Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest neesy111

Name me a club that would have 5 left backs on their books?  I'm sure if we get rid of a few them we'd be in for him and this is where are ridiculous squad size is causing issues

Five?

Dummett is our first choice and he barely passes as a footballer. Also he's out for three months. [emoji38] Gamez and Lazaar are out of contract next summer anyway, so it would be an understandable overlap. Well, for anyone normal.

Lazaar's contract is until 2021 according to nufc.com.

Are you talking about haidara?

Guest neesy111

Ah yeah, sorry. Anyway, point still stands. Not that Haidara will be on much. And who's the fifth? Sterry?

No, if brought in Gibbs we would have 5 which would be ridiculous for a fullback position.  We don't even have 5 strikers.

It's a no goer in anycase, be surprised if we would pay his wages and even more surprised if he would want to leave to london.

Still think a new LB will be dependent on shifting haidara and lazaar out though.

Another player along with Maguire and Gray who I was hoping we would sign. Obviously some of these players would be unrealistic for a few reasons - North East, club just coming up, personal reasons (Defoe) but just look at a team a combination of bottom half teams could field this season. These aren't your top 6 or Everton, these everyone of these clubs finished 11th or lower last season and 3 months or so ago when when the 70-100m was being talked about, you'd have hoped they would be the teams we could compete with

-----------------------------------Begovic--------------------------------------

Zabaleta----------Zouma---------------------Maguire------------------Gibbs

------------------------Iborra--------------Chaloba-----------------------------

Arnautovic------------------------------------------------------------------Jese

----------------------Iheanacho--------Hernandez------------------------------

Subs - Hart, Ake, Mooy, Defoe, Loftus-Cheek, Gray

Just seen that Bournemouth actually finished 9th in the end, so you could draft in Hart if you were being pedantic but the point still stands, a lot of those clubs we would want to be competing with (before our tight budget became apparent) and I'd argue every single one of that XI would get into our team - I'd maybe have Shelvey ahead of one of those CMs but everyone else would have been a massive improvement. However we know that most will either cost £20+m or be on over £100,000 a week and ultimately out of our range.

Yet here we are signing Mackem flops, Stoke cast offs and bit part players from lat season for a whopping combined fee of £15m. Murphy looked a good signing - young, potential, affiliation to the club, but when you spend a net of £25m, a promising 21 year old, not guaranteed to start should not have been high up the list.

Rumor that we are on the verge of selling André Gomes to Juve for €20m.

There's lots of deadwood that I'd clear before selling him, tbf. Deserved another season.

He was absolute shite last season, but there's something hilarious about €20m + Andre Gomes for Paulinho.

Mignolet left out of the Liverpool squad today and not injured or ill apparently so looks like he'll be off somewhere and Liverpool will need another keeper

Mirallas going back to Olympiakos too. Sure he could do better than that

Guest neesy111

If the Gibbs fee really is £5 million then I cannot believe we wouldn't be in for that, makes no sense

We won't pay the wages he's on and I suspect he'll want to stay in London.  It's a no goer.

If the Gibbs fee really is £5 million then I cannot believe we wouldn't be in for that, makes no sense

We won't pay the wages he's on and I suspect he'll want to stay in London.  It's a no goer.

Aye, maybe we've sounded him out and he's relayed that us. So it's not really us not wanting him but him not wanting us. Does seem like a missed opportunity mind.