Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My barber told me yesterday that van Gaal told the media/fans in August to judge him on his first 3 months. That hasn't worked too well.

He came out then and said that was a mistake and it could take three years. :lol:

Guest neesy111

My barber told me yesterday that van Gaal told the media/fans in August to judge him on his first 3 months. That hasn't worked too well.

He came out then and said that was a mistake and it could take three years. :lol:

Quite a difference in time. :lol:

Glory days are over.

:lol: Gimp just popping in here periodically to rephrase the same sentiment.

They're still one of the top clubs in the world and their income is astronomical.  If they didn't have the Glazers sucking money out every year then they'd have the spending power of Chelsea/City without the neeed for dodgy oil money.  They probably do regardless.  They'll be back challenging for the title within 3 years, maximum.

Glory days are over.

:lol: Gimp just popping in here periodically to rephrase the same sentiment.

They're still one of the top clubs in the world and their income is astronomical.  If they didn't have the Glazers sucking money out every year then they'd have the spending power of Chelsea/City without the neeed for dodgy oil money.  They probably do regardless.  They'll be back challenging for the title within 3 years, maximum.

On their knees.

They'll never be so dominent again.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Bumping this thread to throw a few things out after being in the Team of the Season thread. It's a Manchester United thread, so surely I can't catch any shit from posting in here. Didn't want to derail a thread asking opinions on Bruno Fernandes so dug this up. :lol:

@aussiemag @54 @nufc123 @Super Duper Branko Strupar @SiLvOR All of you listed Bruno Fernandes as one of the most overrated players this season.

-----

16.8 - Bruno Fernandes assisted the most xG of any player in the PL in 2022-23 (16.8), although his teammates scored only 8 goals from those passes.

16.8 - Bruno Fernandes

13.9 - Kevin De Bruyne

12.4 - Kieran Trippier

11.5 - Trent Alexander-Arnold

10.5 - Pascal Groß

image.thumb.png.ccd14be48f524ce1687085b53c426f0a.png

image.thumb.png.b2a854b421d20a1f5b89b19e200e5289.png

image.png.0c209e0060cfbd42610e84ce9cea17f1.png

This is with large parts of the season with Wout Weghorst as his striker. May I ask what he would need to do to be rated fairly in your eyes? 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Bumping this thread to throw a few things out after being in the Team of the Season thread. It's a Manchester United thread, so surely I can't catch any shit from posting in here. Didn't want to derail a thread asking opinions on Bruno Fernandes so dug this up. :lol:

@aussiemag @54 @nufc123 @Super Duper Branko Strupar @SiLvOR All of you listed Bruno Fernandes as one of the most overrated players this season.

-----

16.8 - Bruno Fernandes assisted the most xG of any player in the PL in 2022-23 (16.8), although his teammates scored only 8 goals from those passes.

16.8 - Bruno Fernandes

13.9 - Kevin De Bruyne

12.4 - Kieran Trippier

10.5 - Pascal Groß

This is with large parts of the season with Wout Weghorst as his striker. May I ask what he would need to do to be rated fairly in your eyes? 

Stop throwing himself to the floor then crying, with the expression of a donkey?

I made my decision purely on vibes and a biased opinion, without any care in the world for underlying stats, and i'm sticking with it. Sorry @Froggy, Fernandes is completely overrated. 

It's even more annoying when class players behave like shits and seem like they're having a terrible time on the pitch. You're mint at football, just stop being a dickhead and enjoy it. 

Martial is quite similar, although he's more miserable than annoying.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's even more annoying when class players behave like shits and seem like they're having a terrible time on the pitch. You're mint at football, just stop being a dickhead and enjoy it. 

Don't think i've ever seen Martial smile. It's like he's permanently depressed :lol:

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

I made my decision purely on vibes and a biased opinion, without any care in the world for underlying stats, and i'm sticking with it. Sorry @Froggy, Fernandes is completely overrated. 

:lol: I know that's what all these opinions are based on, I just wanted to hear it from the horses mouth. Fair play to you for being honest.

5 minutes ago, OCK said:

When it looks like everyone on the team hates playing with him [emoji38]

Can't say I've seen this myself barring one occasion with Sancho this season.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Fully agree with this. Extremely frustrating how much of a yap he is. Wish he would stop. :lol: 

He's a talent, no doubt and comes across as measured and intelligent in the interviews I've seen him give. But once he crosses that white line he becomes an absolutely insufferable, whining, cheating rat. Quite the Jekyll and Hyde.

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

-----

16.8 - Bruno Fernandes

13.9 - Kevin De Bruyne

12.4 - Kieran Trippier

10.5 - Pascal Groß

Not be massively over-rated and utter shite. The whiney little rat faced, bum fluffed chin, powder-puff, cry eyed little scum bag.