Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He was alright in a big game. Surprised how much of a talking up he's getting.

He'll look as average as he is against Villa. Cabella was the highlight, and but he's got a good month or two more before he's Pardew'd, burnt out and asked to concentrate on helping his full-back. Oh, and be a match-winner up the other end.

He was alright in a big game. Surprised how much of a talking up he's getting.

He'll look as average as he is against Villa. Cabella was the highlight, and but he's got a good month or two more before he's Pardew'd, burnt out and asked to concentrate on helping his full-back. Oh, and be a match-winner up the other end.

I just appreciate the fact that we have two central midfielders who can control and pass the ball. It's also a bonus that his guaranteed inclusion pushes Tiote to the bench.

Tiote is rubbish against 80% of the teams in the league, man. Colback will be useful against all of those teams just simply because he can control a ball and he makes positive passes. We don't have room for passengers on the pitch and Tiote is a passenger against most teams unless we're defending for our lives.

You actually just made me make an audible "ergh" sound so fair play.

Tiote is rubbish against 80% of the teams in the league, man. Colback will be useful against all of those teams just simply because he can control a ball and he makes positive passes. We don't have room for passengers on the pitch and Tiote is a passenger against most teams unless we're defending for our lives.

You actually just made me make an audible "ergh" sound so fair play.

We've had this conversation before, haven't we? :lol:

You thought (think?) he was shit, I don't. I think he's a decent player who's better than Tiote. You don't. Today he proved that he's quite capable. Let's see how he does from here but I'd put good money on him being better than Tiote.

The spine is so insanely soft without Tiote. Like pissing water. When Newcastle aren't facing the Champions elect (ie. and the whole team isn't geared around not conceding, and there is an actual impetus/expectation for Newcastle to attack rather than just frustrate the opposition), I think Tiote's absence will shine a glaring light on that.

He's clearly not everything you want from a central midfield player but he has more responsibility/duties foisted on him than he ought to because he hasn't a decent partner since Cabaye to do the dirty work, and he's usually had an average of three ticking time bombs in the back-line too. We'll see anyway.

Think our midfield benefited from being up against a 2. Supremely talented but a midfield 2 regardless. Most teams play with 3 so we'll see how good they genuinely are.

:thup:

Also bare in mind how little interest Yaya shows when it comes to defending as well.

I don't think I've seen anyone really say Colback is total crap I just think people want us to aim higher and buy someone who maybe can create something from central midfield like Cabaye could

I think he's average and that his signing was immensely disappointing considering it was probable that he wasn't going to be "Gosling's replacement," but a regular starter. We could and should have signed someone better and no ammount of "cyber tears after another 7/10 performance" will change that. (Not saying that will be you like, but it will happen.)

That isn't the point though, I just think it's pretty churlish to say that Tiote is a "passenger against most teams unless we're defending for our lives" and I'm not even a massive fan of his.

Tiote could be a good again I think.

Just not with Pardew as manager as he asks far too much of him.

Tiote was brilliant at breaking the play up and distributing it simply and nothing else, it all went to pot when he was asked to do more.

Think our midfield benefited from being up against a 2. Supremely talented but a midfield 2 regardless. Most teams play with 3 so we'll see how good they genuinely are.

:thup:

Also bare in mind how little interest Yaya shows when it comes to defending as well.

I don't think I've seen anyone really say Colback is total crap I just think people want us to aim higher and buy someone who maybe can create something from central midfield like Cabaye could

fernando new to the league too.

Need to see how De Jong plays. I'm any case De Jong is so crucial it's scary.

I look at that side. 1 creative player. No finishers.

Very pleased and relieved to see him do well on his debut. He's a good all rounder in midfield, but there seemed to be so much pre-conceived hostility towards him that I worried that a poor or indifferent show would soon have the crowd on his back.

It sounds like he's made a few converts.

All credit to Colback, he did well today and was instrumental in limiting City's attacks and was definitely the main ballwinner for us.

Still think he's a right cunt for his antics last season but today was a step in the right direction on the road of forgiveness (sorry).

Seeing him so far, i think he will do very well for us, works hard and is neat and tidy. Rarely gives it away, plus now and again will get a goal. Him, vurn and De Jong as a middle could be good to see.

If he was brought in from abroad/ not been Ginger/ not played for the mackems more would admit he had a decent debut tbf. His set piece. delivery was very encouraging as well, considering how poor it looked in the pre-season games.

Very pleased and relieved to see him do well on his debut. He's a good all rounder in midfield, but there seemed to be so much pre-conceived hostility towards him that I worried that a poor or indifferent show would soon have the crowd on his back.

It sounds like he's made a few converts.

He isn't a "good"  all rounder.

He's exactly what I thought he was, competitive little bugger with good feet and uses the ball cleverly.

Agreed. And as I thought at the time, not a bad squad addition to pick up on a free, providing he is exactly that. A vast improvement on Gosling, and probably on a par with Guthrie on his good days.

I prefer him to tiote going off the little i have seen of him for us, wins the ball well, not as rash, has a better range of passing, a better shot and cross. Not as strong, but he was against 2 strong cms today and didnt get muscled out from what i saw.