Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The long-term neglect of the transfer strategy is going to take a long time to put right. IMO they would be better off signing 5 or 6 £10-15m players, ensuring a decent season, then pushing on from there.

i'm in agreement, they'd have been better spending their 100m mata & di maria money on 7-10 well-identified players of this value in a lower age bracket and gambling that at least 5 or more of them come good in the next few years

watching them at the weekend danny mills made a good point i thought when manyoo tried to break, he said that in van gaal's holland team they give the ball to robben and he'll carry it 50+ yards on his own due to his sheer pace, this current manyoo team really lack that imho and it'll hurt them long term if he's trying to play the same game

they also lack at least 2 top quality CB's as well of course

i rate di maria very highly myself but it think he should have been bought to complement a group of younger, pacier additions to make it tick

future looks bleak for mata as well, he just doesn't seem to fit

Some absolutely bizarre signings made to be honest and such vast sums spent. It sort of reminds of playing fm where you forget what players you really need and end up buying players you don't need and overlook the glaring deficiencies in your squad.

3-5-2:

De Gea

Jones  Evans  Rojo

Rafael  Fletcher  Herrera  Di Maria

Mata

RvP  Rooney

Lindegaard

Smalling

Shaw

Valencia

Young

Carrick

Januzaj

Welbeck

If LvG were to go by his principle of having as many players in their best positions, 4-4-2 diamond might not be a bad option as mentioned by Mole:

De Gea

Rafael  Jones  Evans  Shaw                *Smalling, Rojo

Herrera*                                *Carrick

Fletcher  Di Maria

Mata*                                  *Januzaj

RvP  Rooney

I love how the Man U fans are get a real slap in the face... from "WE ARE BACK! WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE!!" to "Well, Moyes wasnt that bad!"

http://media.tumblr.com/80f95b443bd2ddd2ebe8f883d787d880/tumblr_inline_n8o6c0xBFm1qbhmtm.gif

:lol:

Love seeing them so mediocre, but I have a feeling they're going to be devastating after they've had enough time to gel. Too many world-class players in that squad for them to play like this forever.

http://media.tumblr.com/80f95b443bd2ddd2ebe8f883d787d880/tumblr_inline_n8o6c0xBFm1qbhmtm.gif

:lol:

Love seeing them so mediocre, but I have a feeling they're going to be devastating after they've had enough time to gel. Too many world-class players in that squad for them to play like this forever.

Too many average (at best) players occupying important positions in the squad, too.

But, it's great to see how far they have fallen and to enjoy it while it lasts.

Fat boy! I don't know if you noticed, but the board at Manu (yes, football teams have these) quickly got shot of the manager who didn't perform adequately and replaced him with an upgrade... Any chance of some similar logic being applied?

yeah, looks like they need something to tie it together to me and it'll all come good - the proposed move for falcao makes perfect sense to me as they're carrying RvP these days, adding a focal point to the team like him will allow their other attackers to get involved more i reckon