Other clubs' transfers

TBG

If I got offered £150k a week to play in some shit league, that i'm going to dominate, or £50k for a Premier League club,  i'm moving to China like :lol:

giphy.gif

Tbf this is getting into the realms of that hypothetical again :lol:

Kaiz :smitten:

What is the actual point in someone in their late twenties playing for a midtable team in a good league in Europe in a club they have no attachment to, rather than going to China, apart from trying to impress their national team manager? Neither are very ambitious moves. Andre Ayew or Payet don't go to Swansea or West Ham because they have a better chance of winning stuff there, they go because they get to earn way more money at far less prestigious clubs than they were at, the exact same thing that's happening here

In a far far better league than either France or China. You might as well be asking why players choose to play for Bournemouth ahead of Leeds.

What is the actual point in someone in their late twenties playing for a midtable team in a good league in Europe in a club they have no attachment to, rather than going to China, apart from trying to impress their national team manager? Neither are very ambitious moves. Andre Ayew or Payet don't go to Swansea or West Ham because they have a better chance of winning stuff there, they go because they get to earn way more money at far less prestigious clubs than they were at, the exact same thing that's happening here

In a far far better league than either France or China. You might as well be asking why players choose to play for Bournemouth ahead of Leeds.

Not really. You have a much better chance playing in the Champions League for Marseille than for West Ham or Swansea and most players see the Champions League as the pinnacle of the sport

If I got offered £150k a week to play in some shit league, that i'm going to dominate, or £50k for a Premier League club,  i'm moving to China like :lol:

giphy.gif

I've started to feel like it's a planned wind-up from you always going back to that fucking hypothetical, man :lol:

giphy.gif

Colin Kazim Richards could have stayed on at shit clubs in England playing average football on average wages but he decided to move to Turkey to play at the top of his game and earn as much ££ as he could.

Turkey is a piss league, I'd rather move to China personally.

Does that make him a bad person, should he have just been greatful that he was earning £3k a week at Sheff Utd or Brighton? Or was he a clever bloke trying to earn a living and progress his career in a lower standard of league but with more money and opportunities (Europe) for him?

giphy.gif

I've started to feel like it's a planned wind-up from you always going back to that fucking hypothetical, man :lol:

giphy.gif

I mean its not, and I'm not even intending it to seem like it. Similar topics seem to pop up  recently :lol:

Also using a Supernatural gif :rose:

We are talking about good players in the prem who are already earning really good salaries. Not Colin Kazim Richards.

Exactly, the debate is about earning a fortune or earning a bigger fortune in a league the standard of the English 3rd or 4th tier.

Football just becomes a job to a lot of players, I can't say that I wouldn't move to China for huge money if I was in my late 20s thinking about my last big contract, and at a club not competing at the top.

To put things in perspective from a Payet point of view, while our academy players get pampered from a young age, Payet was working in a clothes shop at the same time as trying to make it as a player in the Nantes Academy to supplement his income after coming over from Reunion on his own in his early teens.

If he wants to make £130k a week in China, good luck to him imo.

Football just becomes a job to a lot of players, I can't say that I wouldn't move to China for huge money if I was in my late 20s thinking about my last big contract, and at a club not competing at the top.

Do you think foreigners come to play in England because they want the challenge or because it's the best paying league? Why do you think the likes of West Ham and Stoke are able to sign such good players these days?

If the money is better in China, they'll go to China.  The money is currently best in England, so they all come to England.

The premiership is widely regarded as the best league in the world (regardless of personal opinion) and its certainly the most watched league in the world. Unless you are playing for a handful of club sides in Europe, there's no better place to play.

Because of its popularity, it also pays the best, meaning it is a magnet to foreign footballers.

Most good European players won't go and play in China because, well, it's China. So far, they have signed no one of note.

TCD if a Chinese club come in for Gini next week, and offer us £35 million, and offer Gini £100,000 per week, and he leaves, you think that's fair enough? And if you were in his situation and that happened you would leave? Honest question.

