Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think Dummett's a better left back

Nah no chance. Hasn't got any of the qualities needed to be a modern full back. Maybe 20 years ago, but not now

And Colback does have those qualities? Dummett's a way better defender and about as good going forward

That baby-crawl ball control is the last straw. f*** off.

:lol: we need a gif of that, was almost identical to his dive last week only at the other end of the pitch. Was completely lost hoping the referee would give him a hand.

:lol: It was awful, like. What the fuck was he thinking? Even playing at LB his first instinct was to turn and try and play it backwards. Was certain we were going to concede when he started crawling.

fwiw, with players like Gini, Shelvey, Sissoko and Ayoze around him, Colback can and will be a very effective cog in our system.  He's not a player I'd ever want being the focal point of our midfield, that's exactly what Shelvey will be, but he be a solid and very much unspectacular functioning member of the midfield who can do all the mundane things that go unnoticed consistently.  Our problem was that we were pairing him with another cog player and expecting way too much from him.  If we keep the rest of the midfield fit, I've got no problem with him starting and keeping things ticking over.

I just think that he does a lot of stuff that will go unnoticed.  He's competent and consistent at the very least.  Mr dependable. 

The litmus test for this will be as to whether he's still in the squad in a year or two.  I know it's NUFC and all, so he may remain by default...