Newcastle United vs Stoke City - 26/12/13 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was looking into going to this as I'm in Scotland for Christmas but no transport options  :weep:

After our recent run we should be winning this pretty comfortably. I'm pretty confident after the way we passed the ball around yesterday and i would hope Pardew will look for a similar style in this match. I can see us dominating but only winning 1-0.

Krul

Debuchy - Willo - Colo - Santon

Anita

Sissoko      Cabaye

Ben Arfa                          Gouffran

Remy

Pls.

http://i.imgur.com/iI5MVwL.png

Run of 4 games in 10 days. Good thing is we are at home for 4 of them.

26 Dec  Stoke (h)

29 Dec  Arsenal (h)

01 Jan  WBA (a)

04 Jan  Cardiff (h; Capital One Cup)

Stoke's last 6 games - W2-0 Sunderland; Everton L4-0; D0-0 Cardiff; W3-2 Chelsea; D0-0 Hull; W2-1 Aston Villa

Stoke's next 4 league games - NUFC (a), Spurs (a), Everton (h), Liverpool (h)

Newcastle Team News: Tiote suspended; Sissoko on 4 yellows (cut-off date for 5 cards suspension is 31 Dec)

Stoke Team News: Huth injured

Krul

Anita

Sissoko      Cabaye

Remy

Pls.

This for me, wouldn't mind swapping Sissoko and Ben Arfa .

Another fantastic opportunity to consolidate our position in the top 6. Getting six consecutive points against muck like Palace and Stoke is something we've often stumbled on, if we got it now it really would prove how much we've improved. I reckon Arsenal will have us too so a point here should be the absolute bare minimum, just to avoid two defeats stunting our momentum - something Pardew's squads clearly thrive off.

Must-not-lose as opposed to a must-win. But we're strong favourites.

Krul

Anita

Sissoko      Cabaye

Remy

Pls.

Yeah this please

I don't think possession-based is really the way to go here but I think they'll pretty much give us the ball anyway. I know some might think yesterday's style was the way forward but I just don't believe it suits us at home to 'lesser' teams, we've used it well for nullifying certain opposition when playing away but this will be a different type of match. We don't have loads of creativity in the squad and if you're going to play possession against a team like this - a side that will probably sit back in numbers and look to contain - that's important, as is having attackers that can play quick football in tighter spaces.

We should start this at a really high tempo, lots of high pressing, playing at pace and taking risks. Force them into being unbalanced and capitalise. If we get the early goal, can see us getting 3 or 4.

Fancy Hatem to start and produce a bit magic. 3-0 - Remy, HBA, Sissoko.