Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It'd be fucking hilarious if they actually  pay 65 million euros and make him the highest paid player in England for Falcao, and ignore a CB/CM area.

Looks like the club is being run with bunch of muppets with no plan in place. Just looking to see which star names are available and throw money at them.

It'd be fucking hilarious if they actually  pay 65 million euros and make him the highest paid player in England for Falcao, and ignore a CB/CM area.

Looks like the club is being run with bunch of muppets with no plan in place. Just looking to see which star names are available and throw money at them.

really?  liverpool proved last season you can do a lot with a potent attack, an average midfield and a negligent defence tbh

Liverpool's midfield and defence is miles ahead of Man Utd.

Miles? Come on now. :lol: We haven't had more than two fit first team defenders in a five at the back system this season so I'd still reserve judgement until our players come back if I were you.

Shaw, Rojo, Rafael, Blind and Herrera have to go into this team yet and have to gel in a system that a new manager said will take three months to implement. We'll see how we're playing at Christmas. If we keep in touch with the Champions League positions up to then I'm confident we'll qualify.

With the new players, aye, reserve judgment. But with the players you've started this season, it's shocking.

No argument from me there.

It comes down to a few points for me though.

• Van Persie clearly isn't fit. Falcao rumours are ridiculous for me though. Far too much money.
  • We've had shortages in midfield so have had to play Cleverley and Anderson at times.
  • Ashley fucking Young is playing wingback and is back to his magnificently shit best. His deserved reputation as a cheat has cost us two penalties this season as well.
  • We've played a game with three centre backs under the age of 22, two of which had 5 apps between them.
  • They look clueless in this system.

The first four could be sorted by the time the international break is over. We'll have a lot of first team players back. I love Fletcher but Blind and Herrera are upgrades. Shaw will come in for Young. Rojo in for Blackett. Rafael in for Valencia (he's a far better player. I just hope he can stay fit). Van Persie might be firing fit again.

The only problem left is adapting to this 3-5-2.

Manchester United will disclose the full cost to the club of David Moyes's disastrous 11-month reign as manager on Wednesday, with annual accounts expected to highlight a £50-million price-tag on the Scot's turbulent campaign at the helm.

Ed Woodward, United's executive vice-chairman, will hold a conference call with the club's investors at 1pm on Wednesday to discuss the financial picture at Old Trafford following the publication of accounts for the year ending June 30, 2014.

And while United are expected to post a robust balance sheet, with the club anticipated to meet their target of annual revenues between £420-£430m, the failure of Moyes to secure Champions League qualification will cost the club at least £35m in prize money this season.

United's surprise drop from champions in 2012-13 to seventh-placed also-rans under Moyes saw the club suffer a reduction of £8.4m in Premier League prize money last season - a campaign which Woodward described as "very disappointing" when addressing investors following the publication of quarterly accounts in May.

With Moyes being paid £3.5m in compensation - his basic annual salary at Old Trafford - the former Everton manager's spell in charge at United ultimately cost the club £7m in wages, with Wednesday's accounts also likely to highlight the sum total of pay-offs received by coaches Steve Round, Jimmy Lumsden, Chris Woods and Phil Neville.

Senior figures at Old Trafford have insisted that the club's financial well-being is such that United are able to withstand the cost of a season without Champions League football.

And the start of a £53m-a-year shirt sponsorship deal with Chevrolet this summer will ensure that the absence of Champions League earnings does not lead to a sizeable hole in next year's accounts.

United have spent in excess of £150m this summer on new signings, including the £59.7m British record signing of Argentine winger ?ngel di María from Real Madrid.

Di María's arrival last month, along with those of Marcos Rojo, Daley Blind and Radamel Falcao, will not affect the year-end accounts, but all will be listed as post-balance sheet events.

The combined £56.8m transfer fees paid for Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera will be included, however, with both deals being completed before the end of United's financial year.

United's wage bill for the 2013-14 season is set to rise from the previous year, but interest payments on the club's debt, which stood at £351m in May, are expected to drop from last year's figure of £71m for the 2012-13 accounts.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder will they eventually become massive rivals of Man United. You'd imagine so if they rise up the leagues.

They've got a hell of a ways to go. :lol:

They're already rising pretty fast. Playing in the 7th tier with their own stadium is an incredible achievement for 9 years work. If they can work themselves up 3 more leagues to League 2 then anything is possible as we've seen before with other clubs.

• 4 weeks later...

what did moyes, and now seemingly LvG see in fellaini in such attacking roles?  he rarely produces a fucking thing there and seems to have the attributes to be more of a destroyer to me...even the belgium coach did it in the WC and he was appalling there too

i honestly can not fathom it, he offers nothing playing so high up the pitch

what did moyes, and now seemingly LvG see in fellaini in such attacking roles?  he rarely produces a fucking thing there and seems to have the attributes to be more of a destroyer to me...even the belgium coach did it in the WC and he was appalling there too

He's a threat aerially and can hold it up a bit. Looks very out of his depth at Man United.

He's a threat aerially and can hold it up a bit. Looks very out of his depth at Man United.

just won a header and set up the winner essentially, fucking typical, pardew has pardewed my entire life

just won a header and set up the winner essentially, fucking typical, pardew has pardewed my entire life

Everything is Pardew forever.

what did moyes, and now seemingly LvG see in fellaini in such attacking roles?  he rarely produces a f***ing thing there and seems to have the attributes to be more of a destroyer to me...even the belgium coach did it in the WC and he was appalling there too

Best form for Everton came as a type of battering ram AM. Put it anywhere near him and it will make it stick. He did that brilliantly against WBA. He's not technical enough deep. Heavy touch, limited passing range.

what did moyes, and now seemingly LvG see in fellaini in such attacking roles?  he rarely produces a f***ing thing there and seems to have the attributes to be more of a destroyer to me...even the belgium coach did it in the WC and he was appalling there too

Best form for Everton came as a type of battering ram AM. Put it anywhere near him and it will make it stick. He did that brilliantly against WBA. He's not technical enough deep. Heavy touch, limited passing range.

but he doesn't score or create enough goals in an AM capacity either

i'll never understand fellaini's existence personally, not matter how well it's explained to me

i'll never understand fellaini's existence personally, not matter how well it's explained to me

12 in his last season for Everton. And was a focal point of their attack. If you ever get a chance, watch some of his performances or highlights for Everton against City and Man (4-4 especially). Unstoppable then.

12 in his last season for Everton. And was a focal point of their attack. If you ever get a chance, watch some of his performances or highlights for Everton against City and Man (4-4 especially). Unstoppable then.

9,3,3,5,12 in his 5 seasons at everton, didn't score many for liege and hasn't looked like doing anything for manyoo

i remember him in his last season for everton tbh, he looked in good form i agree, but there's absolutely no way on gods green earth he should be performing that role for manyoo imho

Fellaini was excellent yesterday I thought, and got us back into the game against West Brom. Happy enough for him to have a run in the team at the minute. He had a delightful flick through ball yesterday too that I would never have expected him to be capable of. :lol: