Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Admittedly based on nothing much but it feels like the biggest signings we'll make will be release clauses because the market has moved on substantially from what we apparently believe offers 'value'. When the likes of Bournemouth are quoted £20m for Ake and are willing to actually pay it, if we're not prepared to compete at that level on fees we'll simply not get who we really want. Selling clubs aren't daft, they know we have these stupid amounts of money available.

Our second biggest transfer was over 20 years ago. :lol:

Admittedly based on nothing much but it feels like the biggest signings we'll make will be release clauses because the market has moved on substantially from what we apparently believe offers 'value'. When the likes of Bournemouth are quoted £20m for Ake and are willing to actually pay it, if we're not prepared to compete at that level on fees we'll simply not get who we really want. Selling clubs aren't daft, they know we have the money.

Wasn't Winjaldum our 2nd most expensive signing?

Iheanacho for that price is "value" ffs, it's pretty cheap for a young player who has scored goals and will only continue to improve.

We're mugs for not being interested, but at least we'll save £17m and get some shite second rate French prick to become Riviere II eh. Every cloud #value

I genuinely don't know why people are upset by not spending 25m on someone who has played for like 5 minutes.

There's no real proof he's going to be amazing or anything, he just hasn't had enough playing time to know whether he's going to be great.

We have turned down opportunities to sign much better players for less than Iheanacho, I'm just not convinced he's going to live up to the hype.

He might but in no way is he going to be a sure fire hit.

I genuinely don't know why people are upset by not spending 25m on someone who has played for like 5 minutes.

There's no real proof he's going to be amazing or anything, he just hasn't had enough playing time to know whether he's going to be great.

We have turned down opportunities to sign much better players for less than Iheanacho, I'm just not convinced he's going to live up to the hype.

He might but in no way is he going to be a sure fire hit.

Good point, spending money on anyone at all is far too risky.

Yeah because that's what I'm saying :anguish:, just people are acting like he's a sure fire 20 a season scorer.

If he was as good as you all seem to think, better teams than Leicester would be signing him.

As I said we have rejected the chance to sign much better players than him before and nobody reacted so negatively to it.

Think he is just an expensive gamble, because it's really hard to evaluate someone who we've only seen in the most creative side in the division when he's played (and often in circumstances where they've been heavy favourites to win or chasing the game).

Still, you have to be quality to score at a rate like he has, but his overall game hasn't shown much just yet.

Even ignoring the fact we haven't ever spent anywhere near £25m, maybe at this current time with the budget we have he'd be seen as too much of a risk on someone the data/video is sorely lacking on?

Guest neesy111

I'm not convinced by him so not that bothered, though if we really want to mean business than spending £25m on a striker or a number 10 should be done.

Think he is just an expensive gamble, because it's really hard to evaluate someone who we've only seen in the most creative side in the division when he's played (and often in circumstances where they've been heavy favourites to win or chasing the game).

Still, you have to be quality to score at a rate like he has, but his overall game hasn't shown much just yet.

Even ignoring the fact we haven't ever spent anywhere near £25m, maybe at this current time with the budget we have he'd be seen as too much of a risk on someone the data/video is sorely lacking on?

Exactly what I'm saying, I agree on bit about he obviously has quality to score at the rate he has mind.

I'm just not seeing the must buy or regret it level of player it feels like everyone else is seeing.

Not that it matters as we are never going to spend 25m on someone, which I thought we all knew.

Exactly what I'm saying, I agree on bit about he obviously has quality to score at the rate he has mind.

I'm just not seeing the must buy or regret it level of player it feels like everyone else is seeing.

People just nervous that we've got 3-4 glaring holes in the squad and no word on players to fill them, it's fairly understandable.

I'd hope for another significant breakthrough by early next week to calm things again and keep the momentum going.

Valid point.

Lukaku's record seems poor against better sides. Poor link up play as well.

Although I thought Costa might struggle in a side that can't play on the counter all the time and he didn't. He's a much better all round player imo.

Lukaku has plenty of time to work on his game though.

Admittedly based on nothing much but it feels like the biggest signings we'll make will be release clauses because the market has moved on substantially from what we apparently believe offers 'value'. When the likes of Bournemouth are quoted £20m for Ake and are willing to actually pay it, if we're not prepared to compete at that level on fees we'll simply not get who we really want. Selling clubs aren't daft, they know we have the money.

Wasn't Winjaldum our 2nd most expensive signing?

:lol:

Glad you're back dude. :thup: