Newcastle United vs Manchester City - Sun 12th Jan @ 2.05pm (Sky Sports 1)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't think we'll get pasted as the players will be miraculously far more motivated. 1-2 seems likely.

I know it's head in the clouds kinda thinking but would be nice if the club told us which games they're gonna be bothered to try in therefore the paying punter can make an informed decision about whether to spend their hard end money on a ticket.

Don't think we'll get pasted as the players will be miraculously far more motivated. 1-2 seems likely.

I know it's head in the clouds kinda thinking but would be nice if the club told us which games they're gonna be bothered to try in therefore the paying punter can make an informed decision about whether to spend their hard end money on a ticket.

I don't think you can lose here, even if we don't turn up at least we'll get to see good football from one side.

At the Etihad no chance. At SJP, if we frustrate them and contain them for the first half (:pards:) and then release Hatem, why not?

Work every time.

http://static.bips.channel4.com/bse/200x113/the-simpsons/series-2/episode-14/the-simpsons-s2e14_625x352.jpg

Desperately trying to resist the temptation to buy tickets for this. Probably the only time I'll be in the area this season. I'm not sure it's worth the £70 when I can just stay in the pub and watch it.

Our recent record against them is fucking appalling, as summed up by NUFC.com:

City arrive at SJP bidding for a tenth successive victory against Newcastle in all competitions, while it's fifteen games since United last won one - that a 1-0 home success in the Premier League back in September 2005.

Well have performed well in every big game this season since Cabaye came back in and Remy got fit etc etc.

I see no reason for that to change, whether that's enough to get something is another matter entirely of course.

I wouldn't mind being in a semi final but I'd rather not be bottom of the league in January. How anybody can envy that is beyond me.

Also being in the 4th round isn't an achievement for most teams. Do you envy Southend?

We've had this discussion before, I'd take winning something with relegation to the fucking Conference. The Premier league is all about the money for us, who gives a monkeys.

Conference might be a bit much but I was thinking about this the other day and broadly I think I agree with you.

Teams into the Premier League tend to fall into one of three categories:

1. Trying to win the league.

2. Trying to qualify for Europe and/or better the club year on year.

3. Trying to stay up as an achievement in itself (ie promoted clubs and the real minnows).

We're none of them, we're content to merely exist. We're not alone in this, but it brings into question what exactly the point is. Sure, we continue to feast at the top table but to what end? Where's the hope meant to be, the chance of success (in terms of the categories above), the target of glory?

This is why the cups absolutely should be a priority; specifically when we're already safe from relegation. Fucking arseholes.

We've had this discussion before, I'd take winning something with relegation to the f***ing Conference. The Premier league is all about the money for us, who gives a monkeys.

Conference might be a bit much but I was thinking about this the other day and broadly I think I agree with you.

3. Trying to stay up as an achievement in itself (ie promoted clubs and the real minnows).

We're none of them, we're content to merely exist. We're not alone in this, but it brings into question what exactly the point is. Sure, we continue to feast at the top table but to what end? Where's the hope meant to be, the chance of success (in terms of the categories above), the target of glory?

This is why the cups absolutely should be a priority; specifically when we're already safe from relegation. f***ing arseholes.

:thup: I think this is what drives a lot of the Pardew angst. With a better manager at the helm we might be able to flirt with doing something.

:lol:

The usual 'roll over for the soveriegn state' performance imo..... add to that no Colo or Debuchy,  pardew asking is to contain them for an hour .... all makes for the usual defeat from these.  OPTIMISM.

We've had this discussion before, I'd take winning something with relegation to the f***ing Conference. The Premier league is all about the money for us, who gives a monkeys.

This is why the cups absolutely should be a priority; specifically when we're already safe from relegation. f***ing arseholes.

:clap:  Top Post!!