Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Flip is right.

He is going because of a combination of the money, the new challenge, the greater responsibility, the location, and that he's joining a team who are - in all honesty - a similar level to the current Barca side. Barca only beat them last season by 1 goal, thanks almost entirely to Neymar himself.

Arguing that it is PURELY the money is a poor argument. If in an alternative reality APOEL Nicosia or BATE Borisov paid his release clause and offered him the same amount of money Neymar would not be going there.

He doesn't need more money and I don't see the money having affected his decision

Neymar is on £782,000 per week at PSG.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

A football career is pretty short to be fair.

:lol:

Aye, tbf he's only getting 30 years of the average person's annual salary each week.

I mean football has been f***ed for a few years now, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Why are you so interested in the content of this man's accounts? All over the world, people are making more than this by sitting on money from previous generations and wanton corruption. Neymar is one of the best footballers in the world, why should he not be paid on par with the best bankers, actors, or musicians in the world?

Which musician gets 750k a week for 5 years like?

The income stream is not as consistent obviously, but the overall value of the contract will be ~200 million correct? This is not some outrageous sum for a top musician with multiple interests to make over the same time frame, and these people will not have their main income stream immediately cease to exist in 10 to 15 years.

Flip is right.

He is going because of a combination of the money, the new challenge, the greater responsibility, the location, and that he's joining a team who are - in all honesty - a similar level to the current Barca side. Barca only beat them last season by 1 goal, thanks almost entirely to Neymar himself.

Arguing that it is PURELY the money is a poor argument. If in an alternative reality APOEL Nicosia or BATE Borisov paid his release clause and offered him the same amount of money Neymar would not be going there.

Aye, that's my stance as well. To think he's ONLY gone for the money is incredibly close minded. No one denies it's one of a few factors though.

Neymar is on £782,000 per week at PSG.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

A football career is pretty short to be fair.

:lol:

Aye, tbf he's only getting 30 years of the average person's annual salary each week.

I mean football has been f***ed for a few years now, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Why are you so interested in the content of this man's accounts? All over the world, people are making more than this by sitting on money from previous generations and wanton corruption. Neymar is one of the best footballers in the world, why should he not be paid on par with the best bankers, actors, or musicians in the world?

Which musician gets 750k a week for 5 years like?

The income stream is not as consistent obviously, but the overall value of the contract will be ~200 million correct? This is not some outrageous sum for a top musician with multiple interests to make over the same time frame, and these people will not have their main income stream immediately cease to exist in 10 to 15 years.

Taylor swift is worth 200 million dollars, so I give you that one. I'm assuming neymar will have image rights on top of his salary though, plus sponsorship deals?

Flip is right.

He doesn't need more money and I don't see the money having affected his decision

You've only quoted half of his sentence to make it look worse than it is there tbf :lol:

Flip is right.

:lol: Ridiculous

Way to be selective. At no point have I said that money isn't a part of the decision, you are the one who keeps posting it's ALL about the money. Extremely obnoxious.

Got to wonder why he didn't tell PSG not to bother with those wages, or give it to charity or even do something REALLY daft and give it to grassroots football or to make it cheaper for fans to go to the games or something crazy like that. He doesn't need more money after all. Maybe they insisted.

Got to wonder why he didn't tell PSG not to bother with those wages, or give it to charity or even do something REALLY daft and give it to grassroots football or to make it cheaper for fans to go to the games or something crazy like that. He doesn't need more money after all. Maybe they insisted.

Well that's just silly David.

Well doesn't need and doesn't want is two different things. Dave, what I've been saying for the past few days which you have disagreed, and absolutely fair enough if you disagree, is that it's NOT ALL about the money. I don't think money plays the biggest role in his decision. But don't start trying to change words to ridicule others opinion just because others didn't agree with you. You said it's ALL about the money, I didn't say it's NOT about the money. I'll respect your opinion, but to start quoting half sentences and taking words out of context is childish.

Fair enough. :thup:

I just think the whole thing is absolutely disgusting and you'd not give a f*** about defending it if he wasn't Brazilian.

True. I'd be completely indifferent had it not been a Brazilian player involved. I just think he's not really going to China or something. He's not throwing his career away, it's a step down from Barcelona, but any club would be tbh. I think it's an extremely interesting move, it's a move that could make or break it for him in his career and how it is viewed in the future.

Almost any move is a step down for him TBF, he may as well become even more disgustingly rich in the process. It's not his fault the PSG owners are absolutely mental.

Thing is he was already that rich the money he's getting now will make zero difference to his life.  He's an idiot leaving Barcelona where he could have cemented his place in history there.

From a footballing point of view I really don't find it a crazy move, yeah it would be better if he wasn't going to France, but if PSG go on to win the CL with him as the main man, then it will have been worth it. Plus he's already going down as a Brazil legend, which will be the main thing for him.

Obviously money is probably the primary reason and who honestly would turn down the kind of money he'll get but he will still get to win trophies and compete in the champions league. Hell maybe even win it worse teams have won it after all.

I just read that Qatar Sports Investments that owns PSG have access to almost £200 billion. :undecided:

What were you expecting, them to burn a third of their budget on Neymar? :lol:

If PSG matched or just slightly increased his wages instead of doubling them, nee chance he'd gone there. "Challenge and opportunity to lead" be damned.

It's fine. I actually wish him well. More worried about what we'll do with the cash.

:thup: (except the wish him well part. Hope Monaco somehow wins the league again).

Will be extremely interesting what Barcelona do with the money like.