Newcastle United 5 - 1 Stoke City - 26/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 39

Rich

Glenn Whelan as good as told the ref he was going to get sent off when he picked up his yellow. Petulant b******. Blame the ref like obviously :lol:

Couldn't believe it when no one on the Stoke forum complained about their players, everything was Atkinson's fault. I initially thought the first was soft but the ball was nowhere near and Whelan just basically wanted to kick Cabaye. Daft cunt(s).

The fuck's with Ian W's username? Childish as fuck.

A reference to something he said in the Jimmy Savile thread I think. Was sure it had been changed back this morning :lol:.

It was changed back, would appreciate it sorting!

:lol: Just caught up. You got Burn Burn-ed there, like.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

On second viewing I don't think the sending off was unjustified. The first yellow was a bit soft but for the second one he's on the wrong side of Cabaye and never getting the ball. Seems deliberate too so it's a yellow.

The Stoke fans can bemoan their luck but they didn't say anything when they got a really generous penalty against Swansea a few weeks ago and against the mackems too for the Brown red card. Talk about swings and roundabouts  :lol:

Newcastle have been on the receiving end often enough of dodgy refereeing down the years. I remember the 4-1 defeat to Derby, back in 92 when Brian Coddington sent off 3 of wor lot. It happens - we benefited today and got something of a get out of free jail card. Did what we had to so now, bring on Arsenal.

Was absolutely fuming after 40 minutes. Seeing our lot trot about while Stoke players had the ball in the edge of our box, treating Crouch like some sort of God by quadruple marking him and just letting them have the ball far too much had me pretty animated  :lol:

Hadn't felt like that since Hull, I don't know if it was mixed instructions or lazy play but some of our lot looked asleep, 2 defensive midfielders so deep made matters worse. Perhaps there was one eye on Arsenal.

Was delighted come full time though, some really enjoyable moments in the second half. The roll continues.

First half we were not good at all. Looked tired, didn't have much tempo or energy. Sissoko wasn't very good at all in a more advanced role in the middle, while Santon was the worst player in black and white, did little going forward and was susceptible in defence. Whelan got his first yellow for kicking the ball away, not the challenge - kicking it away is an easy timewasting yellow, no doubt.  The second was a yellow every day of the week, a straight thuggish hack of the legs. Stoke can have little complaint. Personally I didn't think the second was a red, looked like another defender was there to cover. It was certainly a penalty, though.

At that point it was over as a contest but we asserted the dominance well without overexerting ourselves. I thought it was overall a controlled performance with an eye on the calendar, knowing we don't have much depth and have quite a few games to play. We were walking a fine line in the first half by doing that, and it might have cost us, but in the second the two reds made it easy. Cabaye's goal was brilliant, Debuchy's pass gave the ball all the pace it would need, Cabaye simply redirected it beautifully into the net.

Ben Arfa looked magnificent though his inclusion on the wing pushes Sissoko back inside, which he didn't seem to cope with well on this evidence. Perhaps it's just an adjustment thing.

On second viewing I don't think the sending off was unjustified. The first yellow was a bit soft but for the second one he's on the wrong side of Cabaye and never getting the ball. Seems deliberate too so it's a yellow.

Cabaye had pissed him off earlier, as soon as I soon it I thought "revenge". The lack of any real reaction says he knew exactly what he had done as well. You don't get sent off for a soft second yellow and just accept it like he seemed to.

I think Stoke need a new motto, something like nothing is ever our fault

Yes they had two players sent off and had two penalties awarded against them but if they weren't already down to 9 men they could have had a couple more players sent off and we could have had 2-3 more penalties.  If anything, Atkinson was pretty f***ing lenient towards them in the 2nd half.

It's interesting because when I listen to my boss, that's exactly the attitude I hear from him. They never get the breaks, they are consistently the better team, they should score from every chance they make. The goals they conceed are either down to the ref missing something, against the run of play or because they failed to do something. If you listen to him, you would seriously think that they should really win the league every year.

How many games did it take us last year to reach 33pts? Interested with us hitting the halfway mark.

19 I think, the 19th being 3-0 at home to Man Utd. Could be wrong...

http://i.imgur.com/fPzQZdo.png

So game 32 of last season before we had more points than we do now.

Such a fucking shit season last time out. :(

The fuck's with Ian W's username? Childish as fuck.

A reference to something he said in the Jimmy Savile thread I think. Was sure it had been changed back this morning :lol:.

It was changed back, would appreciate it sorting!

:lol: Just caught up. You got Burn Burn-ed there, like.

:lol:

How many games did it take us last year to reach 33pts? Interested with us hitting the halfway mark.

19 I think, the 19th being 3-0 at home to Man Utd. Could be wrong...

http://i.imgur.com/fPzQZdo.png

So game 32 of last season before we had more points than we do now.

Such a f***ing s*** season last time out. :(

Bloody Yewrup!

Even if we lose to Arsenal we will have 33 points after 19 games. Replicate the same form in the second half of the season and we could better the 65 points when we finished 5th. After the mackem defeat this really has been some turnaround.

Hahahaha.

No matter how good he is would hate to see any cheating,diving tosser playing for us.

Their squad is full of dirty, cheating godawful shitcunts and they're trying to take the moral highground. Fucking hilarious game today, team made up of some of the leagues thickest players acting thick as fuck shocker. Shot themselves in the foot with a machine gun. Shame it wasn't 7 or 8 because it could have been.

Bringing on a second forward was absolutely the right choice at half time but I thought withdrawing Anita was a bit odd seeing how Sissoko was absolutely fucking dreadful beyond belief in that first half. He was much better afterwards though so fair enough I spose.

Stoke (and their manager) can fuck off, so many times they foul, spoil and cheat their way to points - didn't work today.