Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Between Chelsea circumventing PSR rules with their dodgy inner dealings and Lord tales of the crypt avoiding stadium finances using taxpayers (ironically he's not one of them) money it really does stick a massive neon sign above the 2 tiered policing of the PL teams and their financing. Its bad enough for any team looking at the sly 6 from the outside but Everton and Forest must be foaming.

14 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

28DA2A14-D6A6-4E7F-90C3-6593CF888317.thu

Stadium rebuilds aside, why couldn’t they just get someone up on the roof to repair a leak? Couldn’t cost that much surely.

Are they worried the whole thing is about to come down or something?

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Stadium rebuilds aside, why couldn’t they just get someone up on the roof to repair a leak? Couldn’t cost that much surely.

Are they worried the whole thing is about to come down or something?

I don’t think it’s just the roof. There was water coming through the ceiling of the away dressing room. Hopefully the PL will have staff there to ensure it’s safe for our players.

12 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Just to be on brand, I think Southgate would be a very sensible appointment for them. His greatest achievement with England (so far) has been to eliminate the toxicity and dysfunctional nature of the squad; and if there's one club out there that needs a culture change, it's Man Utd. Obviously the Ashworth connection will work in their favour too, with senior figures finally singing from the same hymn sheet for once. Plus he's got the steely "couldn't give a fuck" resilience, and experience of the highest level games, to cope with the pressure of the job.

Different type of job of course and his tactical limitations might be more exposed at club level, but there's a lot about it which makes sense.

I know Southgate gets a lot of credit for that, and I'm not trying to take too much away from him in that regard but I think in general the English players get on much better with each other these days either way. Probably helped a lot by the fact there's no really fierce and nasty rivalries between the top sides over here these days. 

It's a totally different challenge trying to motivate players on 300/400k a week who can't really be arsed. Tactically the premier league and champions league are far more difficult than International football too. I genuinely think he'd struggle and be an uninspiring appointment for them. 

Southgate doesn’t like to get his hands dirty by actually making any tough decisions. Perfect for the FA because he just goes through the motions and respects the hierarchy above him.

The players like him because he’s not a threat.

Then if the players succeed through collective ability he’s more than happy to pick up the plaudits.

He’d tick a lot of those boxes at Man Utd, a good company man.. and the players will like him because they’ll walk all over him and he’ll never let on he’s not in control.

But the amount of games in a season will soon find him out.

It’s a total myth that International football is the very highest level, at least tactically.

19 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Southgate doesn’t like to get his hands dirty by actually making any tough decisions. Perfect for the FA because he just goes through the motions and respects the hierarchy above him.

The players like him because he’s not a threat.

Then if the players succeed through collective ability he’s more than happy to pick up the plaudits.

He’d tick a lot of those boxes at Man Utd, a good company man.. and the players will like him because they’ll walk all over him and he’ll never let on he’s not in control.

But the amount of games in a season will soon find him out.

It’s a total myth that International football is the very highest level, at least tactically.

Usual baseless shite about Southgate's job as England boss. He's got immense responsibility and loads of options in virtually all positions, so literally every decision he makes is a tough one. I think what you meant to say there was 'popular'.

Of course international tournament football isn't the highest level from a tactical point of view. It's not like any other football really; it's almost entirely results driven - as opposed to a 40/50-game club campaign where it's more reasonable to critique the trend of performances. But it's easily the highest level in terms pressure, stakes and responsibility. 

12 minutes ago, OCK said:

Its not even THE NORTH :grrm:

Indeed.

Geographically, Manchester is in the middle third of the country. Based on lattitude, the dividing line between North and Midlands runs between York and Leeds.

I understand why they want to be northern, because of course it's better, but they're just not. Probably closer to being Welsh than they are to being Northern.

27 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Indeed.

Geographically, Manchester is in the middle third of the country. Based on lattitude, the dividing line between North and Midlands runs between York and Leeds.

I understand why they want to be northern, because of course it's better, but they're just not. Probably closer to being Welsh than they are to being Northern.

I wouldn’t mind so much, but when they talk about ‘the north’ we all know full well they only mean Manchester. It would be much better if they just used the term north west instead. They can argue with the scouses if that includes Liverpool or not. 

Those leaks at Old Trafford are insane. If your seat was in the middle of all that you'd be looking a refund. It can't be that safe having so much water just pouring around the place can it?

Would I be correct in assuming Sir Jim is a tax dodging cunt? If so then why should the taxpayer pay for stadium renovations for a club that already has huge revenue streams? If so the government can pay for our stadium upgrade too.

Just now, Rafalove said:

Would I be correct in assuming Sir Jim is a tax dodging cunt? If so then why should the taxpayer pay for stadium renovations for a club that already has huge revenue streams? If so the government can pay for our stadium upgrade too.

The government can fuck off. I don’t want seb fucking coe, rishi sunak or sir starmer anywhere near us or our ground. 

if ratty wants the tax payers to fund his shortfall he can get it of the ‘king of the north’ burnham and greater Manchester can pay for it from their coffers. 

1 hour ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I wouldn’t mind so much, but when they talk about ‘the north’ we all know full well they only mean Manchester. It would be much better if they just used the term north west instead. They can argue with the scouses if that includes Liverpool or not. 

I think places like Morecambe, Barrow, Lancaster and Rochdale are beyond the north now. The north these days is a small area containing only south Lancashire and north Cheshire (which was the midlands when I was a lad) - and 'levelling up' has been quite successful for these 'northerners'.

3 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Blokes like Radcliffe have no shame. 

The rich with all their connections don't know shame. 

They generally get what they want. The richer you are the fewer people say "no"