Newcastle United 5 - 1 Stoke City - 26/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 39

Rich

4th on MOTD

A 5-1 score line, 2 red cards (3 if you count Mark Hughes as well), 2 penalties, and other possible penalties and red cards. Yet we are 2nd last on MOTD, aye right.

2nd last?

lol@stifler

Bollocks, there was me thinking it was a typical 5 match show tonight.

Guest bimpy474

Also, what other possible red cards? Genuine question haven't seen the game back so may have forgotten

Possibly the Shawcross tackle ?

To be fair years of Pulisball would drive anyone potty. I love how that they play a bit more expansive footy they now think they're barcalona (begovic to crouch is still the most common pass they make iirc).

To be fair was a bit of 'what could have been' for them, but if you will fill your team with thick players  :lol:

Just seen the highlights. They didn't show Whelans first yellow, but the second one is a yellow. The other one was a stonewall penalty and a sending off!

Now i feel better about the win, sloppy and stupid from the zombies themselves if you ask me.

Guest palnese

Also, what other possible red cards? Genuine question haven't seen the game back so may have forgotten

On Haidara?

Guest bimpy474

On Haidara?

Yeah, I thought it was ok but I only got one look and didn't see any replays. Some others on here thought it was a red.....could be that one.

Guest Killuminati

This was a once in a life time game where you wished this second half would go on for the rest of the day. So fun and relaxing to watch

we won at a canter in the end. not sure we would have had they not went stupid. we learned nothing about our team. in some ways I'd rather the red cards hadn't happened to see if the "new stytle" of play could up tempo to get us back into the game, in the end though, 3 points, a run out and no injuries or suspensions.