Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As a Newcastle manager I would give him a 6 out of 10.

Other than KK and Robson, all other managers are sub 5.

I've supported him, but I think he has lost it.

Key to success is getting rid before the downturn has gone too far. The downturn has started, and I wouldn't want Pardew to be starting the new season as our manager any more.

Don't hate him, but his time is up.

Key to success is getting rid before the downturn has gone too far. The downturn has started, and I wouldn't want Pardew to be starting the new season as our manager any more.

I just dont see what he is building or developing, we just muddle along and hope to win games. I dont quite know what our style is, how young players are being developed etc. It just seems like he hopes it fixes itself eventually as we are not evolving as a team, we are going backwards.

I also hate it when he opens his mouth because he comes across like a right prick

I just dont see what he is building or developing, we just muddle along and hope to win games. I dont quite know what our style is, how young players are being developed etc. It just seems like he hopes it fixes itself eventually as we are not evolving as a team, we are going backwards.

I also hate it when he opens his mouth because he comes across like a right prick

tbh he's probably been told not to build or develop - keep us midtable and make us a transfer profit and you'll stay in a job.

This your twitter account Brett?

Save Our Pardew ‏@saveourpardew  30m

When our team is at its lowest, is when we need to be at our best. Back the toon, back the boss. #nufc pic.twitter.com/SmJw6j6xus

Hide photo  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

Embedded image permalink

:troll:

I've retired from this thread but i can clarify that this account has nothing to do with me....

However now that you've mentioned it, i think i best get following  :lol:

Guest neesy111

This your twitter account Brett?

Save Our Pardew ‏@saveourpardew  30m

When our team is at its lowest, is when we need to be at our best. Back the toon, back the boss. #nufc pic.twitter.com/SmJw6j6xus

Hide photo  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

Embedded image permalink

:troll:

I've retired from this thread but i can clarify that this account has nothing to do with me....

However now that you've mentioned it, i think i best get following  :lol:

So why did you reply then?  Retired my arse.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9178910/premier-league-alan-pardew-admits-newcastle-stars-playing-for-future

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted some of his squad are playing for their futures with the club over the remaining 12 games of this season.

After a promising first half of the campaign, Newcastle have stalled in recent weeks with three successive defeats causing them to lose to touch with the top six.

The downturn in form has coincided with the sale of Yohan Cabaye to Paris St Germain during the transfer window last month and Pardew has claimed he will be looking to bring in four players in the summer.

And the Magpies boss says there are question marks hanging over members of his current squad, including the likes of Hatem Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan and January loan signing Luuk de Jong.

Asked if some were playing for their future, Pardew replied: "Yes, I think some are.

"Others not so, but I am still looking for a level of performance and consistency that will maybe get them into a World Cup squad and make sure they are a regular next season at this football club."

Pardew's pressing concern, though, is to arrest the slump in form that has seen United pick up just one point from the last four games and concede 10 goals without reply in the last three.

In their last match, Newcastle were hammered 4-0 at St James' Park by in-form Tottenham and Pardew has made it clear to his players the manner of the loss was unacceptable.

"I can accept defeat, I have no problem with that, but there are ways and means to get a defeat.

"That wasn't the way or the means to get a defeat at this football club and I won't accept it.

"I just thought it was important to remind players of the responsibility they have, no matter how comfortable we are in the league, that there's a certain standard at this football club that we expect, and we didn't reach that standard by any stretch of the imagination.

"I made it plainly clear that I won't stand for it. That will be reflected in the selection of the team, and hopefully in the result."

They host Aston Villa on Sunday and Pardew is keen to claim a win that would take them to 40 points.

"I would like to really get that out of the way on Sunday and hopefully we can," said Pardew. "I wouldn't say we are very comfortable, but we are comfortable."

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to the team easing off after we reach 40 points. :lol:

He's the worst I've ever seen at NUFC, by some distance.

Roeder was a lot better than this guy, and you could argue he was working with a considerably weaker (or limited) squad. He did fantastic to take us to the FA Cup 1/4's and finish 7th in his interim season, but then struggled the next season as we finished 14th (I think) after the bank had dried up for Freddie. In that season we drew with Arsenal away, beat Liverpool at home, and got that remarkable draw at home to Man Utd with a team full of bairns. We also reached the UEFA Cup 1/4's, and tried to play decent football whenever possible. We had some horrendous matches too, I won't glorify the man; Charlton, Sheff Utd, Blackburn at home being particularly poignant.

But he did beat the mackems......4-1.

Then the likes of Hughton; installed a fantastic attitude, humility, and spirit into the club. He got us promoted, forged a very effective system for the players at his disposal and was successful with it. We beat the mackems 5-1 under him (then Arsenal away a week later). The final straw for him was that game at WBA, which was horrendous, but Pardew has overseen worse- see last 3 derbies....

Night on wasn't afraid, he wasn't a spineless coward who lived to serve his master, he cared about the club and it's supporters. He did far, far more for this club than AP has, and is a good man.

Christ, even Souness got us to an FA Cup Semi-final- taking it to Spurs and Chelsea along the way- and a UEFA cup 1/4. He was awful. But he even beat the mackems 3-2.

