Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Pedro and Alexis are both workhorses, too. Neymar does put in a shift although he tends to bounce off people he tries to mark.

Imho one of the resons Alexis and Pedro had both two average to bad seasons was they tended to do too much defensive work, Martino has changed the defensive setup a bit and has enabled them to have more freedom to go forward.

I liked Berbatov until this season. I didn't realise quite how far he was prepared to take his 'I don't give a s***, I'm far too good to work to help out the team' schtick. He could never play for a team that expects everyone to work hard.

Messi must be above the law then.

Messi's above everything.

Juan Agudelo's work permit was rejected, so he's not going to Stoke. Kind of a weird one, the deal's been in place for months and they're just now making the decision. Some over here blaming Greg Dyke, hope this doesn't start a trend of rejecting permits for young foreign players for the sake of shoehorning English players into the league.

Juan Agudelo's work permit was rejected, so he's not going to Stoke. Kind of a weird one, the deal's been in place for months and they're just now making the decision. Some over here blaming Greg Dyke, hope this doesn't start a trend of rejecting permits for young foreign players for the sake of shoehorning English players into the league.

I actually hope it does. Too many average foreign players here because of cheapness. 

Surely he's just been rejected for lack of caps over the last 2 years. Happens all the time.

That's what I thought initially, but Stoke don't seem to think so. Sounds like the process went differently than normal and they weren't able to appeal for some reason.

Could be a blessing in disguise. I don't think he's ready to make the jump. Could use a full year in MLS or another lesser league.

I didn't see much of him with the Revs, but I figure the same. Hopefully he goes to Holland or France, there's still a lot of developing for him to do. I couldn't believe a Premier League team would be interested in the first place.

gotta love headlines, from guardian webpage the title is

No new striker in January - Wenger

In the article

Wenger did not rule out an attempt to bring in another forward but he did acknowledge it is a troublesome time to strike deals for the right players to fit into a title-challenging jigsaw. He expressed regret that in the past he has found it difficult to strengthen in mid-season and his team suffered the consequences over the second half of the campaign.

in this article

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/22/arsene-wenger-arsenal-theo-walcott

FFS  :lol: