Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur - 12/02/14 @ 19:45 (No TV)

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tbh Krul has been very average since the last Spurs game, happy to give Elliot a crack.

:lol: Should we just go all out reserves?

Elliott

Tavernier-Good-Dummett-Haidara

Obertan-Gosling-Richardson-Sammy

Armstrong-Shola

:yao:

Who would have thought that selling a vital member of the team and not replacing him might cause us looking short of options? Mental that tbh.

Tbf, we aren't really short of midfielders, it's the striker shortage which is hurting us most right now. But Chelsea and Spurs are games we would probably have lost anyway so it isn't going to have that much impact on our season.

Tbh Krul has been very average since the last Spurs game, happy to give Elliot a crack.

:lol: Should we just go all out reserves?

Elliott

Tavernier-Good-Dummett-Haidara

Obertan-Gosling-Richardson-Sammy

Armstrong-Shola

:yao:

:lol:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Something tells me Shola is starting tonight.

Pardew rested him against Chelsea so he was fresh and ready to go tonight :lol:

Sherwood loves a good 442 too. So we could see the same formation used by both teams but maybe not the same tactics

I think it's more like

Elliot

MYM  Taylor  Williams  Dummett

Barfa      Anita    Sissoko  Sammy

Shola  De Jong

bump

I used to schedule work days around matches when possible and not traveling, ie: loading it up on the phone or pc at the office and watching on NBC - or heading home early for the day and working from home....couldn't be arsed today. Will get to it when I can.

Newcastle are on the verge of an unwanted record: defeat this evening would be the first time that they'd ever lost four Premier League home games in a row.

The last quartet of successive top-flight home losses in the same season came during the 1977/78 season (Nottingham Forest, Liverpool, smoggies, Ipswich).

Moussa Sissoko has completed more passes in the final third of the pitch this season (220) than any other player from either club. The nearest Spurs player is Mousa Dembele on 208.

Michael Dawson has attempted more longs balls (35+ yards) in the PL this season (233) than Steven Taylor, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Paul Dummett, Fabricio Coloccini, and Mike Williamson combined.

Mike Williamson has won more aerial duels inside his own penalty box (17) this season than any other PL player.

Guest hydeous

I find that long ball stat hard to believe. I remember Willo whacking at least two hundred long balls during the Sunderland game alone.

Newcastle are on the verge of an unwanted record: defeat this evening would be the first time that they'd ever lost four Premier League home games in a row.

The last quartet of successive top-flight home losses in the same season came during the 1977/78 season (Nottingham Forest, Liverpool, smoggies, Ipswich).

Moussa Sissoko has completed more passes in the final third of the pitch this season (220) than any other player from either club. The nearest Spurs player is Mousa Dembele on 208.

Michael Dawson has attempted more longs balls (35+ yards) in the PL this season (233) than Steven Taylor, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Paul Dummett, Fabricio Coloccini, and Mike Williamson combined.

Mike Williamson has won more aerial duels inside his own penalty box (17) this season than any other PL player.

Does that count as an achievement? I'll take that!