Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Think Townsend is better than Bolasie but Pards is still gone by January

Um ... not sure about that. Bolasie over both Townsend and Sissoko.

Very keen to see Bolasie under a decent manager. Let's not forget he was managing to produce the performances he did under some horrific managers the past few years.

If Palace replace Bolasie with Sissoko for big money, Palace fans will turn on him very very quickly, once he keeps losing the ball and kicking it into people.

Very keen to see Bolasie under a decent manager. Let's not forget he was managing to produce the performances he did under some horrific managers the past few years.

If Palace replace Bolasie with Sissoko for big money, Palace fans will turn on him very very quickly, once he keeps losing the ball and kicking it into people.

I never get the comment " let's see what he can do under a decent manager". It's a game of football. The manager can't play for him. He will play the same as he always has done.

Also Sissoko just loses the ball constantly but is worth big money?

I never get the comment " let's see what he can do under a decent manager". It's a game of football. The manager can't play for him. He will play the same as he always has done.

Also Sissoko just loses the ball constantly but is worth big money?

Imagine not thinking a manager can make a difference to an individual's performance. :lol:

In some positions I agree they can yeah but a winger relies on instinct and unpredictability and playing off the cuff. He's 27 too, I don't see what will change with him under a different manager

So you're telling me that someone like Sissoko or Bolasie wouldn't improve under an attacking minded coach like Guardiola?

In some positions I agree they can yeah but a winger relies on instinct and unpredictability and playing off the cuff. He's 27 too, I don't see what will change with him under a different manager

So Hatem didn't improve playing under Claude Puel rather than Steve Bruce, as a quick example?

I don't think Sissoko is a winger but of course it's easier to be a winger when your are playing under a better manager. You can get on the ball in better areas without the need to run past about 3 players to get to the byline like Sissoko has for most of his time here

Someone like Sissoko no I don't see how he would as he just Dosent have enough natural talent.

I can see how they would improve a players contributon to a team through tactical awareness etc but in terms of actual footballing ability and technique you have it or you don't.

And with Ben arfa he just wasn't bothered at Hull. He's always had the talent to tear it up if he wanted too

Just my opinion. Andros has more end product. He's not as skilful or quick but he's better in the final third.

He was never actually 100% fit for us and still finished something like 3rd highest scorer or thereabouts.

I agree, and if he can get to full fitness and a tad leaner would be better than Bolasie.

Bolasie is a bit like a Sissoko type winger, big power, fast but rarely scores.

Me personally would take a fully fit Townsend over Bolasie.

Each to their own though.

Someone like Sissoko no I don't see how he would as he just Dosent have enough natural talent.

I can see how they would improve a players contributon to a team through tactical awareness etc but in terms of actual footballing ability and technique you have it or you don't.

And with Ben arfa he just wasn't bothered at Hull. He's always had the talent to tear it up if he wanted too

But surely you're contradicting yourself there, you're saying that plays can't improve footballing ability, but also saying that a manager can improve them tactically, which would then improve there overall footballing ability.

For example, if a manager was to teach someone like Sissoko, when put in a cross, or to cut back and play it someone on the edge of the box, surely thats both improving him both tactically and his overall footballing ability?

Just my opinion. Andros has more end product. He's not as skilful or quick but he's better in the final third.

He was never actually 100% fit for us and still finished something like 3rd highest scorer or thereabouts.

I agree, and if he can get to full fitness and a tad leaner would be better than Bolasie.

Bolasie is a bit like a Sissoko type winger, big power, fast but rarely scores.

Me personally would take a fully fit Townsend over Bolasie.

Each to their own though.

Can't believe you compared Bolasie to Sissoko as similar wingers. That is shocking.