Other clubs' transfers

TBG

From David Sullivan

"We are looking, long-term, for a 20-goal-a-season striker," he said.

"There's a possibility that a striker will come in on loan, with the option to buy, within the next seven days. He's an overseas striker.

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe it. I can't tell you which league because then you'll know exactly who it is.

"We are signing from a very strange league. But he has played in higher leagues."

Yes.  I'm sure everyone would have guessed at Emmanuel Emenike.  I mean, if you had said he had been playing in Abu Dhabi, but he had previously played in top leagues, you know, the top leagues of Russia and Turkey.  I'm sure straight away, all football fans would know it's this household name that he's referring to.  The 20 goals a season bit makes it so obvious.

Sullivan and Gold are absolute weapons.

Barca apparently offering Douglas to clubs for free, is he really that bad that's no clubs are interested in him?

Worst footballer I've seen in my lifetime. Makes Perch, Huntington, Ramage, Amdy Faye all look like fantastic footballers.

Still absolute legend, they should keep him :lol:

Yakubu, Cisse, Gyan, Odemwindie, there are so many more examples. I dunno why it happens but it does.

Not trying to be racist either. My mum was born in Uganda.

Also many of the cab drivers in NYC are From West Africa and they'll tell you the same thing. Their players show great promise and then fade and then start up again and so on.

Yakubu, Cisse, Gyan, Odemwindie, there are so many more examples. I dunno why it happens but it does.

Drogba, Kanu, Kolo/Yaya, Yeboah, Essien, Adebayor, Radabe... There are so many more examples.

Astrowhite I reckon.

From David Sullivan

"We are looking, long-term, for a 20-goal-a-season striker," he said.

"There's a possibility that a striker will come in on loan, with the option to buy, within the next seven days. He's an overseas striker.

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe it. I can't tell you which league because then you'll know exactly who it is.

"We are signing from a very strange league. But he has played in higher leagues."

Yes.  I'm sure everyone would have guessed at Emmanuel Emenike.  I mean, if you had said he had been playing in Abu Dhabi, but he had previously played in top leagues, you know, the top leagues of Russia and Turkey.  I'm sure straight away, all football fans would know it's this household name that he's referring to.  The 20 goals a season bit makes it so obvious.

Sullivan and Gold are absolute weapons.

:lol:

Yakubu has 96 Premier League goals

And I'd love it if he came back to the PL to score four more to get him to 100.

But I still wouldn't call him consistent.

He scored 69 league goals in his first 5 years. 16, 13, 13, 12, 15. Pretty consistent.

Also many of the cab drivers in NYC are From West Africa and they'll tell you the same thing. Their players show great promise and then fade and then start up again and so on.

Been awhile since I've seen the old, "I can't be racist, I have a black mam" excuse.

Drogba, Kanu, Kolo/Yaya, Yeboah, Essien, Adebayor, Radabe... There are so many more examples.

Astrowhite I reckon.

I'll give you Drogba(one of my favorite players ever btw) Adebayor and Yaya. Kanu was quite patchy. Essien was a great player but injuries killed him. But was more talking about strikers. Like Martins, Kalou, Mido, Kone, Diouf, Benny Mccarthy, Benjani.  Great when they felt like it but didn't always deliver.

Vieira, Desailly

He scored 69 league goals in his first 5 years. 16, 13, 13, 12, 15. Pretty consistent.

Could have swore when he went to Everton, there was a discussion on here about how his goals would always dry up by January.

And then three patchy seasons and a good one again. Inconsistent.

Could have swore when he went to Everton, there was a discussion on here about how his goals would always dry up by January.

http://img.tek.no/921/921826/original.jpg