Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Neymar is on £782,000 per week at PSG.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

A football career is pretty short to be fair.

f*** off, for goodness sake. Can't believe you swallow that crap.

Don't think he was being serious tbf.

Staying at Barca to succeed Messi is a joke tbh.  Why would he do so?

TBH, he probably can't. Messi is 30 and still killing it. When would Neymar take over?

He would never take over precisely because Messi is ten times the player that petulant crybaby will ever be anyway.

No one is every going to take over from Messi unless he dies. Man is an alien. Exactly, why Neymar's move makes sense.

In order to enhance his legacy and standing as an all time footballer, hes joining a club where he's going to play a handful of meaningful games a season?

Not having that like.

If he was joining Madrid or Man City/Utd perhaps.

Sorry, but in the end in European football now, only winning the PL means something other than the Champions League. So yes, in order to enhance his legacy he wants to win the CL with PSG.

Also, winning either the CL with PSG or the World Cup is going to make him the best in the world, so he has basically 'doubled' his chance of winning it.

How exactly will that make him the best in the world, when Messi (and Ronaldo) are still tearing up both La Liga and the CL? Messi hasn't won the CL in a couple of seasons now and he's still the best in the world like.

Staying at Barca to succeed Messi is a joke tbh.  Why would he do so?

TBH, he probably can't. Messi is 30 and still killing it. When would Neymar take over?

He would never take over precisely because Messi is ten times the player that petulant crybaby will ever be anyway.

No one is every going to take over from Messi unless he dies. Man is an alien. Exactly, why Neymar's move makes sense.

In order to enhance his legacy and standing as an all time footballer, hes joining a club where he's going to play a handful of meaningful games a season?

Not having that like.

If he was joining Madrid or Man City/Utd perhaps.

Sorry, but in the end in European football now, only winning the PL means something other than the Champions League. So yes, in order to enhance his legacy he wants to win the CL with PSG.

Also, winning either the CL with PSG or the World Cup is going to make him the best in the world, so he has basically 'doubled' his chance of winning it.

How exactly will that make him the best in the world, when Messi (and Ronaldo) are still tearing up both La Liga and the CL? Messi hasn't won the CL in a couple of seasons now and he's still the best in the world like.

I posted above what I meant :thup: (last page) meant in terms of winning the Ballon D'Or and not actually being the best as that is Messi and is going to be Messi for a few more years at least.

I can understand wanting to be the centre of a team etc, but in the french league? He'll boost his stats playing in it for sure, and yes he could win the champions league with them and carry them too it, but league titles will basically be meaningless, Monaco won't win again for a while with their squad demolished and no-one else will come close. It's almost less about the money that bothers me, someone is stupid enough to offer that money of course you accept, it's what seems to be a modern streak of individuality players have now. More and more we will have fans of players who do not care about clubs. I can respect going to an outside traditional aristocracy of clubs to have a project to build up, but PSG seems just easy street.

I just read that Qatar Sports Investments that owns PSG have access to almost £200 billion. :undecided:

What were you expecting, them to burn a third of their budget on Neymar? :lol:

Umm, no.  ???

Yup, it looks like our first use of the Neymar money will be buying Iñigo Martínez from Real Sociedad. I approve. :thup:

:thup: Definitely see that as a very sensible signing. Need to after Coutinho/Hazard/Dembele now. Someone on that LF is a must.

Watching Neymar's press conference now. Always felt like PSG president came across well, but coming across really badly in this press conference. :lol:

I can understand wanting to be the centre of a team etc, but in the french league?

I have said this before but if he wanted to leave and be at the centre of a team he had no other choice, no one else in the world is mental enough to pay the release clause.

Neymar is on £782,000 per week at PSG.

NOT ABOUT THE MONEY

A football career is pretty short to be fair.

f*** off, for goodness sake. Can't believe you swallow that crap.

Don't think he was being serious tbf.

What the fuck? :lol:

I'm not even sure if Dinho lad is being serious!! :lol: ??

Apart from the obvious answer which is 'nowt', what the hell is going on at Southampton this summer? Signed some player I've never heard of, van Dijk probably going in the end, and that's it. They've got a decent set of players but if they become stale they might drop into lower mid-table this year.

Apart from the obvious answer which is 'nowt', what the hell is going on at Southampton this summer? Signed some player I've never heard of, van Dijk probably going in the end, and that's it. They've got a decent set of players but if they become stale they might drop into lower mid-table this year.

Haven't a clue why a club wouldn't buy this summer. I mean wtf are Spurs doing n'all?

Think they'll do very well again tbh. Probably will sell Sissoko and get Barkley before the end.

A bit of continuity for them is fine, they've got a young and growing team. Still think they could do with another forward but they didn't struggle without Kane last season

Teams who don't buy, when everybody else buys, fall away. Bet they do n'all. That FA Cup semi showed how far behind the champions they actually were. Plus they're shite at Wembley. They'll have a poor season,  by their current standards, I bet

Well the problem is they literally can't improve their team without going out and buying a genuine top class player. Their first 15 players or so, are extremely strong. They tried adding to the squad last year - Sissoko, Janssen, Nkoudou. £55 million worth there, and they didn't really do much except fill the bench.

To improve, they would need to add a real marque signing, and that would mean breaking their strict wage budget. Something that's not gonna happen during stadium building.

I can understand why they aren't buying.

Son and Wanyama/Dembele are probably the starters who Spurs could be improved upon most easily, but you'd probably have to be buying a £50-60 million player to do so.

Dembele from Dortmund, Keita from Leipzig, maybe. That kind of level. But they have their sights set on higher than Spurs.