Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Wow Huddersfield making a real go at things, good for them, got a feeling they will be more than just cannon fodder next year:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40503864

Broke their transfer record three times in as many weeks I think!

Huddersfield Town

In

Laurent Depoitre (FC Porto) Undisclosed Details

Aaron Mooy (Man City) £8m Details

Jonas Lossl (Mainz) Loan Details

Tom Ince (Derby County) Undisclosed Details

Kasey Palmer (Chelsea) Loan Details

Danny Williams (Reading) Free Details

Steve Mounie (Montpellier) Undisclosed Details

Scott Malone (Fulham) Undisclosed Details

Fair play for having a go.

They're signing Mathias Jorgensen from Copenhagen too. Questionable quality of their signings, but they're only Huddersfield and getting 9 players in by now is good going. At least they'll have them in from first game of pre-season to settle in.

I think it's disappointing that we don't have more in at this point.

Rooney to Everton been mentioned yet? Nice touch I guess to go back rather than off to China or such, however one has to question some of the romance when he has reportedly refused to take a pay cut, so it's going to be a loan move with each club paying half of his wages which is very odd. I wonder if it'll be the only loan move that stipulates he has to play for Everton against Man U, can't see him being so much better than anyone there he will be first choice anyway assuming they get a Lukaku replacement  :lol:

They could be dangerous if Wagner gets them organised. He did well with the loan / cheap signings last year and seems a good manager. Wouldn't be surprised if they stay up

If they stay up, it's because 3 other teams were shite... if that makes sense.

Rooney to Everton been mentioned yet? Nice touch I guess to go back rather than off to China or such, however one has to question some of the romance when he has reportedly refused to take a pay cut, so it's going to be a loan move with each club paying half of his wages which is very odd. I wonder if it'll be the only loan move that stipulates he has to play for Everton against Man U, can't see him being so much better than anyone there he will be first choice anyway assuming they get a Lukaku replacement  :lol:

If hes not taking a significant pay cut Everton should let him just fuck off to China.

Well its been rejected, apparently :lol:

£20m+ could get you a much, much better than Troy Deeney.

Not anymore it doesn't. Have you seen the prices being quoted nowadays?!  :lol:

You can buy Javier Hernandez for £12m.

Different type of striker - but a much, much better one and Leicester already have an identical type striker in Slimani that they spent £30m on last season.

Hernandez might cost £12m but I can't imagine he'd want to sit on the bench and be the backup to Jamie Vardy. I think the logic of Troy Deeney is a player that combines the attributes of Okazaki and Slimani/Ulloa.

arsenal should go and spaff £50m on bonucci or someone equally good and sign an utter monster (carvalho maybe) in midfield and they'd have good season if they keep sanchez in that setup

shame that's what everyone has been saying for a decade

Completely disagree. The problem with the current Arsenal side isn't anything like what people think it is. As opposed to 5 years ago, they now drastically lack technical ball players in central midfield, attacking midfield and wide playmaker. The positionless playmakers that became Arsenal's cliche have almost completely disappeared.

Coquelin, Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey in the centre. Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Iwobi as wide options.

They basically have a load of sort-of destroyers in the middle (save for Ramsey, who flatters to decieve) and speed merchants out wide. I'm not necessarily saying any of these are bad players, but they're certainly not title winning decisive players. If they were to lose Ozil their squad looks desperately lacking in this area.

Signing a world class centre back and midfield destroyer would improve them but nowhere near as much as people make out. They more clearly need an injection of flair, creativity and skill. And FWIW, there's absolutely no chance Bonucci would sign for Arsenal.

I don't think those midfield options are particularly dreadful, but those wide players...

Rennes have contacted Chelsea about a move for Loic Remy, according to L'Equipe.

Totally forgot he existed.

The guy just wasted away on their bench the last few years. Terrible stuff considering his talent.

Wow Huddersfield making a real go at things, good for them, got a feeling they will be more than just cannon fodder next year:

Huddersfield Town

In

Would we be happy with those signings?

Huddersfield Town

In

Would we be happy with those signings?

I'm glad Danny Williams will get a chance in the PL. He's been one of Reading's better players the past few seasons.

Guest neesy111

£75 million fee agreed for Lukaku to Man Utd

In today's market, I'd say that's a decent price.  :anguish: