Other clubs' transfers

TBG

bear in mind there's a strong chance they might also lose lovren & schneiderlin if rumours are anything to go by

They're a genuine threat to our balance sheet champions trophy. We need to shift a few on or the cunts will make even more money than us. 

Guest firetotheworks

We've appointed Roy Keane as assistant manager.

What could possibly go wrong there?

We'll laugh at you, you'll cry. You'll laugh at us, we'll cry. Deal?

not disagreeing with you like, but they have a new manager and might have to replace 5-6 first team players in order to start the season where they left off

no easy feat

fucking pardewed myself :lol:

:lol:  they do yeah, but I think they are in a good position to do so

problem is every club under the sun is fully aware of the fact they have money to spend since just the Shaw and Lallana deals are high profile meaning any players they want get that bit more expensive as other clubs try to rip them off. Thats assuming the owner decides to let the full amount go to replacing them which is debatable

Anyway ... it's looking as though Emenike will join Chelsea, so yet another top Nigerian player for Mourinho to castrate. Great.

woah!  is he any good?  surely not at chelsea's level anyway

They'll no doubt have him as a bench scrub. He'll do better than Torres and Eto'o did last year though. I can see why Mourinho would like him because he's very competitive and physical. So he'll suit the more direct Chelsea approach.

Allow the Southampton pity please. They have appointed a manager that is at least 10 times better than ours, and are getting disgusting amounts of money for these players they are selling. They will invest a lot of it, and so will have the opportunity to do as well as last season, and even better.

Anyway ... it's looking as though Emenike will join Chelsea, so yet another top Nigerian player for Mourinho to castrate. Great.

They'll no doubt have him as a bench scrub. He'll do better than Torres and Eto'o did last year though. I can see why Mourinho would like him because he's very competitive and physical. So he'll suit the more direct Chelsea approach.

wonder what he doesn't see in ba, ba has the same attributes and imo looks 10x the finisher this nigerian lad seems

wonder what he doesn't see in ba, ba has the same attributes and imo looks 10x the finisher this nigerian lad seems

It'll probably be Costa, Ba and Emenike. I imagine he wants three options for that central striker role. Torres and Eto'o are done.

Spurs showed you can resist a lot until the offer is too good to turn down. £60m for those 2 players is brilliant. But to me it looks like a fire sale rather than a Levy move.

I'd have said fire sale because of the ownership change, but getting Koeman in is a bit of a...er..coup. He'll have an excellent youth system plus a fair wodge of cash to remodel the team the way he wants.

It'll probably be Costa, Ba and Emenike. I imagine he wants three options for that central striker role. Torres and Eto'o are done.

wonder why the costa deal has stalled

Emenike can play as a right forward too though can't he? Could see Mou using him there to hit teams on the counter.

Spurs showed you can resist a lot until the offer is too good to turn down. £60m for those 2 players is brilliant. But to me it looks like a fire sale rather than a Levy move.

I'd have said fire sale because of the ownership change, but getting Koeman in is a bit of a...er..coup. He'll have an excellent youth system plus a fair wodge of cash to remodel the team the way he wants.

Lob 5m in the youth system, tell people you want to GROW rather than be one of those disgusting teams that just buys their way to success, reduce overheads (players) but improve (cheap) assets behind the scenes. SELL.

they clearly still plan on staying in the division. Probably getting jealous of Fat Mike's pockets. Their losses where unsustainable but they'll be more than fine now and could tick along nicely with that youth set-up.

wonder why the costa deal has stalled

He's trying to force through a move back to Brazil to replace Fred [/obvious]

Very difficult re-building job ahead of Southampton, but it doesn't always go the way of Spurs if it's done correctly. If they re-invest all the money raised from player sales, then good luck to them. :thup: