Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest Roger Kint

I think we've missed out on Austin and for £4 million he could have been a huge bargain.

Pathetic if we've missed out on him for that amount

What if he didnt want to come here? Dare say he had a choice in it

NUFC only missed out on Charlie Austin if he would have even entertained the idea of coming here. Rumours were he wanted to stay down South (or at least his wife supposedly did).

£4m is a bargain. This deal was done quietly. If Charlie Austin was interested in going elsewhere his agent would have leaked the fact a £4m fee would secure him to generate interest from other clubs.

I remember when Rob Lee didn't sign for Boro because he didn't want to move so far away from London, he signed for us instead.

Guest Roger Kint

I remember when Rob Lee didn't sign for Boro because he didn't want to move so far away from London, he signed for us instead.

Exactly the same situation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35333790

"As soon as Southampton showed an interest that was the one club I wanted to go to," said Austin, who was linked with a move to Newcastle last summer.

"You see the progression from when I was playing against Southampton for Swindon. For me, it was important to come to a club that's on the up and that's what I've got here."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35333790

"As soon as Southampton showed an interest that was the one club I wanted to go to," said Austin, who was linked with a move to Newcastle last summer.

"You see the progression from when I was playing against Southampton for Swindon. For me, it was important to come to a club that's on the up and that's what I've got here."

See, now, that just makes me want them to go down even more.

I think we've missed out on Austin and for £4 million he could have been a huge bargain.

Pathetic if we've missed out on him for that amount

Aye. He's from down south and there were a few stories saying his Mrs didn't fancy going north etc afaik

Just sums up how shambolic QPR are really. Is a great price considering. Think I'd prefer to keep giving Mitro a chance and build him up though rather than getting Austin.

In FM terms Austin a higher CA, Mitro more PA. Here's hoping with a better midfield we make more chances and score more goals with the team we've got.

We've clearly taken a step back. Not that it would have made a difference.

Good signing for them. Shane long please?

Nah I'd pass on Shane Long. One of those players that accumulates massive transfer fees but never really delivers anywhere

He'd suit our team better than Mitrovic at the moment but if we're going to buy a striker it really has to be one that scores plenty of goals