Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought was Kinnear coming in to "oversee playing-style"? Maybe he'll explain what our style is in the next match-day programme

you can't see a change in style from last season ?

We play it more on the deck but we still play a mostly defensive formation with the forward getting very little support in the penalty area.

I thought was Kinnear coming in to "oversee playing-style"? Maybe he'll explain what our style is in the next match-day programme

you can't see a change in style from last season ?

At times I can't tell if you're joking or have just missed the line of questioning the precedes your answer :lol:

Alan Pardew says that he has sympathy for Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert.

The former Borussia Dortmund and Celtic star indicated that some clubs in the Premier League could do without the FA Cup.

Both Jose Mourinho and Roberto Martinez - who have both won the FA Cup at Chelsea and Wigan respectably - disagree with Lambert’s comments.

But Pardew said he can understand why clubs fighting against relegation find balancing the FA Cup and the Premier League a tough act.

Pardew said today: “It’s not fair on Premier League managers and I sympathise with Paul (Lambert) and with a lot of the teams down the bottom of the league where they are going to be looking at their survival.

“That is financially massive.

“For us fortunately we have got ourselves in a good position.

“And we can attack the game, which we will.

“We are going to use some fresh players because of the nature of where it’s at.

“That needs to be looked at in my opinion if they want the FA Cup to go back to its former glories.”

Lambert had been asked if clubs could do without the cup and replied: If they were being honest, they probably would do.

“If you can get through, then absolutely I want to get through, I don’t want to not get through, but your main one is the league.

“That is the nature of it. If anyone says any differently, then I am not so sure they will be telling the truth because the Premier League is the most vital thing that anyone wants to get into and we are no different.”

But other bosses have not supported Lambert’s controversial views.

Pardew said: Paul has a right to express his opinion and a right to think differently to me.

“For teams without European competition, playing 38 games a season, I don’t see a reason for those clubs to not try to win matches.

“Even for the smallest clubs, where it is difficult to reach a final, the FA Cup has a special meaning.”

Martinez said: “Every manager knows what they have got in their squad, but it’s a unique competition in its unpredictability with the philosophy that anyone is entitled to chase the dream.”

Meanwhile under pressure boss Sam Allardyce of West Ham said: “My view of the competition is that it’s fabulous and has great history and tradition.

“There is no doubt about that.

“But if you are in the position we are and have the injuries that we have, then there is only one major priority at this football club - the Premier League.

“That won’t change for any football club, irrespective of who they are.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-sympathy-paul-lambert-6466897?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If you listen to Pardew even a 38 game league season is too much, and merely existing in the Premiership so fucking tough that all other games of any kind will threaten relegation. No, your shite tactics will, though. And your defeatist attitude.

Alan Pardew admits he wants a new striker while Montpellier dismiss talk of Cabella leaving

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew admits he wants a new striker in the January transfer window due to the lack of options in the final third

Alan Pardew admits he wants a new striker in the January transfer window.

The Newcastle United manager is concerned at the lack of options in the final third.

Loic Remy’s loan deal expires in May while Shola Ameobi’s contract is up and doesn’t look like being renewed.

Pardew said today: “I do think in the striker department is an area we could possibly look at because Shola’s contract ends, Remy is not our player and that leaves Papiss on his own, really.

“We should have more than that, so that’s an area I am looking at.”

Pardew has yet to make a permanent signing in January but the window has just opened but speaking on business in general he said: “All I do know is we are financially in a good position.

“I have said already that we will be strategic in our transfer dealings, and that’s what we are going to do.”

Meanwhile Montpellier chairman Laurent Nicollin has denied claims United touched base on Remy Cabella.

He said: “There is absolutely no contact with Newcastle.

“The plan is him not leaving in January but in June.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alan-pardew-admits-wants-new-6467416

Guest neesy111

Wants and Gets, 2 completely different scenarios.  We won't sign anyone unless another perfect deal comes our way.