Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, so he can be a very good player (which he undoubtedly is), one of the key components of a solid Manchester United season (which he undoubtedly is), and yet be a whinging, moaning, diving prick (which he also undoubtedly is). He's rated "just right" in my opinion.

He's a good player, arguably very good, the only issue I have is when Man-U fans try to claim he's on par or even above KDB

In terms of the stats shared I'd argue his numbers are higher as it mostly goes through him, the likes of KDB isn't as high as the chances created is shared around a bit more, same applies to Arsenal players

And ultimately he's a massive prick, that will always play a part in how people rate him

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Bumping this thread to throw a few things out after being in the Team of the Season thread. It's a Manchester United thread, so surely I can't catch any shit from posting in here. Didn't want to derail a thread asking opinions on Bruno Fernandes so dug this up. :lol:

@aussiemag @54 @nufc123 @Super Duper Branko Strupar @SiLvOR All of you listed Bruno Fernandes as one of the most overrated players this season.

-----

16.8 - Bruno Fernandes assisted the most xG of any player in the PL in 2022-23 (16.8), although his teammates scored only 8 goals from those passes.

16.8 - Bruno Fernandes

13.9 - Kevin De Bruyne

12.4 - Kieran Trippier

11.5 - Trent Alexander-Arnold

10.5 - Pascal Groß

image.thumb.png.ccd14be48f524ce1687085b53c426f0a.png

image.thumb.png.b2a854b421d20a1f5b89b19e200e5289.png

image.png.0c209e0060cfbd42610e84ce9cea17f1.png

This is with large parts of the season with Wout Weghorst as his striker. May I ask what he would need to do to be rated fairly in your eyes? 

Hes a good player its not that, and you can give me all that stats x here and x there all day trying to impress me, but when you compare him to other similar players like De Bruyne and Odegaard his numbers in terms of goals/assists is not that great. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Eh, surely nobody has ever claimed that?

My two older brothers support Man-U and they very much try to do it

And they use shitty stats like those that were shared to try and suggest he'd have better numbers than KDB if he played for City

It's doylem logic but here we are

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Hes a good player its not that, and you can give me all that stats x here and x there all day trying to impress me, but when you compare him to other similar players like De Bruyne and Odegaard his numbers in terms of goals/assists is not that great. 

Do you mean this season? He has more assists than Odegaard and more goals than De Bruyne.

If you're including seasons before only De Bruyne is even close to him. I'm fairly sure that Fernandes has more goal involvements than anyone except Messi in the top five leagues since he came into the league. I just don't think people understand how good his numbers are. It's something like 120 G+A in 200 games. 

I think it's a fair argument to say that if Fernandes had Haaland up top as well that he would have significantly more assists. 

That isn't me saying Fernandes is better than De Bruyne BTW. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Do you mean this season? He has more assists than Odegaard and more goals than De Bruyne.

In the PL? Odegaard has the same amount in assist but almost double in goals. One goal more than De Bruyne but 10 more assists. None of them take pens.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think it's a fair argument to say that if Fernandes had Haaland up top as well that he would have significantly more assists. 

Hate these. Ifs and ifs. Im sure Maximin would have double figures in assists if Fernandes, De Bruyne, Odegaard and Kane was at the end of his passes.

33 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Might have been an idea to spend some money on a striker rather than spunking 80m on another shitty, non productive winger.

8 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Fwiw in terms of minutes Fernandes has played almost 10 games more than KDB

Though not like that stat is needed to know they aren't on the same level

This season yes. Which is fair enough if that's what we're talking about. 

Since Fernandes joined the league though, more goal involvements than De Bruyne. Per 90 I've no idea, but would imagine it's mighty close. 

Not sure what the issues were with the stats above were either. They were black and white. 

5 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Might have been an idea to spend some money on a striker rather than spunking 80m on another shitty, non productive winger.

Antony does have 15 goal involvements himself this season. I'd give him more a bit more time than one season though. :lol:

As much as I hate is on pitch behaviour and histrionics ability alone I think he’d be brilliant for Newcastle United. He’s very good. Hoping this Hungarian is a low maintenance version of him (?).

5 hours ago, Froggy said:

If you're including seasons before only De Bruyne is even close to him. I'm fairly sure that Fernandes has more goal involvements than anyone except Messi in the top five leagues since he came into the league. I just don't think people understand how good his numbers are. It's something like 120 G+A in 200 games. 

That isn't me saying Fernandes is better than De Bruyne BTW. 

All statistics are made up - 72.3% of the population knows that.

1 hour ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Why on earth do Man U have their own thread? Its not as though they are `owt` special these days 

We have a Tottenham thread and a Sunderland thread. I'm not sure being special has anything to do with thread creation.

I think he put something in here to avoid turning another thread into a Man Utd. debate.

I don't really see the big deal - I'd be fine if we had a thread for a bunch of clubs, especially the ones that have supporters on here.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I think he put something in here to avoid turning another thread into a Man Utd. debate.

I don't really see the big deal - I'd be fine if we had a thread for a bunch of clubs, especially the ones that have supporters on here.

Hasn't stopped him in the past.