Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Can't get my head round how mental transfer fees have become now :lol:

Lukaku is quality and guarantees goals in the PL but £75m is just absolutely nuts.

Which is exactly why we should not be pissing around in the bargain bucket market. By some potential for big money and more than likely double it if they do well. 

Clichy to some Turkish club.

Why aren't we on that? Has he gone to s***?

Suppose he doesn't fit the Ashley signing profile at all like.

Aye, i wouldn't buy any of City's FBs personally as most of them are pretty crap now. Not to mention the wages.

Clichy to some Turkish club.

Why aren't we on that? Has he gone to s***?

Suppose he doesn't fit the Ashley signing profile at all like.

Aye, i wouldn't buy any of City's FBs personally as most of them are pretty crap now. Not to mention the wages.

32 this month as well. Thought he'd be younger despite being around forever.

Guest firetotheworks

Really surprised that we're not in for him mind, particularly at that price.

He's a former Nigerian U17 star, which means he could legitimately be significantly older than 20.

Yeah but at least he doesn't look 48 or something like some "youngsters" from there do :lol:

Nigeria have won 5 U17 World Cups and been runner up 3 times. Way more than any other country. That success never translates to U20 or full team, and the significant majority of the winning players disappear into thin air.

If they aren't fiddling the ages I'd be amazed.

Doesn't feel like a chance we'll be paying £20m+ for anyone.

Well we will be going straight back down then. I reckon we need to spend that on Striker and maybe attacking midfielder. The bar has been set by other smaller clubs this year and other teams will just raise prices now. It's mental really, but we have to compete unless we have a grand plan for sourcing from abroad. Mind we have the right manager to get the most of players we bring in.

I don't think we have to spend massive on every player, but in a few key positions we really do. I can't believe we aren't trying to compete for Ineacho, Giroud or Batshuayi - or maybe we are and they don't want to sign