Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5 minutes ago, ianbeany said:

Just had a look on Redcafe and they have a thread on there discussing how much they could sell their players for.

Dalot  40-60m

Garnacho  80-100m

shit Bruno  80-100m

Mount  60-70m

Højlund  70-100m

Onana 50-60m

Its fucking insane how much most on there overvalue some of the shite they have  [emoji38]

Fake Bruno, Garnacho and Hojlund will probably fetch decent fees (but nowhere near those valuations). The rest will be difficult to shift.

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Garnacho and Hojland are massively saleable assets but are the two they probably shouldn’t sell. 

Bruno F would rightly command a massive fee too.

Turns 30 at the beginning of next season. Not sure they could get a fee big enough to justify selling the player that makes the biggest difference in the team. 

I also think they would be looking at a loss on Hojland. Garnacho and Mainoo would be the biggest profits from FFP perspective 

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Garnacho and Hojland are massively saleable assets but are the two they probably shouldn’t sell. 

Bruno F would rightly command a massive fee too.

Garnacho and Hoj are the saleable assets indeed. Bruno F is 30 though, but that being said, so was Kane :lol:

50 minutes ago, ianbeany said:

Just had a look on Redcafe and they have a thread on there discussing how much they could sell their players for.

Dalot  40-60m

Garnacho  80-100m

shit Bruno  80-100m

Mount  60-70m

Højlund  70-100m

Onana 50-60m

Its fucking insane how much most on there overvalue some of the shite they have  [emoji38]

Same on here with our lot. All fans do this.

Man U it's worse because nobody will pay a lot of those wages. It's about half for the lot.

Some of them are unsellable. They would have to hope someone like Arsenal or Spurs randomly wants Mason Mount. Reckon Mount looks decent at Spurs but Levy won't pay those wages.

21 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Man United will peddle a lot of these on huge losses or out on loan. They can probably afford to do it - unfortunately.

Thats not really true considering their PSR position

According to the Daily Mail, Mount's most recent contract at Chelsea was worth £80,000 per week but he is set to earn a basic weekly wage of £250,000 with United.

With various bonuses included in Mount's United deal, he could even earn up to £300,000 per week based on his performances at Old Trafford.

United are set to pay Chelsea a transfer fee in the region of £60 million for Mount.

FanNation

Mount is a good player and the transfer fee was acceptable IMO. 

The wages though. :lol: It's one of the major reasons for failure in the last 5-10 years. 

I thought he’d be a lot better than he has been, albeit I didn’t think he’d be this washed. Wages though it’s a self perpetuating cycle though ain’t it? Hard to get out of. Hard to shift players on historical wages and if I’m being signed to replace Casezero or Pason Pount then I’m wanting paid at least equal and thus the show rolls on. 

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

I thought he’d be a lot better than he has been, albeit I didn’t think he’d be this washed. Wages though it’s a self perpetuating cycle though ain’t it? Hard to get out of. Hard to shift players on historical wages and if I’m being signed to replace Casezero or Pason Pount then I’m wanting paid at least equal and thus the show rolls on. 

Tad harsh to say he's washed IMO. He's missed over 30 games this season due to injury and last night was first start in 7 months. 

Not sure I've seen a drop off as big as Casemiro's mind. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Tad harsh to say he's washed IMO. He's missed over 30 games this season due to injury and last night was first start in 7 months. 

Not sure I've seen a drop off as big as Casemiro's mind. 

He has been since he came back though, looks badly off it. Plays like a ghost. 

I don’t think the way you’s set up are helping either of them in any way through. Basically highlighting all their shortcomings week after week.

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Man U and their wages will be the problem for the next few years.

Reckon we’re more likely to win the league than them over the next 10 years.

Nah, they'll still be able to spend way more than us. We lose one of Bruno & Isak and we're relying on an exceptional transfer window just to get back to where we were. They sort their wages out and they're able to bring in a lot. Plus they've got many friends in the media who will keep the Man Utd myth alive as long as possible.

Posted (edited)

The wages are the big problem and a never-ending cycle. Nee one good unless really young is willing to accept lower wages when Rashford gets 300k and Mount 250k just as an example. Also means it's impossible to move failures as most players are not willing cut their wages in half on a new club.

Might also affect their motivation and will to keep improving. These players think they've made it now and know they will never get a better contract at any other club.

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

He has been since he came back though, looks badly off it. Plays like a ghost. 

I don’t think the way you’s set up are helping either of them in any way through. Basically highlighting all their shortcomings week after week.

Before last night he's had 6 appearances since he came back from injury and the minutes were as follows:

16 (first game back against Liverpool) 

11 (against Brentford, scored an excellent goal) 

5 (Chelsea) 

6 (Liverpool)

13 (Bournemouth) 

1 (Burnley) 

52 minutes of football in total before last night. 

I'm not convinced Ten Hag even asked for him, as it would appear he hasn't the slightest clue how to use him. He should be used a lot more to rotate with Mainoo. 

Either way it's been a write off season for Mount and he's the last person I blame for it. 

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

The wages are the big problem and a never-ending cycle. Nee one good unless really young is willing to accept lower wages when Rashford gets 300k and Mount 250k just as an example. Also means it's impossible to move failures as most players are not willing cut their wages in half on a new club.

Agreed. The Rashford contract was a stupid mistake. 

There's some good players on reasonable wages like Garnacho, Mainoo, Hojlund, Dalot etc. 

If we can shift Casemiro in the summer along with Varane and Martial's contracts expiring, that's almost £1m a week we'll save in wages. 

Doubt we retain Amrabat, Van de Beek will leave and I'd expect Eriksen to go as well. That's another £300k.

The wage structure looks a lot healthier one those top few earners are gone. 

30 minutes ago, astraguy said:

I'd take Højlund said it at the start of the season,He looks a good player in the wrong system but 25-30 would be ideal not 70+

Have a word with Jim see if he'll sell us him at a £40M loss 

Problem they have is how much do they back the bald fraud with in the window? I wouldn't be letting him spend much at all given how he's got this team playing atm. Not even sure he deserves another season given how appalling a lot of the performances have been, ultimately he's responsible for results and they've been shocking. Very real chance they finish 8th and that's as low as I've known them to finish for decades. Better off saving the warchest for the next cretin who replaces him in June/November 

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Just been reading that Sir Jim Batshit wants to bring Ole back.

He hasnt got a scooby [emoji38]

We would all love Ole back as an interim for the rest of the season if Ten Hag was to be sacked. :lol:

A limited coach but at least had some structure. He was beating Pep on the regular with McFred midfields. 

The Watford result that led to Ole being sacked wasn't any worse than last night. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

We would all love Ole back as an interim for the rest of the season if Ten Hag was to be sacked. :lol:

A limited coach but at least had some structure. He was beating Pep on the regular with McFred midfields. 

The Watford result that led to Ole being sacked wasn't any worse than last night. 

Canny bleak though. :lol:

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, STM said:

Canny bleak though. :lol:

I'd love it. :lol: Ole makes me happy. 

Edited by Froggy