage too extensive? A ridiculous, contradictory season may be ending, but its story is not. Not by a long shot.

How is this thread title still not updated? Nobody is saying we have approached him, are they?

Well, people are, if you think it's a valid summation of the L'Eupie article or not is another matter

Newcastle United approach St Etienne manager Christophe Galtier, according to reports in France

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2624234/Newcastle-United-approach-St-Etienne-manager-Christophe-Galtier-according-reports-France.html#ixzz31EDKswFJ

Report: Newcastle United approach Saint-Etienne's Christophe Galtier

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/newcastle-united/sack-race/news/report-newcastle-approach-galtier_154179.html

Newcastle have approached St Etienne manager Christophe Galtier about taking over from Alan Pardew, according to L'Equipe.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/306335.html#LQDzAgoAw9SQX0BV.99