Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Also the fact that we haven't had any better options until last week.

We've always had better options. We've just finally realised that a contract free player can cost a lot more in the long run in terms of results.

Just seen that Chronicle poll - 60% of our fans think that wor clementine should stay in the team for Watford. Erm.

Local Geordie lad, puts a shift in, gets stuck in.  He's a crowd favourite FFS  :huff:

I have started to notice a change in attitude towards him on twitter.  A lot of fans are rightly pointing out how shit he is.  Still got a long way to go to get some of the Facebook drongos to see the light.

I was told that I'm not knowledgable enough to understand how important he is to the team, because he does his job of picking up the ball from the centre back and 'passing forward' extremely well. Also even said stats back this up. :anguish:

You just can't argue with that kind of stupid.

:lol: he spends the whole game hiding, marking his man when we're in possession and passing backwards and sideways. 

I had the urge to text/call Talksport for the first time ever the other day, as I heard an interesting point from someone on there.  His name has totally escaped me.  But he's the Scouser, who used to play for West Ham?!  He was going on about players that hide during games, stop showing for the ball, conveniently make the wrong runs close to opposition players and never look to get themselves a yard of space. 

He was saying that there have been players that are fan favourites, who position themselves in the right position further up the pitch, so they can go and win a tackle, after a long punt forward.  But they should have been offering any easy pass in the first place.  He said you get players that will constantly keep trying to make things happen and aren't afraid of the fans getting on their back or giving it away.  Yet other players that shirk it all game and get seen as some sort of hero. 

He was saying he'd been at a club, where a player of this type was a fan favourite.  He spoke to the manager about it and pointed out how ineffective he was.  But the guy didn't get dropped as the fans loved him and the manager was under pressure at the time. 

Guess who came to mind?..............

:lol: he spends the whole game hiding, marking his man when we're in possession and passing backwards and sideways. 

I had the urge to text/call Talksport for the first time ever the other day, as I heard an interesting point from someone on there.  His name has totally escaped me.  But he's the Scouser, who used to play for West Ham?!  He was going on about players that hide during games, stop showing for the ball, conveniently make the wrong runs close to opposition players and never look to get themselves a yard of space. 

He was saying that there have been players that are fan favourites, who position themselves in the right position further up the pitch, so they can go and win a tackle, after a long punt forward.  But they should have been offering any easy pass in the first place.  He said you get players that will constantly keep trying to make things happen and aren't afraid of the fans getting on their back or giving it away.  Yet other players that shirk it all game and get seen as some sort of hero. 

He was saying he'd been at a club, where a player of this type was a fan favourite.  He spoke to the manager about it and pointed out how ineffective he was.  But the guy didn't get dropped as the fans loved him and the manager was under pressure at the time. 

Shola?

Shola?

Captain Fantastic Kevin Nolan. Although an argument could be made to say that he was trying his damndest to help out further back in the pitch, he has the turning circle of an Easyjet 767 so it was probably better for him to just face towards goal up the pitch instead.

Shola?

Captain Fantastic Kevin Nolan. Although an argument could be made to say that he was trying his damndest to help out further back in the pitch, he has the turning circle of an Easyjet 767 so it was probably better for him to just face towards goal up the pitch instead.

For all his faults, I don't think Nolan was a player that hid or went missing all the while.  Jack Colback certainly is, mind.

[emoji38] he spends the whole game hiding, marking his man when we're in possession and passing backwards and sideways. 

Sissoko is the player who isn't afraid of the fans getting on his back and is disliked by many, Colback is the fan favorite that hides

I do admire your staunch defending of Sissoko at every given opportunity :lol: 

I do agree with you on this, though.  I just hope Shelvey keeps up the good work.  I think if he starts failing with some of his Hollywood passing when we're struggling.  Fans will get restless.

When I used to go to games, you could hear audible groans and people getting pissed off when we kept possession and tried to work an opening.  Or when certain fans used to get annoyed at HBA for trying to beat his man and losing it.  But then an aimless clearance from Williamson or a massive slide tackle from a shit player, who's constantly miles out of position, wouldn't be seen as a problem.  Got to play those Allardyce style percentages.

[emoji38] he spends the whole game hiding, marking his man when we're in possession and passing backwards and sideways. 

Sissoko is the player who isn't afraid of the fans getting on his back and is disliked by many, Colback is the fan favorite that hides

Tiote as well. I know he can give the ball away when he wants to hold onto the ball too long, but one of the reasons I always liked him was he didn't hide. Gets himself involved in every area of the pitch.