Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback is starting today for the same reasons as to why he started games in pre-season. Because we had atleast 1 first team central midfielder out, sometimes 2 when Tiote and De Jong were not match fit or injured. It's the same reason as to why Rivere will start today as has done in pre-season, because Cisse is injured. It's the same reason as to why Obertan got so much game time in pre-season, because Cabella was not match for and for a  part of pre-season was on holiday.

Can't people atleast wait until we have a fully for squad to determine who the first 11 really is?

Are we really classing De Jong as an orthodox central midfielder now?

He's a central midfielder, even though he will be playing more advanced than our other central midfielders and just of the striker. The point is that he was injured or not match fit for some games at the same time as Tiote, so bearing that in mind you are going to need at east 1 back up midfield in the team to replace him (although this midfielder isn't going to be advanced or play exactly how he plays), guess who our back up central midfielder s? He's the guy who replaced last year's Gosling who was back up, yes, it's Colback.

Do you really believe that? :lol:

You really believe he came here from our biggest rivals to warm the bench?

Do we really have to have this debate again where I say it's not much of a big deal that he came from Sunderland since he's a boyhood Newcastle fan, then someone pulls out pictures of him over celebrating, then I or someone else says that he got carried away with peer pressure.

Are we really going to have this debate again?

No we don't because that's not the subject at hand.

The point is he will be starting out in central midfield imo and Anita will be warming the bench.

6 and two 3's to me if that is what happens. Anita can have good games, but a lot of the time he can be outmuscled off the ball, offers no threat from set pieces either by taking them or being in them.

Colback is starting today for the same reasons as to why he started games in pre-season. Because we had atleast 1 first team central midfielder out, sometimes 2 when Tiote and De Jong were not match fit or injured. It's the same reason as to why Rivere will start today as has done in pre-season, because Cisse is injured. It's the same reason as to why Obertan got so much game time in pre-season, because Cabella was not match for and for a  part of pre-season was on holiday.

Can't people atleast wait until we have a fully for squad to determine who the first 11 really is?

He's a central midfielder, even though he will be playing more advanced than our other central midfielders and just of the striker. The point is that he was injured or not match fit for some games at the same time as Tiote, so bearing that in mind you are going to need at east 1 back up midfield in the team to replace him (although this midfielder isn't going to be advanced or play exactly how he plays), guess who our back up central midfielder s? He's the guy who replaced last year's Gosling who was back up, yes, it's Colback.

Do we really have to have this debate again where I say it's not much of a big deal that he came from Sunderland since he's a boyhood Newcastle fan, then someone pulls out pictures of him over celebrating, then I or someone else says that he got carried away with peer pressure.

The point is he will be starting out in central midfield imo and Anita will be warming the bench.

6 and two 3's to me if that is what happens. Anita can have good games, but a lot of the time he can be outmuscled off the ball, offers no threat from set pieces either by taking them or being in them.

You've surpassed yourself with this post mate.

By having an alternative opinion and thinking the difference in quality between Anita and Colback isn't all that much. When will I learn that having an opinion other than the one of the majority on N-O isn't allowed?

I still maintain that he will be back up, if he is in replacement of Anita then I wouldn't be bothered, if it was instead of Tiote, or De Jong then yes I'd have a problem with it. People on here react like playing him will result in him causing us to lose every game.

By having an alternative opinion and thinking the difference in quality between Anita and Colback isn't all that much. When will I learn that having an opinion other than the one of the majority on N-O isn't allowed?

Was referring to your criticisms of Anita.

You can have whatever opinions you like for me but the original point was Colback will be a starter and given his lack of ability I'd prefer he wasn't.

You can have whatever opinions you like for me but the original point was Colback will be a starter and given his lack of ability I'd prefer he wasn't.

Anita has good games, but he is weak in a lot of areas. His height means that on set pieces he has a weakness, be it defending them or attacking them. I seem to remember a few times last season his height allowed for other to win the header against him rather easily. When attacking he can't gain the same height to get ahead of the defender, and him taking set pieces hasn't resulted in a decent ball into the box despite him having more promise than Cabaye taking them. On the ball I've seen him beaten for pace and outdone when in possession or challenging for possession a few times. He can pick out a good pass though and spread play well.

I think most people will agree that he has good games and can really be the hidden star in a match, but his constancy is not there.

Anita has good games, but he is weak in a lot of areas. His height means that on set pieces he has a weakness, be it defending them or attacking them. I seem to remember a few times last season his height allowed for other to win the header against him rather easily. When attacking he can't gain the same height to get ahead of the defender, and him taking set pieces hasn't resulted in a decent ball into the box despite him having more promise than Cabaye taking them. On the ball I've seen him beaten for pace and outdone when in possession or challenging for possession a few times. He can pick out a good pass though and spread play well.

I think most people will agree that he has good games and can really be the hidden star in a match, but his constancy is not there.

Colback is also on the smaller side though? And  in a team which was managed properly wouldn't be anywhere near taking set pieces.

The reason why this argument is bullshit though is because it doesn't actually matter and on this basis we'd be starting Raylor.

Anita can easily stay back when we are attacking setpieces and provide cover and stand on the posts when we are defending them.

As for footballing ability, tactical ability etc Anita is superior.

Colback is probly better in the tackle and slightly stronger physically but other than that.

As I've said, I think the strengths and weaknesses in-between both players are minimal, and in which case it's same-ish in regards to who starts. I don't think 1 starting over another will cause us problems during the game, nor would it add anything different. If he starts ahead of Anita it wouldn't concern me (not that I think he will, but lets leave that to be found to be true or false as the season goes on and our players are back), but starting over others when fit would concern me.

Guest Dontooner

Looks more well rounded player then Tiote . At least passes forward. Anita and Jack looks quite comfortable together

Looks more well rounded player then Tiote . At least passes forward. Anita and Jack looks quite comfortable together

That should be our central midfield pairing for the season. Both good on the ball, mobile and keep it nice and simple. Tiote can sit his ass on the bench.

Utterly horrific craic saying Colback should be starting ahead of Tiote.

I don't see how Tiote is better than him, dude. Colback is just so much better on the ball. He's more aware, he's composed, he looks up and passes into space. I don't see Tiote doing any of those things.

The days of the hardmen in the middle of the pitch is over. Colback intercepted more balls today than I ever remember Tiote doing in a match. That's the modern defensive midfielder, not someone who launches into a tackle when the ball is received by the attacker.