Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Guest chopey

I had a horrific view from my seat in the Platinum club tonight and if I could post photos on here I would show them.

I had a horrific view from my seat in the Platinum club tonight and if I could post photos on here I would show them.

I once had a seat there for a match and was in a front row, the railing completely obstructs any chance of a decent view.

Seat was comfy though!

The platinum club is everything that's wrong with football.  Once went there for the Atromonis (or whatever they're called) Europa Cup game the other year just so we had access to the bar as the rules stated that the others were closed and was the only reason.      The area was like a park bench by a lake where the odd noise of a duck quacking spoilt what could have been a decent spot.

I spent more time trying to stop myself kicking off with the tut brigade who are so against anyone trying to support the team properly.

The platinum club is everything that's wrong with football.  Once went there for the Atromonis (or whatever they're called) Europa Cup game the other year just so we had access to the bar as the rules stated that the others were closed and was the only reason.      The area was like a park bench by a lake where the odd noise of a duck quacking spoilt what could have been a decent spot.

I spent more time trying to stop myself kicking off with the tut brigade who are so against anyone trying to support the team properly.

It makes more noise than the Leazes End tbf.

It makes more noise than the Leazes End tbf.

Ive not been since that European game so apologise for my complete knowledge but if what you say is true then the Leazes end need shaken up somehow.

• 1 month later...

Dont know what the record amount of season tickets sold is and how many we can actually sell that way but if things go as planned then we could be breaking records this Summer and restart talks of waiting lists or Gallowgate extensions.

Dont know what the record amount of season tickets sold is and how many we can actually sell that way but if things go as planned then we could be breaking records this Summer and restart talks of waiting lists or Gallowgate extensions.

I think it's been mentioned that they'd probably cap ST sales at 44,000 and have the rest as corporates and obviously game-by-game sales.

I think it's been mentioned that they'd probably cap ST sales at 44,000 and have the rest as corporates and obviously game-by-game sales.

Well I think we can safely say that our average next year has the potential to be the best one since the end of the 1940's then.  We've only had one season with over 52,000 since then and that was 11 years ago with a combination of Souness and then Roeder in charge. 

There was a noticeable lack of Dutch and Scandinavian day trippers in the ground last season for quite obvious reasons.

I suppose we'll be marketing a few tickets that way again now we're back in the glamour league ?

I was in platinum club for the 4-4 agaisnt arsenal, and after the third one guy turned round and yelled "Stand up, you misreable cunts." after having being tutted all game  :lol: But ye. Will never get people who go to sit in silence.

Some poor away followings will drag our average below 52K imo.

If the demand is there, which it will be, they can simply move the divide along to allow more home fans in though. They did that loads of times this season. We've averaged over 52k before by doing this. Hopefully they keep ticket prices sensible for next season.

Take it we'll be getting new cards seeing as the current one has Wonga on it?

As long as we get them in plenty of time before the first game because it wouldn't be the first time when mine came after.

What do you recon my chances of getting two new season tickets for me and the bairn are in the gallowgate corner?,been onto the club and they say no list's or owt.

Don't think you'd be able to get 2 together like. Pretty sure that when matches have gone on general sale this season there's only been the odd single seat spare in the corner. I'd just get seats as near as possible to there. It's a section that's going to continue to grow so plenty of other singers will be doing likewise.

I did think that two together might be a struggle, however the general sale thing, maybe the members or existing season ticket holders in that area bought more leading up to the general release(hoping), yer if not i'll try main gallowgate k,f blocks

I did think that two together might be a struggle, however the general sale thing, maybe the members or existing season ticket holders in that area bought more leading up to the general release(hoping), yer if not i'll try main gallowgate k,f blocks

I'm a season ticket holder and on a few occasions last season I tried to buy extra tickets as soon as they went in sale to members and could never get 2 together in the corner or even in block K which is in the middle tier and is the closest section to the corner. My ST is in block F which is in the lower tier of the corner and it's single seats only there as well.