Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Bit of a shocker if they do end up with both..which is what they are dead set on. Will still be lacking in Midfield and defence though.

Seems like a move of Madness from Defoe, but money talks. As long Hodgson has told him it won't effect his chances of making the world cup squad, provided he is playing and playing well, then i don't think its a problem.

Wish Whitecaps would stop faffing and appoint a new manager.

Guest Roger Kint

defoe to toronto according to the mirror

Looks like virtually a done deal based on some Canadian bloke on the radio today. Talk of a 4 year deal? :lol:

Wonder who Spurs go to now in January with Adebayor still there and no doubt desperate to go.

Wait ... thought this Defoe deal was for the summer.

Is he not in with a shout of the England team at all.

Think he should be on England's bench at the world cup, as he does such a great job coming off the bench to score goals for Spurs. He's used to that role now.

Guest palnese

Strange if he goes now as it will propbably jeopardize his chances of going to Brazil.

I'd rather go on a loan to another PL club, then fuck off after the WC, if anything.

Guest Roger Kint

Strange if he goes now as it will propbably jeopardize his chances of going to Brazil.

I'd rather go on a loan to another PL club, then fuck off after the WC, if anything.

They are saying his family have been over a few times, like you say its a strange one in terms of timing. Doesnt the MLS resume after the group stage? Shouldnt affect his England chances at all in that case :lol:

The MLS starts again in March so I'm assuming Toronto will want him the, especially if they are paying £6m for him as well.

I'm pleased, Defoe wil score a bucket load of goals there and Toronto may not finish last as they usually do.

The MLS starts again in March so I'm assuming Toronto will want him the, especially if they are paying £6m for him as well.

I'm pleased, Defoe wil score a bucket load of goals there and Toronto may not finish last as they usually do.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't, at least initially. Plenty of quality forwards (Henry, Di Vaio, Dempsey in recent years) have struggled to adapt at first. Defoe's more than capable of performing at a high level and I don't doubt that he will eventually.

Adding Defoe alone won't make TFC competitive though.