Other clubs' transfers

TBG

I don't think there's any delusion about it really, we know we've been helped a lot with our loan signings. With that said, I think their impact has been overstated. Deulofeu has been injured for a large chunk of the season and for nearly half this season, Lukaku was either injured or playing terribly. Barry has been a big plus.

The impression I get is Barry and Deulofeu might be able to stay next season, Lukaku it's very unlikely.

We are well stocked with wing players, so I think it's likely Deulofeu will spend another year away on loan.

What's the talk of him in Barcelona? I think he looks like a fantastic prospect.

I don't think there's any delusion about it really, we know we've been helped a lot with our loan signings. With that said, I think their impact has been overstated. Deulofeu has been injured for a large chunk of the season and for nearly half this season, Lukaku was either injured or playing terribly. Barry has been a big plus.

The impression I get is Barry and Deulofeu might be able to stay next season, Lukaku it's very unlikely.

We are well stocked with wing players, so I think it's likely Deulofeu will spend another year away on loan.

From what I've seen he's better than Tello and Afellay, and I think will end up complementing that team perfectly in the future. However, as you say, there's no need to halt his development and he won't bring that much to the table now so another year or two on loan will do wonders. Would love to see him in the La Liga next season starting for a team, like Rafinha at Celta de Vigo.

What has happened to Cuenca? Hasn't played since returning from that knee injury?

Everton loaned Lacina Traore in Jan, and he's a big time prospect too! He's just been injured, unfortunately for them.

They'll do it again in the summer, just you watch. They'll manage to get good players in, while we're faffing about, with Pardew scouting imaginary players at the world cup.

I don't know where your confidence is coming from tbh, this is the first summer they have been able to get talented players to this level in and at loan at that.

There is nothing in the past that suggests that they will replace those players adequately. Also Traore is average at best and time will prove that.

Bit of a daft thing to say due to the fact Martinez wasn't the one in charge in the past.

Exactly, they managed to bring in such players this last summer, because the current manager was looking for those sorts.

Don't forget they also lost Kone for the season, and though not a world beater he did well for Martinez at Wigan, and would have likely chipped in with 10 goals or so.

If they didn't suffer injuries to Kone, Lukaku and Traore they would have done even better than they currently are doing.

They were forced to play Naismith upfront for goodness sake, and even then they didn't look as bad as you'd expect.

Everton are going places. That much I do know.

I definitely think Martinez is the right man for the job, but whether or not they'll be going places depends clearly on the owner. I think he's proven he can win things with lesser players, but can he close the gap enough to make Everton a CL side again? I certainly hope so, I like him as a manager and I like the fact that Everton aren't one of the other clubs around them. I still think we'll be seeing Everton around 6th in the coming years unless he somehow gets money to buy players like Lukaku and so on. Whatever they do, I'm certain they're in for a brighter future than us.

Will be interesting to see what Everton will be able to keep after this season. Not only replacing the players on loan but keeping their talents like Baines, Barkley and Coleman, who will be undoubtedly be targets for the cashed up clubs. Could potentially have a lot of gaps to fill, especially if they get European football.

Don't think we'll have any problems keeping those three.

If we were ever going to sell Baines it would have been in January when £20m was on the table for a soon to be 30 year old who only had a short term contract. We rejected that outright until he ended up signing a new long term deal.

If we refused to entertain selling Baines in those kind of circumstances, then there is no way Coleman and Barkley will be allowed to leave since they are younger, more valuable and already on long term deals. I expect them both to sign new deals on higher wages in the summer. Martinez said as much the other week. Stones & McCarthy are also supposed to be getting improved deals.

What's the talk of him in Barcelona? I think he looks like a fantastic prospect.

To be frank, he's been largely ignored this season (which I think it's good, let him do his thing away from our hype machines). He is acknowledged as one of our biggest prospects, mind.

What do people think the big transfer in PL be like this summer ?

Chelsea's star striker ? (And then what happens to Lukaku ? )

City's Kompany partner ?

Arsenal maybe spending a bit?

Man Utd making a lot of huff and puff, but they won't be able to offer CL

Can't see Levy bringing himself to spend after last summer, mind you.

Guest Roger Kint

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9242092/southamptons-finances-mean-no-need-to-sell-adam-lallana-luke-shaw-jay-rodriguez

Southampton's new director Hans Hofstetter insists the club will not have to sell any of their highly-prized England youngsters this summer.

Must be nice to hear people at your club saying things like this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alan-pardew-transfer-deadline-day-5775503

:whistle:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9242092/southamptons-finances-mean-no-need-to-sell-adam-lallana-luke-shaw-jay-rodriguez

Southampton's new director Hans Hofstetter insists the club will not have to sell any of their highly-prized England youngsters this summer.

Must be nice to hear people at your club saying things like this.

Fully expect us to bid £5 million for Lallana at some point over the summer.

Guest Roger Kint

I should have qualified that with "and believe it" :lol:

:lol: The last time Pardew meant it we had the Carroll sale. Southampton can say that mind but we all know Shaw will go and no doubt anyone else if the fee is good enough just like us(minus the pointless Pardew guff obviously)

I should have qualified that with "and believe it" :lol:

:lol: The last time Pardew meant it we had the Carroll sale. Southampton can say that mind but we all know Shaw will go and no doubt anyone else if the fee is good enough just like us(minus the pointless Pardew guff obviously)

Aye, there's no way Southampton are big enough to do a Liverpool/Suarez situation on a handful of their players. It's a case now of just getting the best price posisble for one or two who are looking to move to bigger clubs.