Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Think a loan for Adebayor isn't that laughable really. If he gives his usual good 6 months at a new club it'll have been worth it for them. Was great for Sherwood at Spurs.

Buying him outright would be daft obviously.

What does Brummie make of Adebayor?

Does this mean their interest in Austin has ended?

I doubt we have been interested in Austin, he just doesn't fit the style of player Sherwood has been after.

I don't mind Adebayor, with two conditions.

1. He's not the Benteke replacement.

2. It's a loan.

We need a more reliable replacement than him.

Although, back from a horrible injury, Libor Kozak is having a very good pre-season.

Actually, re Austin, the only place I've seen us discussed in relation to him is on here. There has been pretty much no talk of it "down here" as it were.

Ayew happy with Jordan though?

Think a loan for Adebayor isn't that laughable really. If he gives his usual good 6 months at a new club it'll have been worth it for them. Was great for Sherwood at Spurs.

Buying him outright would be daft obviously.

He looked unplayable at times for Sherwood, he obviously gives him the love he needs. He'll do ok for them.

Bkpcre_IYAAIfze.jpg

I have to say, it's only a few friendlies, but christ, Amavi looks a good player.

EDIT as does Idrissa Gueye, to be fair.

Managed to see a bit of Villa v Wolves. Thoroughly agree with you about the new signings, Amavi looked very good.

Amavi might be very good but how much difference can a left back really make. £9million considering the absolute state of the rest of the team is laughable.

I'd say depending on the system full backs can be the most important players. The amount of times I raged watching a Newcastle team with Carr and Babayaro playing wank there would attest to that.

Think Villa are having a good window, personally.

The Adebayor and Berbatov signings take pressure off Ayew, and between those two they get prem experience and at the very least ten goals.

Still not sure about their centre backs though.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't like brands trying to be funny and joining in on Twitter. Fuck off Tesco. Come back, pay your fucking taxes and then fuck off again into the sea.

Guest firetotheworks

See, now I know that Muller Crunch Corners are half price and so obviously I'll want to buy them now as well. It's tragic.