Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Today has been a big FU to Sky Sports, like. How can they keep hyping this up? It's been s**** for several windows.

Can't really remember owt happening since the night we stood in Sinners and watched Man City sign Robinho.

Aye, the Robinho/Berbatov one was quality. The one where Arsenal signed Ozil was mildly interesting. That's about it :lol:

Know fuck all about him, but fair play to Stoke like. Since they fucked Pulis off they've been giving it a good go, bringing in some real attacking flair and now spending decent money trying to improve their team. Four points behind Man United in 5th.

Absolutely. Credit to them.

Know f*** all about him, but fair play to Stoke like. Since they f***ed Pulis off they've been giving it a good go, bringing in some real attacking flair and now spending decent money trying to improve their team. Four points behind Man United in 5th.

Need HF to do a graph to see if they are just spending what they bring in or if they are stretching themsleves.

I'm not taking the piss here either.

Guest Roger Kint

Know f*** all about him, but fair play to Stoke like. Since they f***ed Pulis off they've been giving it a good go, bringing in some real attacking flair and now spending decent money trying to improve their team. Four points behind Man United in 5th.

Need HF to do a graph to see if they are just spending what they bring in or if they are stretching themsleves.

I'm not taking the piss here either.

Their front four cost about £14m didnt it? Obviously they have spent more elsewhere but a lot of good business over big spending imo. Stoke are basically entirely reliant on TV cash, their gate receipts/commercial income is only £7.7m/£15m and its only the last two years they made profit(new TV deal)

still good to see them put everything back into the club in an effort to actually compete. Good on them, we all wish we had the same way of running the club.

Let me talk to you about Adalberto Peñaranda. Venezuelan 18 year old with just a bunch of youth caps.

- In summer 2015, Pozzo-owned Udinese bought this lad for a few pennies from Venezuela. It's loaned out to Pozzo-owned Granada.

- In January 2016, Pozzo-owned Watford buys him from Udinese for €10m, that for a lad with 9 senior games in Europe (to his credit, he's looked decent). He is loaned back - again - to Granada.

Is it me or is this just massively bent? Seems to me they are using Watford - and their access to massive PL money - to prop up Udinese.

Let me talk to you about Adalberto Peñaranda. Venezuelan 18 year old with just a bunch of youth caps.

- In summer 2015, Pozzo-owned Udinese bought this lad for a few pennies from Venezuela. It's loaned out to Pozzo-owned Granada.

- In January 2016, Pozzo-owned Watford buys him from Udinese for €10m, that for a lad with 9 senior games in Europe (to his credit, he's looked decent). He is loaned back - again - to Granada.

Is it me or is this just massively bent? Seems to me they are using Watford - and their access to massive PL money - to prop up Udinese.

Said the same thing last night. Not too mention Watford spending £8m (club record) on a player to help Granada stay up.

The player was already at Granada on loan from Udinese, so that makes no difference. They just moved him from Udinese's books to Watford's, with that money going to Udinese.

Think he meant the midfielder they've signed from France

The player was already at Granada on loan from Udinese, so that makes no difference. They just moved him from Udinese's books to Watford's, with that money going to Udinese.

I had missed that one. Yeah, it definitely looks like they are using Watford as their cash cow.

I had missed that one. Yeah, it definitely looks like they are using Watford as their cash cow.

It's beyond belief how it's allowed.

I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before UEFA make up some shit to restrict this player laundering shit. At least, that's what they're there for....

If you want to keep it simple, just make up some transfer limit between teams per year or something. Although I'd be a much bigger fan of a maximum profit percentage per year since purchase. That'd be mint. Would cripple the notion of a stepping stone club too. :sweetjesus: I'm sure there'd be other side effects, but in my mind it seems like a class idea right now.

At least with Watford it's explicitly obvious what the craic is and all 3 clubs are probably above where they'd be without the Pozzo involvement. Give me that over Jorge Mendes and his band of merry men with their equally as bent under the radar transfers between mid rank CL clubs.

Yeah while there is dodgy accounting, they seem to at least know what they're doing getting the clubs to actually be run well and doing well, wonder if theres ethical issues elsewhere. Suppose if they go through a bad patch itll come under more scrutiny