Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gouffran - Tiote - Colback - Sissoko

:pards:

I really hope Gouffran isn't officially considered a wide man now. It annoys me no end.

Needs to be used as a striker going forward please, and just fill in out wide occasionally.

What exactly do we need a squad to compete in? We actively don't want to go far in the cups and we're not in Europe. He's an average player brought in because he's free, young and wants to come here, that's about the long and short of it. If we genuinely wanted a squad to compete we would have splashed out and done it properly years ago, instead of signing a few players on the cheap here and there when they're available.

Guest chopey

What exactly do we need a squad to compete in? We actively don't want to go far in the cups and we're not in Europe. He's an average player brought in because he's free, young and wants to come here, that's about the long and short of it. If we genuinely wanted a squad to compete we would have splashed out and done it properly years ago, instead of signing a few players on the cheap here and there when they're available.

Totally agree with this, we need a squad to survive in the Premier laegue as cheap as possible and have absolutly no shame in telling people this.

We are basically safe in the League and one of the only clubs to make money with no real issues about survival or major internal problems but this is the worst period of supporting Newcastle in our history for any true fan.

Totally agree with this, we need a squad to survive in the Premier laegue as cheap as possible and have absolutly no shame in telling people this.

We are basically safe in the League and one of the only clubs to make money with no real issues about survival or major internal problems but this is the worst period of supporting Newcastle in our history for any true fan.

Don't agree with this tbh. The defence is Premier League standard, although there's more than a few holes in it. We can put Colback, Sissoko, Anita, Bigirimana and Tiote in front of it - a solid set of midfielders even if they are bereft of goals and creativity.

But if we start the season with the set of players we have to play in front of them at the moment then I cannot see any way we will avoid a relegation battle. This lot are as bad a set of attackers as I have ever seen on our books in the top flight:

Ameobi 0 Vuckic 0  Obertan £3.5m BenArfa £5.5m Marveaux 0 Jonas 0? Ferguson 0

Perez £1.5m Gouffran £1.5m Cisse £10m Armstrong 0 Campbell 0

I haven't seen Perez play, but I think a 20 year old from the Spanish second division is unlikely to score 20 goals for us. Gouffran is ok - a premier league player. Ben Arfa is a class above but is fat, in and out of the side, and will be in the last year of his contract. The rest of them may have potential (in some cases) but currently belong in the Championship or lower.

I don't really care about Colback - he might be useful he might not. Easily the only thing I'm that bothered about is which forwards come in. Ashley has spent about £21m on centre forwards since he came to the club, a pitiful amount. He has got away without investing with deals like Ba and Remy, but if he doesnt put his hand in his pocket for proven quality up front in the next 12 weeks then I'll be convinced we're going down.

We're anything but safe. :lol:

No improvement on the squad that put in one of the most pathetic half-season performances I've ever seen. We'll be lucky to win any matches with Captain Brillolips in charge, no fit strikers, and Paul Dummett starting matches.

Obviously Colback by himself will have little impact, but I do expect Ashley to push through the signing of someone like Gomis. While Ashley wants to invest as little time and money towards the club as possible, he does want to stay in the premier, and for that he'll need to buy a half decent striker.

Jack Colback is a rather good signing. Under the right tutorage, he could develop into something that England currently do not have.

6:26 PM - 9 Jun 2014

I have no words.

The fact that c*** is holding one of our shirts makes me want to vomit.

He's already something England don't have.

For me, more than anything else not only does he not offer an improvement on anyone we have currently, crucially he really doesn't offer anything different.

Can't wait to see what kind of 'fret' a midfield of Anita-Tiote-Colback-Sissoko can conjure up.

I'm sorry to see him go. Was just starting to get forward more under Poyet. Good tackler, good work rate, keeps it simple.

As some of you have said if he's coming in as a squad player then he's worth signing.

If he's coming in as Cabaye's replacement you're all going to be bitterly disappointed.

Cabaye scored and created goals.

Jack likes passing sideways and backwards a lot.

I'm sorry to see him go. Was just starting to get forward more under Poyet. Good tackler, good work rate, keeps it simple.

As some of you have said if he's coming in as a squad player then he's worth signing.

If he's coming in as Cabaye's replacement you're all going to be bitterly disappointed.

And we already have Tiote and Anita to perform a similar role.

Either way I can see Anita back to his bench warming duties of old.

:pardsgrin:

Pretty much what I've felt all along.

Jenas Mk 11.

Ok at everything, outstanding at nothing.