Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He looked 'comfortable', and it's an absolute tragedy that he's actually Cabaye's replacement.

That's what I saw as well. Didn't think he was as spectacular as what people are saying.

Battling is maybe the word I'm looking for. Certainly didn't see anything of outstanding quality that's going to take us on as a team.

Nearly all of you lot wrote him off but he had a very solid game today.

Yes, and against the defending champions. Very consistent player so don't expect to see his performance levels drop.

set piece delivery was solid. worked hard and didn't give up. Feel Cabaye would have probably been booked against this lot for one of his snidey challenges late on. Not a 1 for 1 replacement, but not as horrible as expected either.

He also seems to work well with Anita as well, more so than Tiote does anyway. If we play that middle 3 like we reverted to after 15 minutes or so I'm sure we'll control the game against some of the sides outside the top four a lot better than we did last year.

Aye, him and Anita looked good together.  I'd like to see us continue with that.

No they didn't. Too similar. We aren't a possession side and those lads are only good at recycling play - among other lads that also largely struggle to create.

I disagree, ergo you are wrong.

He looked 'comfortable', and it's an absolute tragedy that he's actually Cabaye's replacement.

That's what I saw as well. Didn't think he was as spectacular as what people are saying.

Battling is maybe the word I'm looking for. Certainly didn't see anything of outstanding quality that's going to take us on as a team.

Because he wasn't just a run of the mill run around play it safe player.

Perfect for Pardle.

Tiote is rubbish against 80% of the teams in the league, man. Colback will be useful against all of those teams just simply because he can control a ball and he makes positive passes. We don't have room for passengers on the pitch and Tiote is a passenger against most teams unless we're defending for our lives.