Lee Charnley

Dave

Playing devils advocate here, everyone has said for the club to be more open and communicate with the fans - when they do, quite often our response is f*** off :D

Because he's a fucking useless bellend and he's talking absolute shite  :lol:

Ofcourse we want communication, as we also want to be ran as a proper club, it's a package really.

Taken in isolation it's not actually a bad email.

Unfortunately they have many, many years of being utter cunts to make up for before we can see this as anything other than a token attempt to pretend they know how to to run a professional football club.

Unfortunately they have many, many years of being utter cunts to make up for before we can see this as anything other than a token attempt to pretend they know how to to run a professional football club.

Agree.

Quite a lot of apologising without saving very much. Doesn't provide any confidence that they know what's wrong either, or how to fix it. Just a call for more good blind faith to be thrown after bad.

I wonder if Steve is feeling the strain and getting itchy feet so penfold has took some pressure off him, the last thing he would want at this stage of the season is to look for a new manager because he only knows three blokes that he could ring one of them has the job now, one of them is in a job and carver lives in a drain on Northumberland street

Charnely is hated, there's little he could say in this situation that wouldn't get a fuck off. The sentiment is right, I just find it too long and patronising. This whole 'we need the fans, your a part of the team' nonsense is getting boring to hear. We know. And it all looks silly when every week the fans do their part and get more shit performances for it. I'd prefer a shorter version that's too the point. An apology and acknowledgement of our situation is good enough. Rest of the talking must happen on the pitch.

It's a fucking wretched email.

I think you're all being ridiculously uncharitable. That email is very clearly a sincere attempt from a very honest man to build bridges with the fans and provide a reasoned assurance that things are going to get better, so long as we all pull in the same direction. I think it is incumbent upon us all as fans to hold our hands up and all admit that we've not been doing our bit so far. It's time we, the fans, did our bit to make the players feel motivated enough to play well on Saturday. It's time we, the fans, bow in eternal gratitude to our glorious club owner who in his munificence has provided us, the rebellious ungrateful scum that we are, with a stellar squad of supremely talented players and a world class coach. It's time we, the fans, stopped being bone idle, disinterested and disrespecting the club we claim to support. It's time we, the fans, provide the players with the tactical nous, motivation and direction to not lose (because, let's not actually try to win something just yet, eh...baby steps, baby steps...). We're all in this together, after all...

The email is alright in isolation as someone said, in a normal club nobody would give it a second thought. Problem is we're way past the point where they can say anything meaningful.

Maybe it will turn around, who knows? I think both McClaren and the players are better than they've shown so far. But in the meantime no amount of communication means anything.

Dear ,

We made a pledge to communicate more effectively with you and when we did so, we were aware this must be the case through thick and thin, in the bad times as well as the good.  That is why it is important I write to you now, when things are tough and many of you will be feeling frustrated with recent results.

You deserve to know what we are thinking and what we are doing to address our current situation, to arrest this poor run of form and turn things around for our club.

There is no hiding from the fact that this has been a very disappointing start to our Premier League campaign, and a painful early exit from a cup competition that we were determined to give everything in this year. We apologiseto you for this. 

After six league games the truth is we have not achieved the points that any of us had hoped and expected we would do. 

None of us can, or will, shirk the responsibility for this situation.  Now is the time for collective action, and for us to find solutions to the problems rather than allow ourselves to be consumed by them. 

It is important to state that we bear collective responsibility for our position in the table.  Identifying the problems in order to find the solutions is crucial, but we are not in the business of apportioning blame.  We are a team, from the boardroom to the boot room, and we will respond like one.

So we have sat down as a collective – myself with Steve and his coaching team, and Steve with his players – to discuss the concerns and to look for the solutions together.   

Whilst we are all unhappy, we must not panic or make rash decisions. We should not forget we are still relatively early into the season with lots of games to go and points to play for.  Whilst you may be tired of hearing this, I believe, as we have said from the start, all of this rebuilding and reshaping isn’t something that can happen overnight; it will take time to see the benefit of the changes we made during the summer. 

I will repeat what I have said on a number of occasions before - I have complete faith that what Steve and his team are implementing will give us the best possible chance of success as a club.

We firmly believe there is the quality we need within this group of players, however we all know that what has to improve are the results, which will then breed belief and confidence.  As you would expect, Steve and his staff are working very hard both collectively and individually to reproduce and improve on all the qualities we saw in the performances against Southampton, Manchester United and Arsenal.

We recognise that you will be frustrated and of course, as people who invest heavily – financially and emotionally – in this club, you have the right to express your dissatisfaction at the results, as you have done on recent matchdays. We deserved that criticism and reaction.  But you can also play a huge part in helping the players to fight their way out of our current predicament.

We regularly talk about the importance of confidence and the momentum that a single victory can bear in turning around the fortunes of a team.  To turn things around our players need to be brave – brave on the ball, demand the ball, and attack with courage and conviction, without fear.  I hope those of you attending on Saturday, and at future games, home or away, will really get behind the team and help give them the confidence to play and express themselves the way we know they can. 

We don’t have the time nor the inclination to feel sorry for ourselves. That would not serve us well.  We are all in this together and we will get out of it together as a team.  We view you, our supporters, as an important part of that team.  Now is the time to show determination, resilience and fight and together, over the coming weeks, change the course of this season for the better.

Thank you for your support.

Lee Charnley

Managing Director

Fuck off

We're fucked.

"The first time I sat down with Steve, I knew he was the right man for the job"

f*** off covering your s*** up, you appointed him.

The first time he sat down with Steve he got told to fuck off , the second time he sat down with Steve he got told to fuck off, the third time he sat down with Steve he had just been sacked and he said "i may as well come I've got nowt better to do "