All of the above had their faults, some more glaring than others. Most weren't a lot better than average, but the point of my fairly aimless rant is to highlight just what an awful person Pardew is, and just how insulting he is to us as fans, and our clubs history and traditions. I truly hate the man. He has drained any form of excitement from this clubs life and along with Ashley has us where he wants us; in that straight jacket of mediocrity. We don't play our best players, we don't want to win anything, we play a dire brand of football, we're being lectured that losing to our bitterest lessors is acceptable and will become the norm. We have the f***ing p*ss ripped out of us by Pardew and Ashley and they don't give a f*** as long as they make the last buck out of us.

I won't ever go back to SJP as long as both Ashley and Pardew are there.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9178910/premier-league-alan-pardew-admits-newcastle-stars-playing-for-future

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted some of his squad are playing for their futures with the club over the remaining 12 games of this season.

After a promising first half of the campaign, Newcastle have stalled in recent weeks with three successive defeats causing them to lose to touch with the top six.

The downturn in form has coincided with the sale of Yohan Cabaye to Paris St Germain during the transfer window last month and Pardew has claimed he will be looking to bring in four players in the summer.

And the Magpies boss says there are question marks hanging over members of his current squad, including the likes of Hatem Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux, Gabriel Obertan and January loan signing Luuk de Jong.

Asked if some were playing for their future, Pardew replied: "Yes, I think some are.

"Others not so, but I am still looking for a level of performance and consistency that will maybe get them into a World Cup squad and make sure they are a regular next season at this football club."

Pardew's pressing concern, though, is to arrest the slump in form that has seen United pick up just one point from the last four games and concede 10 goals without reply in the last three.

In their last match, Newcastle were hammered 4-0 at St James' Park by in-form Tottenham and Pardew has made it clear to his players the manner of the loss was unacceptable.

"I can accept defeat, I have no problem with that, but there are ways and means to get a defeat.

"That wasn't the way or the means to get a defeat at this football club and I won't accept it.

"I just thought it was important to remind players of the responsibility they have, no matter how comfortable we are in the league, that there's a certain standard at this football club that we expect, and we didn't reach that standard by any stretch of the imagination.

"I made it plainly clear that I won't stand for it. That will be reflected in the selection of the team, and hopefully in the result."

They host Aston Villa on Sunday and Pardew is keen to claim a win that would take them to 40 points.

"I would like to really get that out of the way on Sunday and hopefully we can," said Pardew. "I wouldn't say we are very comfortable, but we are comfortable."

I'm sorry but what?

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to the team easing off after we reach 40 points. :lol:

What a load of bollocks, the hammerings started after the loss of Cabaye whose last 2 games for us were defeats.  The press are protecting him as usual.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's the worst I've ever seen at NUFC, by some distance.

Roeder was a lot better than this guy, and you could argue he was working with a considerably weaker (or limited) squad. He did fantastic to take us to the FA Cup 1/4's and finish 7th in his interim season, but then struggled the next season as we finished 14th (I think) after the bank had dried up for Freddie. In that season we drew with Arsenal away, beat Liverpool at home, and got that remarkable draw at home to Man Utd with a team full of bairns. We also reached the UEFA Cup 1/4's, and tried to play decent football whenever possible. We had some horrendous matches too, I won't glorify the man; Charlton, Sheff Utd, Blackburn at home being particularly poignant.

But he did beat the mackems......4-1.

Then the likes of Hughton; installed a fantastic attitude, humility, and spirit into the club. He got us promoted, forged a very effective system for the players at his disposal and was successful with it. We beat the mackems 5-1 under him (then Arsenal away a week later). The final straw for him was that game at WBA, which was horrendous, but Pardew has overseen worse- see last 3 derbies....

Night on wasn't afraid, he wasn't a spineless coward who lived to serve his master, he cared about the club and it's supporters. He did far, far more for this club than AP has, and is a good man.

Christ, even Souness got us to an FA Cup Semi-final- taking it to Spurs and Chelsea along the way- and a UEFA cup 1/4. He was awful. But he even beat the mackems 3-2.

All of the above had their faults, some more glaring than others. Most weren't a lot better than average, but the point of my fairly aimless rant is to highlight just what an awful person Pardew is, and just how insulting he is to us as fans, and our clubs history and traditions. I truly hate the man. He has drained any form of excitement from this clubs life and along with Ashley has us where he wants us; in that straight jacket of mediocrity. We don't play our best players, we don't want to win anything, we play a dire brand of football, we're being lectured that losing to our bitterest lessors is acceptable and will become the norm. We have the f***ing p*ss ripped out of us by Pardew and Ashley and they don't give a f*** as long as they make the last buck out of us.

I won't ever go back to SJP as long as both Ashley and Pardew are there.

Agreed. He is our worst manager outside of Kinnear in the time I've supported us.

Losing at home to the mackems 3-0 in succession and our failings in the cup against considerably weaker or lesser sides is enough to damn him against Souness, Roeder and Allardyce easily.

Been checking the stats on wiki and based on win percentages he is now statistically shitter than some of the other shockers we've had:

Roeder - 45.83%

Souness - 43.37%

Dalglish - 38.46%

Pardew - 38.00%

Quite surprised by that to be honest, didn't realise it was that poor.

If you start at the end of the 5th place finish season his win % drops to 32.9%, which is even worse than Gullit...