Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shola has played less than Anita or Ben Arfa this year.

Is that the best you can come up with?  The manager complained that we had tired players and dropped a player who has hardly played while others who have played virtually every game played again and you think Shola is an alternative?  You're trolling now.  :lol:

Yeah, it should have had a safety wink after it.

This guy has no conviction and ultimately it's his most depressing trait.

Even when his supposed favoured 4-4-2 was going well, he started messing about with that as well.

As a manager we still don't know what he wants from his team, when he sets them out to play.

Even Tim Sherwood, who is fresh on the scene from coaching the Tottenham Academy, has laid out his philosophy, do or die. 4-4-2, width, on the front foot. It's clear to see what his approach is. It's all very gung ho, and I'm not sold on the guy at all, but at least he knows what he wants, and is just going for it.

How would you describe the current Newcastle team's play? I'm honestly not capable of describing it at all. The best I can do is describe it as being hopeful. There is no clear approach or purpose.

It's very disappointing.

Even when his supposed favoured 4-4-2 was going well, he started messing about with that as well.

As a manager we still don't know what he wants from his team, when he sets them out to play.

Even Tim Sherwood, who is fresh on the scene from coaching the Tottenham Academy, has laid out his philosophy, do or die. 4-4-2, width, on the front foot. It's clear to see what his approach is. It's all very gung ho, and I'm not sold on the guy at all, but at least he knows what he wants, and is just going for it.

How would you describe the current Newcastle team's play? I'm honestly not capable of describing it at all. The best I can do is describe it as being hopeful. There is no clear approach or purpose.

It's very disappointing.

Pardew has always had this criticism laid at his door,  something he has never managed to address in his entire managerial career, other than spouting off his salesman bullshit.

Guest bimpy474

It's very disappointing.

Aye, something loads have pointed out. We're bloody boring far too much as well, which I hate.

Guest chopey

Pardew can't choose his own players, which means he is not a Manager he is a coach. This is why I cant understand the reason for not using the players we have in a formation that suits them, we dont have wingers and we dont have two strikers capable of forming a partnership, so why does he constantly try and put square pegs in round holes.

Ive never doubted Pardew is full of shit, i expect nothing other than inconsistent excuses that deflect attention from the failings of himself and his players.  That's half of his job (see Mourinho (again) the other day complaining about the diving of Suarez and saying he wouldn't have his players do that...the bloke who managed and defended Drogba!!)

It's his harshest critics on the web I'm struggling to follow the logic with.  Those who have no reason to change their view.

It's probably my mistake and no-one who had a go at his tiredness excuse last year is having a pop at him for playing tired players now.  I'll be attributing the contradictory views of separate individuals as a collective anti-Pardew amalgamation.

My apologies.

Two things, firstly i dont give a monkey's foreskin about other managers and what shit excuses they use, Mourinho is a poor example anyway as he wins things.

And secondly, he got stick for using tiredness because of the Europa, rightly so as he changed nearly the whole team. Christmas is different, it's the perfect time to rotate and freshen things up. He even said in his press conference he was going to, then didn't, then blamed the result on tiredness that he knew they had.

If you cant see the that, no hope really.

I can see that.  i just don't have a problem with it, because ALL managers spout shite excuses and protect their players from criticism apart from Paulo Di Canio.

Not sure why you've ignored my post and then gone back to what we agree on about Pardew though.

FWIW I would have no problem with Pardew spouting shit if his teams were as functional and well set up as Mourinho's.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew can't choose his own players, which means he is not a Manager he is a coach. This is why I cant understand the reason for not using the players we have in a formation that suits them, we dont have wingers and we dont have two strikers capable of forming a partnership, so why does he constantly try and put square pegs in round holes.

Easiest answer would be he's a bit shit.

It's very disappointing.

Well said. I made a similar point in the Ben Arfa thread where he was getting stick despite us being absolute garbage for 45 mins before he even put one foot on the pitch. Pardew picks his teams by trial and error, he has no purpose or vision. If it works he'll stick with it a while, then when we get sussed he's back to experimenting with daft formations and Shola up front.

Little bit sick of his Shola obsession now, he is a forward and hasnt got a single league goal in 2013, other players would be out team - Cisse for example, although he has 5+

Gomis is becoming more and more the player I want even if he isn't that great. We desperately need a forward with strength to get Shola out of the side.

Little bit sick of his Shola obsession now, he is a forward and hasnt got a single league goal in 2013, other players would be out team - Cisse for example, although he has 5+

I see his reasoning behind it, Remy hasn't looked his best up front on his own and clearly he doesn't have faith in Cisse to play at all atm or Gouffran up front its frankly more down to piss poor squad building Shola's even considered.

Gomis is becoming more and more the player I want even if he isn't that great. We desperately need a forward with strength to get Shola out of the side.

:thup: Especially when a target man is never far from his tactics. Just give him what he wants for once and get rid of Shola.

:thup: Especially when a target man is never far from his tactics. Just give him what he wants for once and get rid of Shola.

He'll have to find out where he's hidden Jonas' 'special' Pardew photos before he can drop him.

Basic error by Jonas not making copies before he left for Argentina...now Shola won't give them back.

I see his reasoning behind it, Remy hasn't looked his best up front on his own and clearly he doesn't have faith in Cisse to play at all atm or Gouffran up front its frankly more down to p*ss poor squad building Shola's even considered.

Remy has only scored 3 goals while Shola has been on the pitch.

I see his reasoning behind it, Remy hasn't looked his best up front on his own and clearly he doesn't have faith in Cisse to play at all atm or Gouffran up front its frankly more down to piss poor squad building Shola's even considered.

Remy looks better when Cisse is up front IMO. Plus Cisse is a much better striker than Shola in any case. We had a couple of good games with Shola up front and as soon as other sides adapted to our long ball crap we have hit the buffers again.

It's very disappointing.

I wouldn't say Sherwood is 442 tbh..... at least from the Man Utd game, it was nothing like 4-4-2 at all in reality.

Bc7ic0bCcAAhhwT.png

I see his reasoning behind it, Remy hasn't looked his best up front on his own and clearly he doesn't have faith in Cisse to play at all atm or Gouffran up front its frankly more down to p*ss poor squad building Shola's even considered.

Remy has only scored 3 goals while Shola has been on the pitch.

I know he has Shola in so he can hit it long a bit more but Shola is and always has been terrible in the aor. I just dont get it, he slows everything down, always offside or stupid fouls

The headlines on the back page of the Chronicle "No need to panic."  The sub text "Defeat will not change our thinking says Pards," now I think I might panic.

:anguish: We lost against a team that had not won in 10 games iirc, if that doesnt suggest our approach needs changing, we will never change.

If nowt else I think it's deeply apparent he doesn't know how to rotate a squad, his best runs always come with a settled XI playing a certain style with few midweek games when this changes he struggles fairly badly. Something he needs to work on but probably won't because he can get away with it by using cheap excuses.

If nowt else I think it's deeply apparent he doesn't know how to rotate a squad, his best runs always come with a settled XI playing a certain style with few midweek games when this changes he struggles fairly badly. Something he needs to work on but probably won't because he can get away with it by using cheap excuses.

It's galling, isn't it. I'm all for a bit of 'stability' like, but I'm also one for plain talking and people being held to account.