Lee Charnley

Dave

Will take his time appointing a new manager according to the papers.

Have a feeling the appointment will drag on affecting the player recruitment which obviously cannot be done in parallel process.

We tried but there was just to little time to get anybody over the line with the best pound for pound value.

Happy summer!

We've needed a manager since December. If he appointed someone today he'd still be taking his time.

Now he's not taking his time, he's taking the piss.

Ashley is a multi-Billionaire businessman with years of experience in all sorts of successful investments. Charnley is a secretary in his first corporate job, he has been set up as a patsy in order to take the flak when this pre-season doesn't work out.

It's been the case all this season, using Charnley as his new puppet to demonstrate that Cockney Mafia and Geordie's alike share his ideology for the club. The likely reality is he's just a normal bloke who is being used in a very high position and getting paid about a 10th of what a normal Chief Executive would normally get, which to a normal bloke is a phenomenal luxury wage.

Well and truly out of his depth and not cut out for this kind of work or position, but that is irrelevant to Ashley as Charnley is most definitely serving his purpose and as a fan himself, he'll be absolutely hating it - but for the personal gain he is making in finances he'll be sucking it up.

I don't feel sorry for him, but I think a lot of the criticism coming his way is unfair and all of it should be directed at Fat Mike.

I really expected an almost immediate statement of intent  from him or the club in the wake of this season. The Ashley regime has always been secretive but they really miss basic PR opportunities on a regular basis.

I really expected an almost immediate statement of intent  from him or the club in the wake of this season. The Ashley regime has always been secretive but they really miss basic PR opportunities on a regular basis.

Or do they avoid on purpose  ?

I still think they're more incompetent than calculating. Bishop's on board now of course, but it's still fairly ham-fisted.

I wish i could think the same, but having worked in big business nothing is done with out an angle or reason. Even when it looks like incompetent, it's done that way.

Ashley didn't become a billionare by luck, it was a part of his plan. As is our current postion.

After Ashley's public interview, the most obvious thing I expected him to do was to bin this bald fuck and Carver and appoint two new qualified people for the roles. But his mention of Charnley kind of blew his whole 'second chance' bullshit and I think has showed him once again for what he is: clueless about football. I wonder if he hires incompetent, unqualified people to run his business.

After Ashley's public interview, the most obvious thing I expected him to do was to bin this bald f*** and Carver and appoint two new qualified people for the roles. But his mention of Charnley kind of blew his whole 'second chance' bullshit and I think has showed him once again for what he is: clueless about football. I wonder if he hires incompetent, unqualified people to run his business.

Check out the dispatches documentry on 4 on demand

It is understood no appointment is imminent, with Lee Charnley, the managing director, being prepared to wait a few weeks to secure the right man. The plan is to have him installed by the time the players return to pre-season training in early July. Along the way Charnley is expected to reconsider the credentials of John Carver, the interim head coach, as well as those of McClaren, Garde and Laudrup.

Yeah, no rush pal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/26/newcastle-united-managerial-shortlist-steve-mcclaren-remi-garde-michael-laudrup?CMP=share_btn_tw

Beyond belief, Just beyond belief.

We have less than 80 days to be ready for the new season, and this crock of shit still needs another 14 days to think about it.

As long as we get the right man in, before they return to pre season training I'm okay with that. But tbh, it won't happen imo. You can never second guess who it will be, sadly we just have to #wait and see.

think I need to walk away from this (football) board for a few weeks, the thought of this useless fucking turkey stumbling around for weeks to make what will inevitably be a shite decision is starting to get too much for me already

Despite Carver’s collection of four points from the team’s final 11 games leading Newcastle into a relegation skirmish, Charnley believes there are mitigating factors and has not dismissed the 50-year-old’s candidature

If that's even close to being true that is fucking disgraceful

It is understood no appointment is imminent, with Lee Charnley, the managing director, being prepared to wait a few weeks to secure the right man. The plan is to have him installed by the time the players return to pre-season training in early July. Along the way Charnley is expected to reconsider the credentials of John Carver, the interim head coach, as well as those of McClaren, Garde and Laudrup.

Yeah, no rush pal.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/26/newcastle-united-managerial-shortlist-steve-mcclaren-remi-garde-michael-laudrup?CMP=share_btn_tw

Clearly a stalling tactic to get more season ticket money.  So many people must be ready to cancel as soon as they name Carver.

Still don't see how he can realistically appoint Carver without becoming an enormous figure of ridicule throughout the entire sport. He came out in January and said they have received 80 applications and he ignored all of them and went with Carver. We all saw the car-crash coming and it duly did. He almost relegated us with the worst run of defeats in the club's entire history in his 5 months in charge.

Option 1: If Charnley chooses to make him permanent he'll be rinsed by everyone. 

Option 2: If Charnley is forced to appoint him because he can't find/convince someone better to do the job he'll get rinsed twice as much.

The way I see it he simply must appoint someone else to avoid looking like the biggest mug on the planet. Who'd be a bigger mug - Carver or the sackless cunt who makes Carver permanent? He's got to go with someone else, he just has to. :lol:

As I see it, Ashley has a credibility problem (hence his sky interview Sunday). If he's prepared to shelve his tacit stance after 8 odd years, then he clearly knows there's a storm on the way that he needs to head off. Regardless of the 'I don't pick the manager' routine, he will be acutely aware that the world and its mother know that Carver is a busted flush. He must also accept that he (and the other back room staff on long contracts) may cost him more to be retained as employees should he have a repeat of last season.

Furthermore, I reckon that distancing himself from making key 'footballing' decisions allows him room for manoeuvre should Charnley make another pigs ear of things though I doubt he would jettison him without good reason as he presumably sees him as his eyes & ears link to the locals. Can anyone give any other credible reasoning behind promoting someone so ill equipped to run a premier league club (other than the obvious-he's cheap).

For these reasons I'm cautiously optimistic about the summer without really buying into his three minute manifesto.

My monies on One or two 'statement' signings, McLaren as manager & another slightly less shite season to come.