Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Wonder if Pardew does have us rock bottom come January, will Ashley still back him?

Also if Pardew did get the boot, would he turn on Ashley finally? - Perhaps blame him for every bit of his failings based on the transfer policy?

Well you wouldn't put it past him, it certainly won't be his fault so he'll need an excuse.

They will have it written in his contract that he cant talk about the club if he wants his settlement.  Remember Ashley and Llambias dont like cristicism,  they take it badly.  (yes i know llambias is not here anymore)

Pardew said last season: “The important thing is that Davide Santon has got a long-term future at this club because he’s still only young and is gaining such experience.

“He can play right-back, left-back and now he has shown can play central midfield, so you’re looking at one very important player.

“When I look at someone like Phil Neville, Santon could in my opinion be the Phil Neville of this football club, a kind of unsung hero like Phil was at Man U.

“You look at when they won trophies and he was very important.”

:dog:

Pardew said last season: “The important thing is that Davide Santon has got a long-term future at this club because he’s still only young and is gaining such experience.

“He can play right-back, left-back and now he has shown can play central midfield, so you’re looking at one very important player.

“When I look at someone like Phil Neville, Santon could in my opinion be the Phil Neville of this football club, a kind of unsung hero like Phil was at Man U.

Lord have mercy on us all.

the footballing quote equivalent of that DOE ad, jesus christ why, why would you do that :lol:

Guest dazzanufc1892

this quote just reminds me of when souness tried to say you win trophies with players like andy o'brien, not craig bellamy.

Wonder if Pardew does have us rock bottom come January, will Ashley still back him?

Also if Pardew did get the boot, would he turn on Ashley finally? - Perhaps blame him for every bit of his failings based on the transfer policy?

Well you wouldn't put it past him, it certainly won't be his fault so he'll need an excuse.

Nee chance. Ashley will give him a few quid and get to sign a gagging clause. pardews got no morals and will take the money and keep schtum.

http://i.imgur.com/dARDzBJ.gif

Talk about managing expectations by the way, not "We've got a player who could be this team's Roberto Carlos" the kind of half joking, twinkly eyed optimism of a man with big dreams for his club.  No, we've got someone who could be Newcastle's Neville.  Not quite yet, but one day.  Oh, and not the good one, the other one.  With some coaching, Sissoko could end up being our Rhodri Giggs.  He didn't get much attention for it, but during the late 90s he worked really hard on getting the back yard redone and made great progress on it.

Reminds me of "My mum says if I drink my milk one day I might be good enough to play for Accrington Stanley."