Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Is he fast and strong but lacking technique, by any chance?

No, not particularly. Ideye is a good all-around player, tbh, but not a great athlete (for Nigerian striker standards, anyway. :lol: he has above average strength and quickness) or someone with any real outstanding attributes. He is a hard working, mildly intelligent player, with an eye for goal.

West Brom have brought him at a strange point of his career, though. Last season, he was fighting with his manager, who essentially discarded him after Kiev signed Mbokani (he really didn't get to play much last season). Also he has been in fairly horrendous form for the national team for a bit of time and Keshi dropped him from the squad entirely. The move will be a success if he rediscovers his old club or ACN 2013 form, but I would definitely not make him my record signing based on recent results.

are liverpool just buying every fucker? jesus, they'll have some squad

fwiw I still think they need some kind of killer striker to win the league, but that'd cost them well over 20-30m

they need an aguero/suarez/shola to be the cherry on the top

That will end up looking a fucking rip-off like.  Canny player but wouldn't you say he's at a similar level to Remy Cabella, yet they paid 3 times the price?

Yes, I know they're different players with different qualities.

From the bits I've seen of Chambers he looks to be an outstanding prospect. Think he'll have a much better career than Clyne.

Aye he does, the money has surprised me a bit though. around 16m according to Sky.

If he actually develops at Arsenal, at least England will have a RB who isn't Johnson or Walker.

Guest Craig-NUFC

They want upwards of £25m for Schneiderlin.

Rumours in Spain of Griezmann going to Atletico.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC

I'm told Arsenal want Morgan Schneiderlin AND Callum Chambers from Southampton. Spurs have also made an enquiry for Jay Rodriguez

they're going down

Aye. Feel really sorry for their fans, as we all know seeing your club run by people who have no interest to be competitive is about as shitty as it gets.

What is happening to Southampton is disgusting. The audacity to challenge near the top of the table, beat some of the teams above them, well we can't be having that can we. So they get stripped bare by the richer clubs. This is no longer a sporting competition on any level playing field, and won't be until some kind of wage cap or something similar is introduced, so that the best team wins, with the best players and the best manager, not just the latest rich kid bastards on the block. Football and especially the Premier League is no fun at all.

What is happening to Southampton is disgusting. The audacity to challenge near the top of the table, beat some of the teams above them, well we can't be having that can we. So they get stripped bare by the richer clubs. This is no longer a sporting competition on any level playing field, and won't be until some kind of wage cap or something similar is introduced, so that the best team wins, with the best players and the best manager, not just the latest rich kid b******s on the block. Football and especially the Premier League is no fun at all.

It's not disgusting when Southampton have been willing sellers in every case.

They haven't fought to keep any of these players, only to have their asking price met.

The new TV deal and the fact they have a mega rich owner means they weren't under any financial pressure to sell. They obviously are looking at a buy low, sell high strategy. Better yet, some of these players are academy lads that they think they can replace from within.

Whether they will still be competitive next year is another matter but that's the gamble they are taking. I won't be shedding any tears for them.

Guest Roger Kint

Who have they brought in? :lol:

Dušan Tadić and Graziano Pellè  :scared:

£20m on those as well, huge risk. Everyone will be out to shaft them with all that cash.

Guest chopey

They could potentially have a whole new team at this rate I reckon there manager will be the first to go with the vulture out of work managers Lennon and moyles hovering