Guest palnese

TCD if a Chinese club come in for Gini next week, and offer us £35 million, and offer Gini £100,000 per week, and he leaves, you think that's fair enough? And if you were in his situation and that happened you would leave? Honest question.

100k? lol bye

Have you ignored all my posts?

Gini is a 25 year old Dutchman who has a good chance of playing at another world cup, a European Champs and probably if he plays well will have his shot at a mega rich European club in the next couple of years. If I was him, I wouldn't move to China now.

Myself, i'm a similar age with the added incentive of being born in the richest footballing country. Of course I wouldn't leave. However, if  the Eredivisie was the richest league in the world, attracted a lot of top talent and the PL was a 2nd or 3rd grade league and I was playing for Liverpool but FC Den Bosch offered to triple my wages - I would go. If I was Charlie Insomnia - i'd look to move but only if Villa paid up the difference between the rest of my contract and the new clubs offer. Otherwise, i'd try my best in training, pick up the cheque - play in the reserves if necessary. I wouldn't be happy to not play and based on ability I don't know why he doesn't get a game.

Point is - I can understand why people born into real poverty, that have already travelled halfway across the globe to play for football clubs that don't even care for - would sign for a Chinese club at the age of 29 or 30 having realistically already accomplished everything they can in European football if that meant securing the financial future of generations of friends and family.

Jackson Martinez was playing in Mexico as recently has 2012. His 3 years at Porto after taxes - how much would he have earned? Moving to China for a year he would accumulate all of his previous earnings in a year.

Ramires has achieved all he can in Europe. His only option going forward is knock about for the likes of West Ham United or back to continental Europe. He hasn't played for Brazil at all since the World Cup I believe. Get your money.

Texeira is the youngest and his choice is probably the hardest to understand. And even then, this is a man from the bottom of Brazil. He's 26 - after taxes how much is he worth? Less than Shelvey I assume. I think it's a tad early for him but I don't begrudge anyone coming from such harsh upbringings choosing financial security for generations over a game.

Colin Kazim Richards could have stayed on at shit clubs in England playing average football on average wages but he decided to move to Turkey to play at the top of his game and earn as much ££ as he could.

Turkey is a piss league, I'd rather move to China personally.

Does that make him a bad person, should he have just been greatful that he was earning £3k a week at Sheff Utd or Brighton? Or was he a clever bloke trying to earn a living and progress his career in a lower standard of league but with more money and opportunities (Europe) for him?

What a bizarre example. Kazim Richards has played in the Champions League and Europa League for several big clubs, which he wouldn't have done if he'd stayed in the English lower leagues. It also improved his international prospects playing in his 'home' league.

Aren't there only 4 foreign players per team allowed for each Chinese club? So a max of say 80 players then.

Who gives a fuck? They're not taking the Messi's and Neymar's they're taking players who would otherwise maybe be in a top 6-8 PL team if they're lucky.

Couldn't care less if some more people get richer tbh.

Aren't there only 4 foreign players per team allowed for each Chinese club? So a max of say 80 players then.

Who gives a f***? They're not taking the Messi's and Neymar's they're taking players who would otherwise maybe be in a top 6-8 PL team if they're lucky.

Jackson Martinez would get games for top sides in England. Ramires did for 3/4 years. Liverpool wanted the other lad.

Who gives a f***? They're not taking the Messi's and Neymar's they're taking players who would otherwise maybe be in a top 6-8 PL team if they're lucky.

Jackson Martinez would get games for top sides in England. Ramires did for 3/4 years. Liverpool wanted the other lad.

Fair enough, but they're hardly cream of the crop players. Could be but haven't been.

Surely they're just limited in who will go there at the moment... will be interesting to see how long that lasts.

Well haven't the UAE been paying the likes of Gyan £250k per week for the last few years? Hardly like top class players are flocking there either.

Fair point. Ideally they need a more MLS approach to building a credible league, but don't know how if that's the plan.  And it takes a long time.