Other clubs' transfers

TBG

How do you even go about replacing Suarez, given his goal return and his partnership with Sturridge looking very effective? Financially, a good deal, but I'm not convinced Benzema could step in and get the goals Suarez does for them.

I don't know what it would take to keep Suarez at Liverpool (regular CL football? Title challenge?) but they have to bust a gut to make it happen.

He's absolutely not :lol: my mates watch him each week.

Anyway, now "I drove your car into a big wall" is repeating in my head.

He is very poor under crosses but could do alright in Spain with less crosses coming in. You would think Barca would want somebody with a bit better ball skills similar to Valdes

Properly motivated, Benzema could be a star (and he was for Real Madrid in their title-winning season), but the guy has no mettle or drive whatsoever.

Can't help feel he could have been a great striker had he not gone to Real. There's an excellent striker in him, I'm convinced of that.

Suarez is on a different planet to him though currently.

Seems more and more to be a player that needs to be the focus of the team with an arm round the shoulder from the managers and fans on his side type player. Still good anyway like, obviously.

Properly motivated, Benzema could be a star (and he was for Real Madrid in their title-winning season), but the guy has no mettle or drive whatsoever.

Can't help feel he could have been a great striker had he not gone to Real. There's an excellent striker in him, I'm convinced of that.

Its funny that everyone says this and its true tbf.... the cancerous environment of Madrid doesn't help at all but when you at his numbers alone you would think he's an excellent striker as is.

His last 3 seasons.... read 20-20, 32-15 and 26-9.

CL record is up there with anyone in last 3 seasons not named Messi or Ronaldo with 19 and 11 in 29 games.

He's obviously in poor form so far this year though.... but one thing that should be mentioned is the Ronaldo dynamic, while Benzema is the Real Madrid CF in reality Ronaldo is the focal point and the striker at Madrid doesn't get the chances Ronaldo does and the striker is really nothing more than a support player.

Would Suarez shine in such an environment? i'm not so sure he would.

As for Benzema he'll get a lot more respect away from Madrid and his performances will likely be more consistent to go with his impressive numbers.

He like Higuain and Ozil should have left in the summer.

Attitude wise Benzema has always struck me as a Dimitar Berbatov type. Can produce world class stuff when he's up for it, but is a total liability when he can't really be arsed.

Guest Roger Kint

Seems more and more to be a player that needs to be the focus of the team with an arm round the shoulder from the managers and fans on his side type player. Still good anyway like, obviously.

Was just going to post this myself :thup:

Has looked like a player desperately in need of leaving RM for ages.

Tbh i feel that Madrid is a cancer of a club.... almost all of their players don't perform to the best of their ability or don't get the respect they probably deserve.

Mainly due to their ridiculous fan base and their ridiculous expectations..... they make Liverpool fans look normal.

Pretty much every star that has left them end being better off.... i expect Ozil and Higuain to be better off and i also would expect Benzema to be better off if he left and Di Maria for that matter.

Tbh i feel that Madrid is a cancer of a club.... almost all of their players don't perform to the best of their ability or don't get the respect they probably deserve.

Mainly due to their ridiculous fan base and their ridiculous expectations..... they make Liverpool fans look normal.

Pretty much every star that has left them end being better off.... i expect Ozil and Higuain to be better off and i also would expect Benzema to be better off if he left and Di Maria for that matter.

considering what they spend and well the opposition in spain not exactly being numerous its not precisely ridiculous for them to have high expectations. The problem as always has been ridiculous decision making in the last 10 years and this is no more obvious than in the transfer market where players are bought not to fit in to some philosophy or if the head coach really wants him but because "Real Madrid must buy big names don't bother with minor details like do we actually need him in any fashion and can the money be better spend on some nobody defender or defensive midfielder they won't bring media attention!"

The true greats will show their worth at Madrid:

Ronaldo

Zidane

CRonaldo

etc.

Ozil was excellent for them too, it was mental they got rid of him.

Not the only ones tbf.... Sneijder and Robben were both excellent too but again didn't get any respect so sold them and won CL with their new clubs :lol:

Also even Zidane wasn't at his best in Madrid.... for me the best of his career came at Juventus.

considering what they spend and well the opposition in spain not exactly being numerous its not precisely ridiculous for them to have high expectations. The problem as always has been ridiculous decision making in the last 10 years and this is no more obvious than in the transfer market where players are bought not to fit in to some philosophy or if the head coach really wants him but because "Real Madrid must buy big names don't bother with minor details like do we actually need him in any fashion and can the money be better spend on some nobody defender or defensive midfielder they won't bring media attention!"

There's only one man actually responsible for that, and fortunately they haven't noticed it yet and he's adored by their gullible fans.

And he just amended the Real Madrid statutes so it's practically impossible to run against him - to a big round of applause and 90%+ support. Long may it continue.

The true greats will show their worth at Madrid:

Ronaldo

Zidane

CRonaldo

etc.

Ozil was excellent for them too, it was mental they got rid of him.

Not the only ones tbf.... Sneijder and Robben were both excellent too but again didn't get any respect so sold them and won CL with their new clubs :lol:

Also even Zidane wasn't at his best in Madrid.... for me the best of his career came at Juventus.

Sneijder has never been a true excellent player except for 18 months with Jose. Robben was brilliant for them aye. As was Higuain who was very popular with the fans. As is Di Maria, Alonso etc. The fans like any player with heart that performs well like any other.

There's only one man actually responsible for that, and fortunately they haven't noticed it yet and he's adored by their gullible fans.

And he just amended the Real Madrid statutes so it's practically impossible to run against him - to a big round of applause and 90%+ support. Long may it continue.

how can they fall for it again after the first galáctico era was a failure? Or do they just enjoy the yearly sight of some overpriced ego playing keepy uppy compared to actually winning trophies by sensibly investing such a huge amount of money

• 2 weeks later...

"Real Madrid have upped their interest in Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkai Gundogan, by now reaching agreement with the German club over the privilege of first priority in the event that the German international, under contract until 2015, becomes available."

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/real-madrid-have-reached-a-first-priority-agreement-with-borussia-dortmund-for-ilkai-gundogan-marca/

"Real Madrid have upped their interest in Borussia Dortmund’s Ilkai Gundogan, by now reaching agreement with the German club over the privilege of first priority in the event that the German international, under contract until 2015, becomes available."

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/real-madrid-have-reached-a-first-priority-agreement-with-borussia-dortmund-for-ilkai-gundogan-marca/

I rate Gundogan highly, one of my favorites playing the game right now.

His father denied the other day that was any agreement with Madrid and Dortmund, although Gundogan did say he does want to play abroad in the future.

Was linked with Man United before he went to Dortmund iirc.

I rate Gundogan highly, one of my favorites playing the game right now.

:thup:

Excellent player.

Can't really compare Sahin and Gundogan really.... Sahin is a very static midfielder who struggles to escape his markers and not that great at pressing.

Gundogan is a great dribbler who presses exceedingly well and has the dynamism to escape his markers which Sahin doesn't.

He'll shine at any club in the world... Madrid, Barca etc etc doesn't matter he'll be great.