Other clubs' transfers

TBG

incidentally does anyone know why juve fans hated that manager so much when he was appointed?

Because Conte was a legend as a player and as a manager took them from 7th to the league title and back to where they probably consider they " belong ".

Tottenham are apparently willing to pay Burnley 12m compensation to Burlney for Ings

Wow ... great for Burnley.

Completely forgot compensation was due.

We're definitely in with no chance then.

incidentally does anyone know why juve fans hated that manager so much when he was appointed?

Because Conte was a legend as a player and as a manager took them from 7th to the league title and back to where they probably consider they " belong ".

It's more to do with his Milan connections.

Ings and Austin have really impressed me this season, from the very little I've seen of them. Seem like two very decent players who should start week in week out in this league. Would love to see one of them play for us.

I'm always wary of one-season wonders coming from the Championship but sometimes you need to take a risk to get the rewards. Out of the two I'd go for Austin as I think he's more grounded and likely to put the graft in, not to mention I think he's also the better striker.

I'm always wary of one-season wonders coming from the Championship but sometimes you need to take a risk to get the rewards. Out of the two I'd go for Austin as I think he's more grounded and likely to put the graft in, not to mention I think he's also the better striker.

I'd be of the opposite opinion. Ings is younger and a better all round player IMO

Not seen much of Austin but i really like Ings all round game. From what i've seen he's good at keeping possession and seems to have decent vision and wary of what's going on around him.

Not seen much of Austin but i really like Ings all round game. From what i've seen he's good at keeping possession and seems to have decent vision and wary of what's going on around him.

Aye, Ings is the better all round player. Austin's done very well for an awful team, but doesn't contribute much apart from goals. I'd very happily have either of them.

Guest chopey

Tottenham are apparently willing to pay Burnley 12m compensation to Burlney for Ings

Typical corrupt Tottenham !!! all of our transfer team are at John's caravan at haggerstone castle and they go and do an underhanded thing like this without even giving us a chance to put our £750,000 bid in !!!

Today is a sad day for corruption in sport

Typical corrupt Tottenham !!! all of our transfer team are at John's caravan at haggerstone castle and they go and do an underhanded thing like this without even giving us a chance to put our £750,000 bid in !!!

Today is a sad day for corruption in sport

Haggerston Castle - that's a bit too upmarket for him.

I think if Charlie Austin can bang in that many goals in a QPR side which was obviously worse than our own (if that's even possible), it goes to show what a fantastic striker he is and with a bit of decent investment in the squad and a OK-ish manager at least, he'd definitely to the business for us.

Whether he leaves or not we need a Cisse replacement due to him only having 1 leg and Austin would fit the bill perfectly going off this first season. Ings is maybe a better all round player but he's certainly not the better centre-forward of the two.

Spurs have bid 12 milli for Ings, not sure he'll be a success there.

He'd be so much better off at a club where he is the main focus point and star player.

Two or three bad appearances at Spurs (or the likes of Liverpool) and he'll be benched/rotting in the reserves.

Sociedad would have been a good move imo, a new experience.